Foods that you enjoyed but stopped eating

Replies

• emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    One of my biggest cuts was bread as a side dish. I used to make crescents, garlic bread, or biscuits 4-5 nights a week as a side to my dinner, and I think I've only had them twice in the past 6 months.

Pop Tarts, regular soda, nuts, desserts in general, cheese as a snack, pretzels, chips... the list goes on and on. My grocery list has certainly changed!
  • CMS_3049
    CMS_3049 Posts: 20 Member
    Nutella. Because I just can’t stop eating it.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Every now and then I wanted a big greasy burger, but as I normally do I talked myself out of it. Normally after eating a big burger and fries I am full for the moment, but then I still want to eat later in the day. This is what I normally do. However I did order in pizza and wings this weekend and I enjoyed, and still am enjoying it.
  • shenanigans_
    shenanigans_ Posts: 457 Member
    I rarely have toast or cereal for breakfast anymore.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Since Girl Scout Cookie season is upon us.... Samoas.
    I bought 4 boxes and they're just sitting in my cabinet at work.

I thought that I could have one serving but one serving is 2 cookies. I want 2 servings every time, but 2 servings is 300 calories and I can't justify that.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Dont know if its "enjoyed eating" exactly but after 25+ yrs veg I find myself struggling with an addiction to cheeseburgers as comfort food. It started about 3 yrs ago when I began having seizures and somehow meat entered my life. Doing much better now. No meat for several days, already feeling better, less sluggish and, errr, well, stopped up. Finding it hard still to up my protein to decent level but will be back in swing before long. Kinda miss a burger when I'm feeling stressed. Got artisan bread, brown mustard, lots of greens and some portabello n peppers to substitute. One meal at a time I guess.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    edited January 2018
    Foie gras. I just can't bring myself to eat it anymore, on ethical grounds.
  • Wadeeee
    Wadeeee Posts: 70 Member
    Wretched peanut butter. One serving is just not enough and two servings makes me ashamed, LOL...
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    It's a personal choice. I would not get full on one bowl nor is it nutrition I need. And I would eat more than one bowl bc it's sweet and I would like eat the whole box quickly. I would not trust myself with that. But I think if you haven't missed it don't stir the hornets nest bc when I do I regret buying what for me could possibly be a trigger food like chocolate anything. I will eat it all and that is why none resides here
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    doughnuts (home made ones)... used to eat a bunch every time my grandma made them, while they were still warm
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Pasta, cheese, dessert, cereal. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now too.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    Since Girl Scout Cookie season is upon us.... Samoas.
    I bought 4 boxes and they're just sitting in my cabinet at work.

I thought that I could have one serving but one serving is 2 cookies. I want 2 servings every time, but 2 servings is 300 calories and I can't justify that.

The Samoas struggle is real! My one serving is one row, that's like 5-6 cookies. I cannot keep them in my house!

• Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    edited January 2018
    Oh the dreaded Girl Scout Cookies. I can’t do it either. Last year (soon after I started losing) I bought a box of savanah smiles (the lemon ones) they’re lower calorie than the others, but I ate half the box in one sitting and felt awful. Never again... I’d rather just write them a check and save myself the guilt.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I love girl scout cookies. They are only available at certain times here, and I tend to buy them only once a year -- normally when my church lets the girl scouts sell them there after mass -- and I get a couple of boxes of thin mints and a couple of samoas (which are my favorites, but I like both) and then mostly parcel them out. Last year it was during Lent so I waited until after Easter to eat them.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Mellykay88 wrote: »
    Oh the dreaded Girl Scout Cookies. I can’t do it either. Last year (soon after I started losing) I bought a box of savanah smiles (the lemon ones) they’re lower calorie than the others, but I ate half the box in one sitting and felt awful. Never again... I’d rather just write them a check and save myself the guilt.

Actually, you can do this and have them ship the cookies to our soldiers that are posted overseas - this way you get to buy the cookies and feel great about helping at the same time!
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Corn nuts.
  • JillianRumrill
    JillianRumrill Posts: 335 Member
    Pepsi- any soda really, I used to guzzle the stuff, now I'm turned off by it. I think it's the carbonation, makes me choke and bloats me up.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    One of my biggest cuts was bread as a side dish. I used to make crescents, garlic bread, or biscuits 4-5 nights a week as a side to my dinner, and I think I've only had them twice in the past 6 months.

This is something I've also almost given up. I have it very rarely now. Like maybe once or twice a year.
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    So many things. But I don't really miss eating like that, so mindlessly.
  • mbrow784
    mbrow784 Posts: 5 Member
    How did you start getting all the sweets out of your diet in the first place? I am just starting a diet change and am in need of advice on the best course of action to make this work.