JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Yesterday was crap. that's all there is.

JFT 1/24
    log
    stay green
    drink 80
    swim 1000
    knit more

Yesterday was crap (ugh!) but hopefully today will be nothing but roses!!! Hope your day is better. hugs to you.
    peace and joy
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the wonderful welcome back! It makes me feel so loved! Since I am still unemployed(by my choice), once the DH gets out of the house to go to work I am going to attack the second room of my house. This one is by far the worst one of the two. I mean there is still packaging material from Christmas EVERYWHERE! Lol. I also, MIGHT go food shopping. It depends on how I feel after all the cleaning. I'm probably not going to do much exercising, at least not today because I have this terrible kink in my neck that I should probably get looked at. It's been bothering me for two days. I do however have to go out and get some more Ibuprophen for my neck. Lol. We only have migraine stuff at the moment. The DH and I have been having pretty terrible ones over the last week and half. It's been very odd, but I am getting over Strep throat so that might be the cause. Lol. Anyway, onto my list!

JFT, 1/24/18

1. Log all food!
    2. Weigh myself!
    3. Attack, Attack, ATTACK second room
    4. Figure out something for dinner
    5. (Optional) go food shopping

I think that is good for now. Lol. I had a moment just now though. Lol. When writing #5 I had added that I had to find my keys and then about 5 seconds later the DH found them. I had been looking for them all morning...they were right next to my side of the bed. Lol! I looked there too! Lol. My DH is the best!

Anyway, have a great day!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Day 14
    Got all my logging, drinking, exercising, including online lesson and journaling

JFT

I will pre-log as much as possible
    I will ride my stationary bike 5 miles
    I will spend time stretching
    I will complete online lesson plan
    I will journal
    I will drink 6.5 glasses of water before 7pm
    I will quit eating by 8pm (had to give myself a stern talkin' to in order to get out of the kitchen)

Success: Well, not my success...but just have to announce that our first grand is arriving in August---a BOY!

What I am learning:
    "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." CS Lewis

THIS is what I need to have plastered everywhere! I am changing my ending!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I need to:
    1) stop getting so wound up by work. At the end of the day, it's a job, that I'm planning to leave by the end of the year (NY resolution!). It's not my life.
    2) put boundaries in place. No more leaving late to get stuff done. If stuff isn't done, *kitten* it!

Wow, your post really struck a chord with me today. Last week, when I was stressing at work, I mentioned to my office-mate that I needed to get over the crap, when I was dead none of this would matter. His response? "When you're dead? Try the end of the work-day!" And he was right, lol. Don't let work rule your life (lesson learned the hard way, says she). (((Hugs))) to you.

When I read your comments, it brought back how stressed and sick I was getting last year over work. I'm glad to see you both putting work in perspective. (((HUGS)))
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    What I am learning:
    "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." CS Lewis

This is great! I am going to write this down and refer to it often! Thanks for sharing. :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Wow! 64 posts behind! I'm all caught up now. I'm so happy to see some returning faces and new faces! This group is growing and there is so much optimism and support. Love it!

Today is Day 2 of being home sick with the stomach flu. I hate that i called into work two days in a row in a new job. It makes me scared that I'm going to lose it. I'm still on my 90-day probationary period, which I haven't had to deal with in many, many years since my last job lasted almost 24 years!

This afternoon, my stomach is settling down but my head still aches like a migraine. I feel like I should go downstairs and get some exercise, especially since I've been down on the couch since Monday night, but I need to rest so I can go back to work tomorrow.

Just for Wednesday:
    • Drink lots of decaf fluids
    • No processed foods today--perhaps tomorrow, but not today!
    • Read next chapter of Simple Abundance, Soulful Simplicity and Beck's Diet Solution
    • Watch/Read first lesson of Body Groove program
    • Meditate and listen to podcasts
    • Complete at least one item on my "This week..." list
    • Bed by 9:00 and gratitude journal first. Sleeo early because I've been home sick for a few days
    • Do not hit Snooze button tomorrow morning

This week, I will:
    • Color my hair
    • Declutter one space (cupboard, drawer, closet, shelf, desk, bar area in basement) :)Decluttered spice cabinet, baking cupboard and shelf in cupboard by stove.
    • Update my bullet journal's to-do list
    • Pay bills
    • Meal Plan dinners for week :)Beef roast, venison tenderloin, salmon, chicken.
    • Find one new crockpot recipe to make this week
    • Set up sewing area and continue working on baby quilt *Priority*

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options

I am looking forward to reading of your successful DAY! JFT, you've got this!
    Peace and joy

Thank you so much for this ---- all day I thought of your post, and thought, I can't NOT have happy faces tomorrow!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Wow! 64 posts behind! I'm all caught up now. I'm so happy to see some returning faces and new faces! This group is growing and there is so much optimism and support. Love it!

Today is Day 2 of being home sick with the stomach flu. I hate that i called into work two days in a row in a new job. It makes me scared that I'm going to lose it. I'm still on my 90-day probationary period, which I haven't had to deal with in many, many years since my last job lasted almost 24 years!

This afternoon, my stomach is settling down but my head still aches like a migraine. I feel like I should go downstairs and get some exercise, especially since I've been down on the couch since Monday night, but I need to rest so I can go back to work tomorrow.
    I'm so sorry you have the stomach flu! I had it a few weeks ago and I'm just now getting over a bout of strep throat. It's been a terrible sickness winter! I think it's because the weather is so funky in NJ this season! Two weeks ago the temps were in the single digits and then yesterday it was 62F! Today it was around 45F and tomorrow it's supposed to below freezing again! It's really annoying because you never know what's going to happen.

But I'm glad your stomach seems to have settled down! Take it easy again, and I think your job should be grateful that you're not at work spreading the sickness around! I know I wouldnt be happy if one of my employees or coworkers was at work with the stomach bug!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Gosh so much sickness and stress around but everybody hanging in there working hard and supporting each other. T

I had a very very long day today - up at 4am, got back from work at 7pm and had completely forgotten I had invited a friend over for a coffee who has been having a hard time. So was straight into being a listening ear for her. Feel a bit drained now but glad I was there.

Recap 24/1:

- exercise before kids get up ✅
    - 2ltr + water ✅
    - 12k + steps ✅
    - One snack only during planning time in the afternoon: not quite but two carrots as an extra are nothing to stress about!
    - Write the presentation ✅ yay yay!
    - 2 calls re kids’ bday parties ✅
    - Call doc re youngest child ✅
    - Chase dishwasher repair quote ✅
    - Early night! Not early enough but still should get in around 5 hours’ sleep hopefully.

Very pleased to have managed all the ticks. Hoping to manage similar for tomorrow but will NOT let myself feel bad if I don’t do as well:

Goals for 25/1:

- exercise before kids wake up
    - 15k+ steps
    - 2ltr + water
    - Print amazon returns label
    - Get eyebrows threaded
    - Arrange parent meeting
    - Finalist assembly prep
    - Pay curtains remainder
    - Email my childrens’ school re contact numbers

Wishing everyone wellness and happiness - and not just for today ;-)
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT WEDNESDAY RECORD
    1. Stick to calorie goal :)
    2. Do metafit class :)
    3. Walk 10,000 steps (this is going to be a challenge in the stormy Scottish weather today!) :( - I knew it!

I’m feeling properly better. Back to the exercise...

JFT THURSDAY GOALS
    1. Stick to calorie goal
    2. Do yoga class
  • toaljasa
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

I am looking forward to reading of your successful DAY! JFT, you've got this!
    Peace and joy

Thank you so much for this ---- all day I thought of your post, and thought, I can't NOT have happy faces tomorrow!

Oh good! I was hoping it would spur you on! And naturally, because I put that out there for you I am making sure I'm getting mine done as well! So we are both going to have knocked our goals out of the ballpark!
    peace and joy
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Work early :)
    3. Short studio time :)
    4. Get ready for Wednesday :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Satellite group :)
    3. Hair cut :) Tried a new stylist my stylist daughter recommended.
    4. Groceries :)
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Finish quilt, take picture/document, post
    3. Call Mom
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So I think I may have overdone it a bit today. I'm incredibly proud of myself for all the work I did. There's even food in the crockpot for when the DH gets home late tonight! Buuut now my back hurts. Lol. It was waaay more work then I have done since October! And my house is full of garbage bags(sorry if that's a little too much information. Lol). My dad is being a saint tomorrow though. He's finally installing the doorknob for our bathroom and filling up the bac of his truck with my garbage bags and taking them to the dump for me. Lol. He has a special decal on his truck that lets him get in for free and the dump is only about a five minute drive. He's being wonderful. I think I might do something special for him because he's so awesome! I think I mentioned the neck pain I've been having the past two days. Well it seems to have gone away. I took something for it around 12 pm and it still doesnt hurt. Usually OTC pain stuff wears off in about 3-4 hours for me and it's been 6 already. I really hope it's gone. It's been pretty dibilitating. I hope everyone is having a great evening. Mine has quieted down now. No more cleaning for me, except the dishes after dinner. I need to get back into the habit of doing the dishes before I go to bed every night! It's getting pretty ridiculous! Lol.

I did some more jetwashing in the garden today. So much filth everywhere but I’ve very nearly finished!!!

But as it was the worst part of the garden the dirt was caked on so I was bent over slightly whilst doing it and my god, my butt muscles ache, my thighs ache and my back! And I’ve set off the sciatic nerve lol! So I’ll randomly shout “ahhh” when walking around and my twinges lol!

So I’ve done too much today too! It was only 1 and a half hours too!

Well it turns out that my neck isnt better. Lol. After all the work I did today, by 630 I was done for and ended up taking a nap. Now the problem with my naps is that I can never just sleep for the allotted time I've given myself. I was only going to sleep for an hour. I ended up sleeping for almost 3! I just kept hitting the snooze button on my phone! And of course I woke up to severe neck pain again! But at least my back isnt too bad at the moment. I just hope I can sleep tonight! Lol. The DH is about to walk through the door from work and I have dinner set up so hopefully I can be in bed by midnight(it's currently 10:17pm) Lol.
  • mytime6630
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JFT, Wed
    1. I know I'll feel awful tomorrow because of what I ate on tues ..... but today is a new day. Healthy, sit-down meals :):) I ate more for breakfast then I had planned, so hubby sits down to eat lunch. I say, I not really hungry and wanted to keep working, and he told me to eat something anyhow, otherwise I'll just be hungry later and snack. He is so right (one time he is right LOL!). So I sat down, and a nice lunch (very light lunch, but still a lunch), and I did so much better than yesterday. Lesson learned ..... don't skip meals because for me, it leads to mindless grazing all day!
    2. sit down and eat each meal .... no grabbing food to eat at my computer while working. Take the break :)
    3. taking a day off from the gym because my legs still are sore (I am now up to 10 minutes on the "stair master" machine --- did 25 floors!) But hard to do anything else. So taking a day off :) Slept in today --- felt wonderful! But don't want this to become a habit
    4. remember my red cup, and concentrate on drinking water :)
    5. TRY to finish up taxes so we can take to our accountant next week :s:) We are almost finished YAH!! Hope to take stuff into the accountant next week!
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

Thank you @toaljasa for holding me accountable!! I thought of your post all day -- can't let you down! And to keep from eating --- cleaned out hubbys side of the closet!!

JFT, THursday
    1. go to the gym. No excuses
    2. log ALL food
    3. drink water - remember what that red cup is for
    4. read 1 chapter in the new book I bought today -- about emotional eating! I KNOW this is what I do .... need to overcome this!
    5. work on business taxes .... hopefully will be able to finish tomorrow. Don't divorce hubby ;) (We both hate doing our taxes... so I'm in a grumpy mood, and so is he!)
    6. try out my new indoor grill with a new recipe -- trying to get more protein, so we are hoping this will help me find more ways to "grill" during these cold months
    7. go outside and get some vitamin D -- suppose to be in the 60s!!!
    8. work on quilt
    9. declutter something - try for my side of the closet
    9. get back on here - be accountable
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    Options
    4am! Guess who’s being sick again :(

Seriously considering just not eating anymore. Fed up of eating meals knowing that it won’t digest.
    Couldn’t get a GP appt today but scan and consultant at 3.30pm so will ask them then.
    I’m just so tired and worried baby isn’t getting enough :(
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Seriously considering just not eating anymore. Fed up of eating meals knowing that it won’t digest.
    Couldn’t get a GP appt today but scan and consultant at 3.30pm so will ask them then.

Aww, Bex! I'm so sorry! Hopefully, they can figure out a way for you to keep something down! It must be scary! I'll keep you and the little nugget in my prayers! Feel better soon love!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I actually almost forgot to eat today! I spent so long the last few months not eating anything at proper times or anything and just not eating all that much, that 4pm rolled around and I realized that all I had all day was a half a cup of coffee and a 32oz bottle of water. There was nothing in my house to eat either so I ended up running out and getting a salad. It wasnt too bad eating so late because I knew that dinner was going to be late. In fact we didnt eat until 1030 pm! But now it's all been eaten and cleaned up(Yay!). I'm gonna have to go food shopping tomorrow, because there is literally almost nothing in this house and the stuff that is here is in no way healthy! Lol. Got to stock up on my healthy stuff again!

I hope everyone has a great night! I'll see everyone in the morning! I think it's time to hunker down and hit the hay!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Oh no Bex!! Can you try "drinking" your meals -- like high protein shakes or something?