What's the biggest small change you've made?

Replies

• aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    aganey wrote: »
    Growing up I never ate breakfast bc I wasn’t hungry until lunch time and I was always thin. Well after I had my first child 11 years ago I never lost my baby weight. I forced myself to eat breakfast bc “it was the most important meal of the day and it jump started your metabolism” (so I read). I ALWAYS want a bedtime snack and NEVER had enough calories to eat anything satisfying. I eventually would get frustrated and binge snack and then give up. The past two weeks I’ve only eaten breakfast if I’m hungry for it. Most days I just have my coffee. This leaves me a fair amount of calories for my bedtime snack, I’m not feeling deprived in any way and the scale is moving in the right direction! I usually end up even a tad under my calories! I don’t know why it took 11 years for this one obvious thing to click with me!!
    . Yea!! I always get so tired of people
    Telling me I should eat breakfast! Blah blah. I did that for 20 odd years and look where it got me. Now I only eat it if I’m hungry, then I have calories and snacks left for later in the day when I am
    ACTUALLY hungry!

Exactly! Thanks for agreeing!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    i think that buying groceries did it for me. i mean, i sort of bought groceries before i was lifting ;) but once i began to do that the whole question of food became urgent in a new way.

i buy groceries most of the time, and then i cook them. and then, the really big one: i eat what i cook instead of just winging it.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Deliberately incorporated walking (uphill, too) in my commute by picking my route and getting off the bus early. Overall I get 9 - 10 000 steps or so only from the commute, if I don't do any walking at lunch (and I normally do). This takes me right up there in lightly active despite my sedentary desk job.

My history shows that I just can't sustain (read: really really hate) eating below a certain threshold, so the moment I slacken with exercise my deficit gets smaller, and I won't go hungry to maintain it. Now the exercise is built right into my day and I can eat enough to stay sane and lose weight.

All this just from getting my kitten off the bus at a strategically chosen spot.

Just had a light bulb moment :smiley: Thank you and love your profile pic.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    I came back. Been tracking for 5 days after a break since late October. On track to eat at/just above my calories for the second day in a row. This is huge, I've been struggling with coming back.

I'm also cutting out my sugar free creamer in my coffee. Probably will never give up Splenda, but I'm learning to enjoy it without creamer, which is huge. I wasn't measuring, and I'd estimate that I was using a quarter cup or so every day. The sugar free stuff is only something like 15 calories a tablespoon, but I was probably drinking close to 60 calories a day. And not counting it. That's fine now, I have 1860 calories a day, but it won't always be!

Besides, I buy flavored coffee and the creamer interferes with the flavor. ;)
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Eating breakfast later in the day, so I end up only eating 2 meals a day.

Me too :)
  • thinbybday
    thinbybday Posts: 32 Member
    Meal prepping, so I never have to cave and mindlessly eat garbage.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!