Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean Fish Stew over brown rice.

No "recipe" to quote. This is similar, but different, each time I prep it.

Tonight: Saute onion (1lg white), green peppers (2), celery (4 stalks), garlic (to taste) to soften. Add can tomato sauce (8oz), can crushed tomatoes with liquid (28oz); I use Hunts No-Salt versions. White wine to taste (4oz). Chopped black olives to taste. Herbs to taste (I used Litehouse Italian dried herbs, dried parsley, dried basil, crushed red pepper flakes). Salt/pepper to taste (I used no salt). Cover. Medium-high heat for 15 minutes to come together. Add fish pieces (tonight a mix of fresh cod and flounder, 1.8lbs). Cook on medium, covered, 15-20+ minutes until fish is cooked through and flakey. Serve. As a "stew" in a bowl by itself, or over brown rice, couscous or whatever.

I'm going to make an MFP recipe for this mix, but, exclusive of the carb, you can see this is a protein and veg dish. With a little wine, LOL.

q1fieecz76as.jpg

j52kdna80prt.jpg

• leggman17
    leggman17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    healthy choice entree and Progreso lite soup. bleh.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    leggman17 wrote: »
    healthy choice entree and Progreso lite soup. bleh.

The less 'bleh', the more likely you are to succeed at this. Mine is intensely 'bleh', but then so is my personality.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Tonite I had:
    3c baby spinach
    1c romaine
    1\2 orange bell pepper
    lg carrot, grated
    2tsp olive oil
    2Tbl lemon juice
    1\8 tsp black pepper/chipotle blend
    1\8 tsp onion powder
    2 x 4 square if Aunt Jemima corn bread, whole milk prep
    1\2 c drained pinto beans,drained, homemade, cooked with pork stock

for dessert
    1\2 ca dark chocolate pudding
    1\4 square cannabis brownie

I stll have enough calories, and carbs for milk later with my meds but will be over my sugar by several grm
  • tomasart
    tomasart Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    so far just yogurt. me hungry!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Panera soba noodle bowl w/ chicken and bread on the side.
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have some sausages, but I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet. Maybe a casserole, with sweet potato and carrots!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm making a Thai Chicken curry with basmati rice. for the family.

I use 2 dessert spoonfuls of Red Dragon Red thai curry paste, half a can of coconut milk (serves 4), brown chicken, onion, mushroom and peppers, add the paste/milk and simmer. Its delicious, takes around 30 mins til its ready and comes in a 551 cals.
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Homemade egg drop soup with wonton strips and a big (air fryer) egg roll with soy sauce and a 100 calorie snickers for dessert.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am making homemade pizzas with shrimp, homemade pesto, artichokes, garlic and mozzarella. I am really looking forward to this one!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A modified and simplified (spinach, lime juice from a bottle, ground chicken, no coconut flakes) version of this: Trinidadian Chicken Curry with Coconut Grits & Collard Greens Heaven on earth :D
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I am doing a spin on mexican lasagna: I'm pureeing tofu with diced jalapenos, lemon juice, and garlic, then layering it with corn tortillas, boca crumbles, taco seasoning, black beans, diced bell peppers and red onions, and jarred salsa, then topping it with olives.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A modified and simplified (spinach, lime juice from a bottle, ground chicken, no coconut flakes) version of this: Trinidadian Chicken Curry with Coconut Grits & Collard Greens Heaven on earth :D

That sounds amazing. Do you have a recipe or list of ingredients, or did you just wing it from the description? I have never thought of making grits with coconut milk but that sounds delicious!

ETA:Never mind. I just didn't scroll down far enough!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Friday is usually clean-out-the-fridge night to prepare for weekend grocery shopping and cooking, so tonight I'm having shredded cabbage, tomatillo-poblano white beans, cilantro-cucumber salad, and an apple. Oh, and probably a Manhattan.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Mini (muffin tin) Cheeseburger Meatloaf, salad and oven fries :). Super kid friendly and yummy too!
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Roasted half an acorn squash. About 3/4 thru I stuffed it with 1/2c leftover cornbread crumbled with 2 chopped hot n spicy soysauge patties. Sprinkled with veggie stock and finished roast. Had it with grande Starbucks Very Berry Hibiscus tea, no adds. Still have tea left.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Smashburger buffalo and blue cheese grilled chicken sandwich, sharing fries and fried pickles.
  • refugeefromkekistan
    Options
    Piping hot steel cut oats with protein powder, almond butter, blueberries, greek yogourt, ground flax and a few peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips that melt in... mmm easily one of my favourite meals.
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Jonna13 wrote: »
    Mini (muffin tin) Cheeseburger Meatloaf, salad and oven fries :). Super kid friendly and yummy too!

That sounds delicious!!!