2018 Lose 52 Pounds In 52 week’s Challenge

Replies

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,236 Member
    @Kiminlie @beverlyjlarson
    Welcome!
    It’s never to late to start getting healthy!

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    you can do this zonnebloem....if I can...you can!!!! xoxooxo (we are already friends and I stalk her daily and cheer her on! ) :):)
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2018
    Fit_Prit
    I enjoy working out with Fitness Blender on YouTube. There is alot of variety available, type, length, intensity. I find them very motivating and fun. :)
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Are you still open to new members?
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    @zonnebloem69 I would love to find some accountability buddies! I think that really helps me stay motivated! Feel free to add me if you'd like ☺️
  • Stardust620
    Stardust620 Posts: 250 Member
    Anyone have any suggestions for definable, attainable, long term goals? I was thinking about registering for a 5K or something like that, but I'm very prone to shin splints, so until I drop some serious poundage, anything with a lot of running or bouncing isn't very realistic for me. I want something I can aim for besides just "Lose 10 pounds" or "Drop a pants size" or something like that. Ideas?
  • mittenswillet
    Anyone have any suggestions for definable, attainable, long term goals? I was thinking about registering for a 5K or something like that, but I'm very prone to shin splints, so until I drop some serious poundage, anything with a lot of running or bouncing isn't very realistic for me. I want something I can aim for besides just "Lose 10 pounds" or "Drop a pants size" or something like that. Ideas?

I've noticed recently there are a lot of sites online now where you can earn money to lose weight.......maybe that is a good incentive?

I would like to add you as a friend also! (need accountability too!!)
  • zonnebloem69
    zonnebloem69 Posts: 29 Member
    Ha sounds familiar. Running is a no no for me right now.
    I just bought a new swimsuit. I just haven't gone yet. We all know that swimming is a great exercise.
    yes i feel I look ridicules but that shouldn't bother me, should. :'(
  • mittenswillet
    me too, running has always been out for me, same as swimming, refuse to humiliate myself...Id rather walk to Leslie Sansone in the private and comfort of home =)
  • vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member

What about a fitness goal? Be able to do a certain amount of pushups, holding plank for a certain amount of time, numbers of burpees in a minute? Bike a certain speed or swim a certain length in a specific amount of time. Follow a specific yoga routine without taking a break? (whatever metric related to a physical activity you do).

Or a healthy habit goal? sleep x hours a day, drink enough water that your pee is never dark yellow (that's a big one for me hahah) get blood work number to a certain level?

Any one else has other ideas? It's kind of interesting to think of non scale/looks related goals.
  • vivalavida82
    vivalavida82 Posts: 108 Member
    Little late, but i'm in

weighed in Sunday, 1-21: 269 lbs.

I have been struggling with an achilles injury after trying to go too fast too soon. I started walking on the treadmill back in December, when I weighed 274 lbs, and I began walking/jogging before my body was ready. After a great workout (for an overweight, out of shape dude) on December 30 (2 miles in 29 min - with some incline) , I could barely walk for a while. I have been trying to walk this past week with some success (after having a nasty cold for a few days) - but I began stretching and doing exercises just to get the body more fit.

I am feeling pretty committed, and started logging all my intake again here on MFP - 3 days straight....

Hope this is the jumping off point to a healthier life

Hey there, welcome.
    I swear by "Yoga with Adrienne" on youtube lately. She has very good and fun yoga video of all kinds and levels on line. Since I've been doing them, I really feel my entire is more fit and comfortable.
    I stopped running because I learned that I can't control myself and always do to much to soon and get injured...
    Good luck with getting over the injury.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Hi all I fell off the wagon but only for a couple days at cottage. Not to much harm done. Hoping to show a loss come Friday. Let's do this.

See you all lighter
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,183 Member
    Starting weight 12/31/17: 160.2
    Goal Weight for this challenge: 140 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 98-105 lbs
    (I'm 4'10" & sm. boned).
    Current weight 1/22/18: 160.6

Weight loss, Week 1: 1.5 lbs (?)
    Weight loss week 2: gained 4 lbs from last week
    Weight loss week 3: lost 1.5 from last week
    Weight Loss 2018: gained .6

Last week's successes: exercised a little more. Stopped eating like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last week's challenges: Unplanned for party that included dinner. Unplanned for dinner at friend's house. So, 2 of those unexpected unplanned meals.
    Next week's challenges: Possibly another dinner out on friday night. Getting enuf sleep. Getting exercise.
  • mfost50
    mfost50 Posts: 75 Member
    Challenge Starting Weight: 231.4 lbs
    Goal weight: 180 lbs
    Last week: 229.2 lbs (lost 2.2)
    Current weight: 230.8 lbs (gained 1.6)

This week's successes: Slowly becoming more active; starting with walking

This week's challenges: Bad sweet tooth
  • lac251
    lac251 Posts: 9 Member
    Name: Laura
    Height: 5' 10"