What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This "may" sound like a teeny tiny NSV, but it's huge to me....here it is:

Minding my own business (keeping out of other people's affairs and focus on myself instead)--getting my "own" house (body, etc.) in order and just plain recognizing and backing away from being a "busy body, a gossiper, listening to gossip, offering "advice" (without being asked) and basically, again, allowing or stirring up mess in myself (inside and out)" so to speak--today, and from this day forth, I'll just STOP "worrying" about what other people are doing/saying and again, just do my thing and do it with all of my might". Why? Because it's not good for me nor anyone else, to be "adding my (UNinvited and frankly unwelcomed 2 cents" in to a situation AND more important, no longer allow myself to get "bent out of shape" (so to speak) when people aren't doing/saying/thinking/feeling/being what "I" think they should=YUCK, period. I'm tired of using the "excuse" of "caring about folk" for my reason(s) to open up and welcome negativity and yuck, just getting in my own way. From now on, I'll make it my "business" to simply just mind my own business and study to BE QUIET.

Also, what I'm using as a "measuring stick" for am I minding my own business is I am THINKING before I speak, am I my getting defensive, offended, taking stuff personally, forsake thinking/acting/speaking impulsively and getting angry (and petty) over nothing really. I have the CHOICE to "stop the "madness", so to speak. this is my NSV today YAY!!! o:)<3o:)

I'm not sure why this got flagged unless there's some prior history I don't know about.

I'm not sure either, but your post inspires another NSV for me today, just based on the flags and woo's some beloved mfp folk that tend to "vote" for, not only for my posts, but I see a multitude of posts that get's woo'd or even flagged for reasons known only to the woo-ers and the flag-ers. I say (and mean most earnestly and sincerely) more power to them and I actually thank them, because variety is truly the spice of life and if my posts only get all sweet votes, that's nice--but some sour, bitter, salty, pungent "tastes" (votes) of/from some people make the sweet all the more sweeter to me--BOOM. Taking the "bitter" with the sweet simply makes me more stronger and stronger each and everyday and that will help me achieve my weight-loss goals, because for me, it's more of a "mental/spiritual" mind-set and battle than a physical one. How I think (for me) directly affect/infects/effects the way I eat, sleep and live. So acknowledging the bitter, sour, salty, pungent votes as totally legit AND the most excellent "choice" and freedom of those to express their dear selves as they will, as well as the sweet votes as equally legit makes this quest of a new way of thinking/living/eating/being all the more FUN and COOL (that's my take on it--how I "choose" to look at it). As far as your/this post inspiring me to an NSV for today, here it is:

Today (and from this day forth), I will begin to put the "kibosh" on complaining, period. This is going to be a big ole goal to achieve for me, but thinking about these flags and/or woos makes me see/understand that dog gone it, not everyone is going to agree with me or vote positive with the way I think (here in the mysterious cyber space) and in real life. So what's the use in complaining? What is complaining going to get me? Naw, instead of complaining, I'll be counting the flags and woos ALL JOY. Why? Because I can and will--this empowers me and I LOVE being filled with POWER and TRUTH. No more complaining (well, I'll be watching myself closely when, not if, but when that complaining "spirit" tries to rear it's woeful head in my thoughts--I counter those thoughts immediately with finding SOME kinda good in it, period. I'll tell what complaining has got me in the past--it's FED my natural inclination to be gossiping and backbiting and yuck. What will I replace complaining with? Blessing folk and wishing them the best ever in everything they ask, think, need or feel--loving them (and at the very LEAST, accepting/respecting them and/or their opinions/votes) and hoping they are not hurting and if they are hurting, if they will be healed or at the very least, "feel" better and that sooner than later--Boom--I LOVE that. So THANK you for helping me find an essential KEY in my previous post--YAY YOU!

Anyway, yes I think this is a worthy goal. As the kids say these days, "you do you." Good luck with it.

You, MistressSara, ROCK, period. Thank you so much for the encouragement and you've helped me in more ways than even I know posting this--BOOM! o:)<3o:)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    It’s a newish button that has been evolving. If you look at the face, it looks confused.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!