JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Sometimes spending time chatting instead of piling through a to-do list is exactly what you need! I think your day sounds like a winner! Happy dance for the healthy baby, healthy mama news! :smile:

@Saragirl2 How fun for your daughter and DH to go to the Pats playoff game! Our GB Packers are not in playoffs this year for the first time in a very long time, so my DH and I are going to a movie this afternoon. I'm excited to have a "date" with him. I am still not totally used to the fact that I don't have to work weekends anymore with this new job, that things like this are still really exciting! LOL! Have a great afternoon with your son!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    Been sick for 3 days... sore throat, stuffy nose, watery eyes, swollen glands!! Not fun but ...

JFT
    Stay within calories
    Drink plenty of fluids

That’s about it lol!

Hope you feel better soon! There is so much sickness around lately! Take care
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Friday
    1. Journal every bite honestly :)
    2. Drink less caffeine and more water :(
    3. Get up from my desk and walk every hour :(I need to really tackle this one. My new job has me sitting at a desk even more than my previous job. And my previous job had a desk I could raise or lower so I could alternate standing with sitting. New building I'm in doesn't have a lot of opportunity to get steps in. Hmmm...gonna have to think on this.
    4. Added sugar <29 g ;)Only missed it by 5g...34g added sugar. Much better than normal!
    5. Work toward gaining self-confidence in new job :)This will be ongoing. Only been there 6 weeks.
    6. Be grateful :)
    7. Enjoy my evening with husband watching movies. :)
    8. NO ICE CREAM tonight :)
    9. Gratitude journal and read Simple Abundance before bed. :)
    10. Go to bed early and wake up early so I don't waste half the day tomorrow! :(Stayed up reading and didn't wake up until 9:30!

I feel like I post the same goals every day and half the time don't hit them. I need to mix it up a bit but not sure how yet. I'm going to ponder on that...what I need to do to shake things up a little and get my motivation back.

Just for Saturday
    1. Journal every bite.
    2. HYDRATE!!!!!
    3. Added sugar <29 g
    4. Enjoy movie date with DH. I know I will eat some of the popcorn, so my goal will be to try to limit how much I eat.
    5. Put down my fork between bites. Chew and swallow before each bite. Eat slower and mindfully.
    6. Activity today. Even if I only make it 15 minutes on treadmill...it's a start. Just Do It!
    7. Read my Beck's index cards. Read next chapter of book.
    8. Bed early so I get up earlier tomorrow! Gratitude journal and Simple Abundance before bed.

Have a GREAT Saturday everyone! We got this!

Tracie in WI
    One foot in front of the other, always moving forward...
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :/
    2. Studio time (beginning quilting the borders!) :/
    Baked cookies for family/work instead
    3. Laundry :)
    4. Pool :)
    5. Subway for dinner :)
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Studio time
    3. Laundry (where does all of this come from? :# ridiculous)
    4. Movie date with hubby
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

I'm finding scheduled bedtime is helping. The odd day I don't manage it there is a big impact the next day.

Hubby asked me why his pants were getting shorter. He already knew but he asked so I told him. "When they need to stretch horizontally, they shrink vertically." He said "Nope, I'm getting taller." :p
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    I know this is a silly thing, but I just need to write it down somewhere. This is the first time I have ever gone to a movie without eating a large bucket of movie theater popcorn and a diet Mountain Dew. I did have popcorn, but I bought the #8 Package, called the Light Package, which was a junior-sized bag of popcorn with a 20 oz bottle of water instead. It was just enough to satisfy.... It's a very small thing to most people, but it is a HUGE NSV for me! Plus, the movie was cute too. :wink:

NSVs are the best! What film did you see :)

I've not been to the "cinema" (as we call it over here :sweat_smile: ) in yearssss!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    DRBuchholz wrote: »

@joan6630
    Also ask yourself if it's moving you closer to your goal or away from your goal. Sometimes it works for me

Thank you for this suggestion also! I wrote a index card .... with ways to stop myself in the store. Just because it is a bargain, its not really a bargin!

Might be a bargain in terms of money but not a bargain for your body!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 We saw Jumanji in the Dream Lounger room (recliners for seats). It was a funny movie and I really enjoyed it. Love just kicking back and watching a movie on the big screen...takes me to another world for a little while!

Good for you on the bread! Bread is one of the hardest things for me to give up. I could eat bread and butter for a meal and be happy. :smile: I haven't been eating much bread at all for a while. I am still trying to kick the ice cream though. Last two nights I didn't have any, so crossing my fingers I keep on the right direction. Hope you continue to feel better! xoxox
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories. My weaknesses: I love food...my sweet tooth, especially chocolate...portion control...FOMO (Fear of Missing Out). I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

01/13 = 157.0 big surprise! Yesterday evening, walked in Frenzy on the Fox 5K in 47:26 pace 15:19 mph. Very happy with my time, wore layers of clothes in 10 degrees & NNW 12 mph wind.

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

Look at you!!! That is fantastic! And a HUGE encouragement to me that slow and steady wins the race. Really gave me a boost. Good job with your polar bear walk! Safe travels. Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Shocked that I lost this morning after my binge, but hoping my morning 90 minute workouts at the gym are helping me some.

Weekly weigh-in

Jan 6 195.5
    January 13: 193.8

These are my January goals
    1. Lose 3 pounds - goal weight 191
    2. 8 glasses of water at least 5x a week
    3. log all food at least 5x a week
    4. exercise at least 5x a week
    5. gratitude journal at least 5x a week
    6. get on here everyday to be accountable

Borrowed from several another MFP posters:
    If I don't do what I can today, I won't be able to do what I want tomorrow.

Thanks for posting your weight loss journey. This is encouraging and spurring me upward and onward. I like the quote and it is so true. Peace and joy!
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Recap of today
    Just for Saturday 1/13
    Wake up at 6 (awake from 3-530 so I ended up sleeping till 830)
    Exercise (yup)
    Meeting (yup)
    Meet step goal (not looking good)
    Stay green and keep macros inline. (yes and yes, the macros are harder than the calories)
    Journal (100% I will)
    Bed by 10 (Probably)

Just for Sunday 1/14
    Up at 6
    Exercise - yoga is the plan
    Daughter's basketball game
    Meet step goal
    Stay green and keep macros in check.
    Journal
    Bed by 10