Replies

• dalexondria
    dalexondria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job !!!! Thats Amazing
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and whomever said you look younger now is right. Wow!
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    You look amazing; congrats!! Did you follow any specific diet plan or exercise program?
  • KTeaKat
    KTeaKat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I need to lose about 100 lbs. and seeing your post helps me know I can do it. You did great!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You worked hard and it shows
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring!
  • 2annabelle64
    2annabelle64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! In your current photo you are absolutely glowing...and you look like a teenager or young adult!
  • robertaboone100
    robertaboone100 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! You have done a great job. I think you will an inspiration for others.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You did it. You took control of your life, health, and conquered the addiction of junk food You made the lasting connection of food for fuel. you're amazing!...and you look amazing. Cheers to you and your happy healthy life.
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm amazed! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look like a whole different person with a lot more energy, younger, strong and confident! What a beautiful transformation! I'm curious to know how you were able to keep up with it and stay committed - both for changing your food and your exercise? Really amazing! Again, Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • KRTrenkamp
    KRTrenkamp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look amazing; congrats!! Did you follow any specific diet plan or exercise program?

I'm not on any specific diet. I'm not really into the diets like weight watchers or anything similar. I just kind of dictate my own diet. I've looked at the kind of nutrients and vitamins that my body needs to function and just stick with that and steer clear of junk foods.

As for exercise, I do a lot of cardio and honestly, I should be doing more strength but I'm trying to extend my endurance and stamina to do longer runs. I really enjoy doing 5K races because not only are they good exercises, but you can find some really fun ones. I did one called the Bubble Run where you run through some bubble bogs and I'm going to be doing a Zombie 5K next month which I anticipate being a blast.
  • heather4life4
    heather4life4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is inspiring! You look great!
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    Honestly, I'm amazed! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look like a whole different person with a lot more energy, younger, strong and confident! What a beautiful transformation! I'm curious to know how you were able to keep up with it and stay committed - both for changing your food and your exercise? Really amazing! Again, Congratulations!!!!!!!

There were a couple of things that gave me the strength to learn self-control. The biggest thing was having a good support system. Honestly, if my dad hadn't invited me to do my first 5K with him and several more after that then I don't think I would have been able to do it. It gave us something we can do together and it kind of became addicting to collect the medals. My favorite one that I have is the 2017 5K on the Runway medal I got while on a trip to Tampa, FL. That was a very fun race.

My mom was also really supportive and for the most part, would try to make healthier dinners for when I come over for dinner once a week.

After my weight loss started becoming more noticeable, people started complimenting me and it really encouraged me and gave me more confidence than before.

I was really challenged last year in February when my grandfather decided he was done with chemo and ready to pass on. I really wanted to revert to my old self and dig into some of my favorite comfort foods but instead, I made myself learn how to cope in healthier ways like going to the gym and exercising until I was too tired to think about getting food.

Another thing that really helped was just keeping all the junk out of the home. I wouldn't even consider buying the junk food I used to love before I changed my diet and I still don't. If it's something I think I'd be tempted to eat too much of then I don't get it. Also, portioning out snacks and foods before you eat it has really helped. For example, if I get a bag of low sodium, air-popped popcorn then I will measure out all the portions into ziploc bags so that when I decide to have it as a snack I won't overdo it. Portion control is a big part of being healthier.
  • thejerrapist
    thejerrapist Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Such great advice throughout. You look fantastic and truly and inspiration to me. I am a mom of two and struggling to lose my baby weight from my first son, 6 years ago, while raising two boys and a boyfriend who all eat like monsters. I hope I can stay as dedicated this year as you did last year, and continue to do. The last time I lost weight, before my second son, I ran every day and dropped 40 pounds in a year. I'm hoping to get back on that track. Are there any other exercise routines you like, apart from running?
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    Such great advice throughout. You look fantastic and truly and inspiration to me. I am a mom of two and struggling to lose my baby weight from my first son, 6 years ago, while raising two boys and a boyfriend who all eat like monsters. I hope I can stay as dedicated this year as you did last year, and continue to do. The last time I lost weight, before my second son, I ran every day and dropped 40 pounds in a year. I'm hoping to get back on that track. Are there any other exercise routines you like, apart from running?

Hi!

Besides running, I do also enjoy Yoga. I haven't done very much of it but I do enjoy doing it from time to time, especially when it's cold out and I just don't want to leave the house. There's a youtube channel called 'Yoga with Adrienne' that I really like. She's got a lot of good videos on there including beginner videos and a 30-day yoga challenge.

At the moment I'm dealing with a minor medical issue where I'm unable to exercise every single day but once I can I plan on taking on the 30-day yoga challenge. Because I hope to make Yoga a part of my regular routine.

One particular yoga move I enjoy is the yogi bicycles, also known as bicycle crunches because it's a move that really works the lower belly, which is kinda where what's left of what I have to lose is sitting now.

I'm also hoping to get into biking as transportation once spring comes around. So when I go to the gym I also try to do some more of the stationary bike as well.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference great job
  • CTJGIRL
    CTJGIRL Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Congratulations!
  • judefit18
    judefit18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are remarkable!!!!
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That’s incredible :) I also only have 25-30 pounds to lose left. The bulk of my weight loss happened last year and I’ve just started this app to help me lose the last bit of weight left to lose in 2018.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    KRTrenkamp wrote: »
    So, I'm just delving into the community side of MyFitnessPal so this is probably a bit overdue. But throughout 2017 I worked on losing weight and exercising more and it was a huge success! I crushed my original goal of losing 120 pounds and actually lost 144 pounds!

While I still have a bit to go (I recently discussed what weight I should be at with my doctor, only about 22-25 more pounds to lose!) I'm overjoyed with my weight loss and very happy and proud. I look back at old photos and am still amazed at how much better I look. I recently got a comment that I look younger than I did before!

I hope I can help inspire others to keep striving to lose the weight they want to lose. I know how hard it is and the struggle is a tough one. Good luck and happy journeys!

6noefkffo4tj.jpg

Brilliant love! Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!