Replies

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    how much better your skin will get!
    I used to have pretty bad hard skin on my feet - it has reduced by around 80% and what remains feels a lot more 'normal'
    backs of my arms and thighs used to be constantly pimply with kind of red spots. All gone!

And this was not tried for or a goal. Just happened! :D I also get alot less acne around TOM. Always a bonus!

Or "different". I get a less QUANTITY of acne but the quality has changed. Instead of many small breakouts, I've been getting larger white heads, but definitely fewer of them.
    Too, I've had some pretty bad post-workout breakouts if I'm not diligent about washing my face right away.

And I'm not sure if it's the cold weather, but my skin has definitely gotten drier. I used to have VERY oily skin and now it's a weird combination of super oily patches and super dry patches.

This. My skin had been oily even when I was healthy weight but now it has become a combination of oily and dry patches.
  • rcd7
    rcd7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Terri6627 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.

My face is a hot mess that will not clear up. I've paid for laser treatments, taken a ton of antibiotics, used a ton of prescription face creams, tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof, use Cetaphil daily. Nothing works at all. It's been bad for the past 3 years and gotten worse as I've lost weight.

This is so hard - I’ve been there! What’s helped a lot for me is a diet change - no dairy (this is the major culprit for me), limited alcohol, sugar and chocolate- and oil cleansing on my face. My skin reacts to almost every cleaning and moisturizing product; oil cleansing is the first time it didn’t do that. It’s taken about 5 months but my skin is vastly improved. I also take probiotics to counteract all the antibiotics I’ve had.

Good luck!!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    rcd7 wrote: »
    Terri6627 wrote: »
    paulaviki wrote: »
    I'm so jealous of people who say their skin has cleared, I'm not at goal but I've been having the worst chin breakouts since I started losing. :(
    Well that's the unfortunate side of "eat less, sweat more. I get more pimples too, but I've never had bad skin.

My face is a hot mess that will not clear up. I've paid for laser treatments, taken a ton of antibiotics, used a ton of prescription face creams, tried Proactiv and Mary Kay Clear Proof, use Cetaphil daily. Nothing works at all. It's been bad for the past 3 years and gotten worse as I've lost weight.

This is so hard - I’ve been there! What’s helped a lot for me is a diet change - no dairy (this is the major culprit for me), limited alcohol, sugar and chocolate- and oil cleansing on my face. My skin reacts to almost every cleaning and moisturizing product; oil cleansing is the first time it didn’t do that. It’s taken about 5 months but my skin is vastly improved. I also take probiotics to counteract all the antibiotics I’ve had.

Good luck!!

Dairy is a huge culprit for me also. I would turn to Greek Yogurt as my go to when I needed something sweet or in addition to my lunch. So on top of any dairy I was already eating I added the yogurt and sometimes more than one a day. It make me break out worse than when I was a teenager. I still eat dairy, but I try and keep it lower
  • teamfage
    teamfage Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I remember that happening to me. I refer to that as a good problem, lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!