Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Can we continue this into February??? This is really helping me to stay focused.

For sure, we can continue this into February. I'll make a February thread at the end of January. It is helping me so much to read all of your advice, struggles, triumphs. Tonight I went and bought two electric tea kettles. One is ceramic and one is glass- I'll take one to work. I have been substituting tea for wine. Day 17- another dry day. 17 in a row. I don't miss alcohol. But I am positive if I had just one drink , I would have two more immediately. That's just who I am. I love hearing your stories. Keep it coming. xo

Will I have to search for the thread or will it stay tagged? This is the only thread I've joined.
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I think u have to star it to tag it
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 - SO smart buying two electric kettles. You are really setting yourself up for success, as they say.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Have folks thought about a group? I wonder if some folks would be more comfortable being "naked" (as in the much mentioned book) in a group? Just a thought.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    salleewins wrote: »
    YAY!! Although not as perfect as I wanted to be this month with alcohol , my efforts have still resulted in a 5.6 lb weight loss so far!!

Awesome!!!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Have folks thought about a group? I wonder if some folks would be more comfortable being "naked" (as in the much mentioned book) in a group? Just a thought.

I had thought about a group as well. But for me sometimes I forget the group is there because I dont get a pop on new posts.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

I had thought about a group as well. But for me sometimes I forget the group is there because I dont get a pop on new posts.

It's true. I thought about that as well. That said, join us in the (peri)menopause group too!
  • dbanks80
    Options

It's true. I thought about that as well. That said, join us in the (peri)menopause group too!

What is the name of the group. I did a search and there are several groups
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

What is the name of the group. I did a search and there are several groups

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Day 17 for me and I haven’t thought about wine in the evening the last two nights. I have also noticed that I don’t get hot at night anymore! I used to sweat and I wonder if it’s the fact that alcohol increases estrogen (which is why I think it’s a leading cause of breast cancer) - ahh I look forward to having a glass of wine again, but I love all the benefits of not drinking. Dry January is the best! <3

I was getting night sweats as well really bad. I am in perimenopause. I have definitely noticed when I don't drink I do not get any hot flashes at all. Coupled with exercising I feel great.

I am so thankful because my mom had hot flashes and she was on hormone meds for like over 20+ years. I am so thankful I am not experiencing anything like that.

Same here! When I don't drink, I don't get any hot flashes during the night. I'm in the same age bracket as you perimenopausal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Day 17 for me and I haven’t thought about wine in the evening the last two nights. I have also noticed that I don’t get hot at night anymore! I used to sweat and I wonder if it’s the fact that alcohol increases estrogen (which is why I think it’s a leading cause of breast cancer) - ahh I look forward to having a glass of wine again, but I love all the benefits of not drinking. Dry January is the best! <3

I was getting night sweats as well really bad. I am in perimenopause. I have definitely noticed when I don't drink I do not get any hot flashes at all. Coupled with exercising I feel great.

I am so thankful because my mom had hot flashes and she was on hormone meds for like over 20+ years. I am so thankful I am not experiencing anything like that.

Same here! When I don't drink, I don't get any hot flashes during the night. I'm in the same age bracket as you perimenopausal.

Mine were/are definitely worse with wine. Red wine in particular. I assume it goes with the raised heart rate I mentioned earlier too.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Can we continue this into February??? This is really helping me to stay focused.

For sure, we can continue this into February. I'll make a February thread at the end of January. It is helping me so much to read all of your advice, struggles, triumphs. Tonight I went and bought two electric tea kettles. One is ceramic and one is glass- I'll take one to work. I have been substituting tea for wine. Day 17- another dry day. 17 in a row. I don't miss alcohol. But I am positive if I had just one drink , I would have two more immediately. That's just who I am. I love hearing your stories. Keep it coming. xo

The same with me Julie, if I had one drink, I would have two more immediately.