Dry January!

Options

Replies

• Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    On Day 19 --- no problem! Little bit of a hiccup last night; first time I nearly wished I had wine, but it passed.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Still sticking with it here, though lack of sleep and work stress increases temptation I've been strong so far :D
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Fridays nights are tempting after a long stressful week! Congratulations to everyone who made it through. Happy Saturday morning!

@SanDiegofitmom points out what I have learned so many times: You don't need booze to socialize!

PS. My weight is definitely going back down to what it was before Christmas. I'll probably be back to baseline by end of January! This is mostly due to dropping the CH3C2OH (alcohol), since I'm eating pretty close to maintenance level. Wishing best success to everyone else!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you @dkabambe it’s not easy holding up to pressure. I was at a party all day today too lots of good beer and wine. But stayed strong! 11 more days and perhaps beyond for me!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who is still with the challenge! We are now 21/31ths of the way through and have gotten through 3 of the 4 weekends.

Like many of you, I've been under significant stress this month. I have learned time and again that there are far better ways to deal with stress than alcohol. (Actually, almost any other way is better. My favorite de-stresser is cardio.)

(When I have trouble sleeping, one thing that works for me is listening to an audiobook while lying in bed. One recent favorite was "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" which is the basis of the movie "Blade Runner." Most audiobook apps have a sleep timer feature just for this purpose.)
  • eddie_fields
    eddie_fields Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a week away. It’s kind of flown. Since Feb 1 is a week day will be a good starting point for anyone that is going to keep it going. Let’s all get to the finish line! (And some of us keep the challenge rolling)
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    2apv6ct9xfg0.png

When you have an unexpectedly free Saturday night, and you get a message via mailing list of local pub saying they're doing 2-for-1 drinks all weekend to celebrate "getting through January"!