How do you feel about cheating and would you forgive your partner if they did?

Options

Replies

• Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Resistive wrote: »
    I have cheat days once a week!

I encourage everyone to cheat, so exhilarating!

But how are you at mopping?

Ben & Jerry’s fixes everything...
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Not lactose intolerance
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I cheat myself every day
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Not lactose intolerance

No he meant two guys named Ben and Jerry. I also wingman for them.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    No cheating. :s
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I cheat myself every day

When you use the hand you don't write with?

I kinda love you!!
  • anthony_m86
    anthony_m86 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I cheated and ate pizza today :/
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Forgiveness is beautiful. Mercy can change a life.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Real life cheating or mfp cheating?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I’m 22 years old and I’ve never dated. My parents were pretty strict but when I graduated high school I immediately started working then went to college so I couldn’t really find any time to date with all the stuff going on. When I hear about a cheater I automatically get upset because that’s not cool and say the person should dump them. But maybe I’m only feeling this way because I’ve never dated and I’m not I’m there shoes? Idk. What do you guys feel about it?

When I was your age the person I was seeing decided they wanted to have a thing with someone else as well. I considered our relationship over with because of that. I was upset but it was pretty easy to walk away and move on.

I've been married 18 years and if my partner was cheating now it would be more complicated. We have a lot of history together and a child together. Our finances are tied together. I don't know if we could rebuild trust and get over it but it would be harder to just seperate and move on. It is really hard to imagine but we might stay together. The only situation I can imagine being kind of okay with my spouse having an affair is if I were in an extended coma. I would understand possibly turning to someone else for comfort and support. It would have to be something extreme to justify it.

I do know a married couple where one person cheated and they stayed together. I do think less of the person who cheated on their spouse. It is between the two of them though.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Trust and respect are crucial. If they cheat they do not have respect - for you, for themselves, for anyone affected by their choices.

Trust is a fragile thing and I'm not sure if it would be possible to fix once broken. You would always be wondering: Are they really working late? How wet is that gym towel? What exactly are they doing on their phone right now?

The seed of doubt has been planted and that is a fast growing weed with deep and solid roots.

Just my thoughts. My ex never cheated on me with another woman, but there were other things that kept him out, sometimes all night. I am glad I don't have that stress in my life anymore. I sleep so much better these days knowing that it is no longer my problem
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I know my opinion about this will be unpopular but bear with me. When you sit down and think about it, it’s really kind of strange that ‘cheating’ is a thing.

I know that the vast majority of people view it as morally wrong to ‘cheat’ ie be with someone else. But why do we see it as wrong? I’m not playing dumb, I’m just wondering what it stems from.

If you think about it from an evolutionary aspect, it’s a human drive to procreate. There was a time when it was essential to our survival to procreate like rabbits. Just as essential: eating. So why is it that when we find someone whom we trust and adore and want to be with and have kids with that we must expect them to deny a primal urge to prove how much they love us? I mean when you think about it, isn’t it kinda funny? It’s like marrying someone and being outraged to find out they’re eating carbs behind your back because if they really loved you, they’d deny that urge.

Basically my feeling is that I, in theory, want to show a man that I love him and trust him and enjoy him just as he is. No rules or obligations. He doesn’t owe me a thing. He doesn’t have to deny anything to prove himself to me. I think relationships like that would be more honest and fulfilling.

Like I said, I know it’s unpopular. And it’s just me musing really. I just wonder when it became a virtually worldwide social more. Back in old testament days those dudes had wives and concubines up the wazoo. :smirk:

The patriarchy
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    eccomi_qui wrote: »
    I know my opinion about this will be unpopular but bear with me. When you sit down and think about it, it’s really kind of strange that ‘cheating’ is a thing.

I know that the vast majority of people view it as morally wrong to ‘cheat’ ie be with someone else. But why do we see it as wrong? I’m not playing dumb, I’m just wondering what it stems from.

If you think about it from an evolutionary aspect, it’s a human drive to procreate. There was a time when it was essential to our survival to procreate like rabbits. Just as essential: eating. So why is it that when we find someone whom we trust and adore and want to be with and have kids with that we must expect them to deny a primal urge to prove how much they love us? I mean when you think about it, isn’t it kinda funny? It’s like marrying someone and being outraged to find out they’re eating carbs behind your back because if they really loved you, they’d deny that urge.

Basically my feeling is that I, in theory, want to show a man that I love him and trust him and enjoy him just as he is. No rules or obligations. He doesn’t owe me a thing. He doesn’t have to deny anything to prove himself to me. I think relationships like that would be more honest and fulfilling.

Like I said, I know it’s unpopular. And it’s just me musing really. I just wonder when it became a virtually worldwide social more. Back in old testament days those dudes had wives and concubines up the wazoo. :smirk:

The patriarchy

COMPLETE SENTENCES
  • caco_ethes
    Options

The patriarchy

COMPLETE SENTENCES

The patriarchy also means I don’t have to

Hate
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options

The patriarchy

COMPLETE SENTENCES

The patriarchy also means I don’t have to

Hate

Hug