2018 Lose 52 Pounds In 52 week’s Challenge

Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I burned alot of exercise calories, but went to bed hungry and didn't sleep well. This may also be adjusting to a new schedule (I don't have to be in class until 11pm!!)

For the past two weeks, I did lots of walking and other cardio around my schedule and felt completely satisfied with the calories.

But now that I have more time to work out, I have a dilemma. I thought this would be a good thing, but it's hard to exert myself with more intense and longer workout time on the deficit. I set it for losing 2 lbs per week, but I found that I'm hungry and weak.

I don't know if I should change the settings or figure out how to trick my body into doing more with less. I believe it is capable, but losing sleep to hunger doesn't seem right. Yogi bedtime tea didn't even help... and it usually does.

For now I'll accept it as a transition time and work on a solution.

Are you eating back (some of) your exercise calories and not just your basic calorie amount?
  • Floridachic23
    Floridachic23 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Motivated and Dedicated!

Starting weight: 151
    Goal weight: 100
    Current weight: 151
    Total weight lost:
    This week's successes: Tracking Food, Beach Yoga
    This week's challenges: No jelly beans and bourbon. :wink:
    Height: 4'11"
  • imafitmom
    imafitmom Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 215
    Goal weight: 165
    Current weight: 213
    Total weight lost: 2
    This week's successes: Drinking water.... lots of water.
    This week's challenges: Shifting my mindset concerning food.
  • Babygirl7503
    Babygirl7503 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HOW DO I COPY AND PASTE
  • jonwolgamuth
    jonwolgamuth Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm late to the party, but I want to do this. I've lost 4 pounds or so in the first week, so I'm on my weigh. (Hey-O!)

Starting weight: 218.3
    Goal weight: 166.3
    Current weight: 218.3
    Total weight lost: 0
    This week's successes:
    This week's challenges:
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am also in. Great idea to do it over the entire year. One pound per week doesn't seem so daunting.

Starting weight: 175
    Goal weight: 140
    Current weight: 170
    Total weight lost: 5 lbs (lost 7 but gained back 2 lbs over the holiday.
    This week's successes: Tracked all week and exercised.
    This week's challenges: My car was in the shop, so I could not make it to the gym as often. Worked out at home instead so I did get some exercise. My husband came home with three bags of cookies, including my absolute favorite mint thins. I ate half the package, got disgusted with myself, and then threw the rest of the bag in the trash. From now on, if the cookies come in the house I will put them directly in the trash instead of the pantry.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Junodog1: Are you eating back (some of) your exercise calories and not just your basic calorie amount?

I am. I ran out of calories super fast yesterday, and I was still very hungry. I figured out that some of the serving sizes were off, for example, I thought I logged 1 egg but it was set to 1 cup of eggs.

Today I utilized black beans and brown rice to supply energy and protein, and I allowed a longer rest period between workouts. I feel much better today and I still have calories left :)
  • SHW33TP3A
    SHW33TP3A Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in- very excited!

Historical SW: 254.0
    November 1, 2017: 205.0
    December 1, 2017: 195.4
    January 1, 2017: 189.6
    Goal weight: 146
    This weeks goal: 187.0

This weeks successes: I have gotten two good workouts in already. Traveling and hotel has a beautiful gym.

This weeks challenges: traveling is hard food wise for me...retaining water, I was down to 187 last week.

1/8: 189.6
    1/15:
    1/22:
    1/29:
  • Khonig
    Khonig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Name: Karl
    Height: 5'11"

Starting weight: 246 lbs
    Goal weight: 195 lbs (+/- 5 lbs)
    Current weight: 243
    Total weight lost: 3
    This week's successes: finding this group after challenging myself to the same goal - 52 in 52. Had a nice ring to it.
    This week's challenges: carving out time for me, not beating myself up for missing a workout
  • grog44
    grog44 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 308
    Goal weight for end of 2018: 256
    Current weight: 303.9
    Total weight lost: 4.1
    This week's successes: Lost 1.5lbs
    This week's challenges: Stay focused on exercise and eating well.

Weigh-in day: Wednesday

1/3 - 305.4
    1/10 - 303.9
    1/17
    1/24
    1/31
  • hopiemama33
    hopiemama33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Next Monday I am leaving for a cruise. I won't have internet access so I am not sure if I will be able to weigh in or post. I plan to watch my intake and try to log manually! After 136 day streak of logging in I hate to lose a week, but you know...the Bahamas! I actually lost weight on my last cruise.... I walked and danced enough to get about 15,000 steps per day! Let's hope this one works that way too.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Next Monday I am leaving for a cruise. I won't have internet access so I am not sure if I will be able to weigh in or post. I plan to watch my intake and try to log manually! After 136 day streak of logging in I hate to lose a week, but you know...the Bahamas! I actually lost weight on my last cruise.... I walked and danced enough to get about 15,000 steps per day! Let's hope this one works that way too.

Have fun on your cruise!
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 198
    Goal weight: 152
    Current weight: 196
    Total weight lost: 2
    This week's successes: No alcohol
    This week's challenges: Bad cold/flu - not able to exercise
  • Arianna52
    Arianna52 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am starting counting calories. I started using the Smart Ones from Weight Watchers frozen meals.
    My problem is the amount of sodium. I am drinking more water.
    Good luck to us all.

Today's weight: 183.6 lbs.
    Goal: 140 lbs
  • tammierlewis
    tammierlewis Posts: 564 Member
    Options

Have a great time. I have 2 weeks till my cruise. You can pre-log before you go and keep your logging streak going. Just add a set calorie amount for each day. Cruising is a very active vacation.
  • Vallie1003
    Vallie1003 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 214.6 lbs
    Goal weight:160 lbs
    Current weight:210.6
    Total weight lost:4lbs
    This week's successes: I Joined a 5 weeks boot camp this week.
    This week's challenge: I had some empty calories.
  • bourbonrose
    bourbonrose Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Starting weight: 213 lbs
    Goal weight: 120ish
    Current weight: 207.6

This week’s success: no refined sugar, very few processed foods (pretzels and 21 grain bread, Epic protein bars)
    This week’s challenge: still haven’t found an exercise routine that sings to me. I just need to get my butt to the gym. I’m currently looking into Strong Curves, it looks very intriguing.

Weigh In Wednesdays
    Jan 3: 208.9
    Jan 10: 207.6
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Opps forgot I had joined this group oh well i'm back. I'm in another lose 1 lb and keep it off for 52 weeks same thing. I'll do this one to. Can't have to much support and to be more accountable.

Stating weight Jan. 1st. 209.2
    Goal weight 150
    today Jan. 11th 204.4
    lost 4.8

So I'm doing it.
    Kristen
    Great plan on throwing out cookies. My hubby keeps his junk food in his work shop. I don't want them near me. Further more he's a diabetic also like me. We don't need the junk.

Rebecca
    You need to watch when journaling. You do it fast and it say's 1 cup of something and you read 1. Sure makes a big difference. I've had to review my journal a few times at end of the day when I thought it was to high in calories.

Hopiemama
    Enjoy and don't let your good way of living interfere with your holiday. Enjoy. Pick up when you get back.

Bourbonrose
    I enjoyed curves for the short time it existed it didn't last very long.

Well it's on to another great day.

• daniellemarieeades
    daniellemarieeades Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Starting weight Jan 1st - 207
    Goal weight - 150
    Current weight - 202
    Total weight lost - 5
    Success - I've made every meal from scratch (ridiculous achievement as I don't cook. Or didn't!)
    Challenges - Trying to quit smoking as well, so I'm finding that I really want to snack more