JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,093 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Be good to yourself. What on earth are you doing washing the yard down when you're this far along and not feeling well? (((((Bex)))))

The yard was soooo filthy. And there’s something really satisfying about blasting dirt off stuff haha

I’ve done a before and after pic and the result is so satisfying and calming. Like all the dirt was making me on edge!!

I know I moan about being ill, and I do feel rotten half the time. But if I feel I can do something still I’ll still do it. Because I hate being restricted of what I need to do because then I just have to do it another day and another day and then after a while im backed up in odd jobs I don’t know where to start!

Plus I think I’d do a better job than my OH. I certainly have a lot more patience and will get every last bit off lol!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Bex953172 I get it. I worry about all that poopy spray :s affecting you though. I'm glad it's satisfying.
    @joan6630 Beautiful work! Whatever you do I'd be careful about having any thing colourful right up against the cornerstones. They might blend right into the colourful border. What if you put a white border, maybe 5" and then something like horizontal flying geese or HSTs at the edge? Or even Prairie points?
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Saturday

3. log all food :):/ Only reason there is a happy face is because I owned up to it and logged it all.. Yes .... all 2100 calories today! Emotional, stress eating

After a horrible evening of giving in, tomorrow is a new day
    JFT, SUnday
    1. go to the gym - no excuses
    2. drink water
    3. think before I eat. Am I hungry, or just stressed, emotional
    4. log all food
    5. get back on here - be accountable

Okay, this is fantastic. You are being honest with yourself....and this only encourages others on this board to do the same. We are holding on to your coattails!

You left something off your list---REST and RECHARGE!!!
    Alright, lady, I usually don't exercise on Sundays, but tomorrow we are going to hold each other accountable! I ate nothing but carbs today...so I really need this. You've got this water thing down...red means drink! Let's eat WELL, okay? We are going to stay in our calorie counts and we are going to have lots of smiley faces on our post! (yeah, well, I'm not a smiley face person, BUT I WILL BE FOR TOMORROW'S jft!!!)
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    JFT Saturday
    2. Water :)
    3. Call Mark, write note/card, package quilt for mailing on Monday :) , :/ , :/
    4. Dinner at Subway :)
    5. Research previous idea for storage containers made of fabric :) Used the cut off legs and pockets from hubby's destroyed pants and some spare upholstery fabric. There's enough for three more bins.
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Write note/card, package quilt
    3. Groceries
    4. Work? I've caught hubby's cold so we'll see. I don't feel bad but I seem to have laryngitis and I'd like to avoid getting my coworkers and the public sick too.
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • bcTRAI
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @joan6630 When I had my first baby I wanted 6 or 7. As I have often said "and God heard and laughed and said 'oh yeah?' ". So I ended up with 2, 9 years apart, both with psychiatric disorders. I really dislike it when people say you're never given more than you can handle. I'd like to think that my kids were delivered into the arms of someone who was willing to fight for them. I believe my job was to raise them to the best of my ability to be as healthy and happy as possible. That really does not mean I enjoyed it a lot of the time but my kids and I are finally good friends and yes the issues are still there. Today, after my phonecall with my brother I realized I did a pretty decent job. Not everyone can, or at least should, say that.
    So. .. the long and short of that is, you're not alone. You'll come through this one too.
    Sweet dreams.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    JFT Sun
    Be mindful
    clean off my desk
    taxes
    cook
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,220 Member
    Options
    5. Research previous idea for storage containers made of fabric :) Used the cut off legs and pockets from hubby's destroyed pants and some spare upholstery fabric. There's enough for three more bins.

Is this the kind of fabric containers you are looking for? Ive made several of these - they go together really fast. They don't hold much though ... so not sure if this is something like what you are researching?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2QaBrQJ8II
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Recap
    Just for Saturday, Jan 27
    Up by 8 -Try 430
    Get everything organized for the day
    - laundry in car :)
    -snack and lunch packed :)
    - stuff to get ready at gym after workout :)
    - chargers :)
    Trainer at 10 :D
    Meeting :)
    Pick up girls and go to my mom's :)
    Do laundry at Mom's :)
    Treadmill at Mom's - This was a disaster. Her treadmill is a death trap. Still made 1 mile
    Stay green - No because I was up so late coming from my mom's that I had to eat again. Still under if you count exercise calories
    Get my steps. :)
    Get the dishes done!!! :)
    Bedtime routine - Not gonna happen
    Bed by 11 - It's already 1145, so no

JFT Sunday
    Wake up by 9
    Make kids a real breakfast
    Emily's game at 130
    Slow walk or light yoga (it's my "rest" day
    Get in steps
    Stay in the green
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT SATURDAY RECORD
    1. Stick to calorie goal :)
    2. Do yoga class :)
    3. Walk dogs :) (short walk in the rain which my lovely whippets hate)

JFT SUNDAY GOALS
    1. Stick to calorie goal
    2. Do fitness class
    3. Do yoga class
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @joan6630 I have a few of those but no. My hubby destroyed a pair of his dress pants. They weren't repairable or donatable and I couldn't bring myself to just throw them out. So I made them into 4 little baskets/bags that I can either give or sell. All I had to throw out was the front of the body. I just couldn't remember where I put my idea. ;) Thanks though.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Well, it happened again. I've been up since 5:45. And I still didn't sleep well! Although I think I might have dreamed waking up a few times, which is a little strange. Lol. But my DH isn't feeling well so he took some cold medicine before bed and is now snoring away. Lucky duck! Lol. The melatonin helped me get to sleep pretty fast and I'm really rested, I just wish I could have slept longer. Before my return, I used to sleep for like 10-11 hours and I would go to bed at like 1 am so I was getting up around 12. I hated it because I felt like the whole day was ruined(even though I didn't really do much anyway.) But now I go to bed around 1030 and still wake up at 545. I think I am going to take some advice and buy a little reading light and see if that helps so that I can read before bed. We'll see if that helps.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that today my DH and I have been together for 5 years! So I'm making him his favorite dessert which is suuuuper high in calories. I'm going to have a small slice but it's going to kill my calorie intake unless I do some serious work at the gym. Lol. But he's worth it and the pie is really yummy so I'm not going to deprive myself of it. I would feel weird if he ate it and I didn't. Plus...I just want to. Lol. But yay 5 years! The time has flown by!

Wooo! Congratulations! Hey, enjoy the pie. But use that as a reason to go to the gym and work seriously - not that you HAVE to trade off. But you know that working hard at the gym is a good thing in general. And if you can use the pie to get you there, it's a double win!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Saturday, 1/27/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :/ Only made it to 7.
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Go for a walk :)

JFT (Sunday, 1/28/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Groceries :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I have a question! To those of you who go to the gym regularly, do you go when you're really sore or do you take a rest day? I went yesterday and I used muscles I haven't used in a long time so I'm really sore. Would you suggest going or staying home?
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    Recap Sat. 1/27
    1) Temps upper 30s, sunny & windy, ice mostly gone from neighborhood roads, so walk dog...she'll be in heaven = walked dog 3.27 miles 56:56 / happy dog & happy me B)
    2) Update weekly weigh-in post = done :smiley:
    3) Make new recipe for supper that couldn't the other night = done, recipe is a keeper although I will tweak it :smiley:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/katie-lee/chicken-and-broccoli-twice-baked-spaghetti-squash-4607632
    4) Bake hubby's bday cake...I always bake recipe from Hershey's cocoa tin, every year since 1996 = done :smiley:<3
    5) Net calories green / >10c water = Net calories & sodium barely green, fiber & protein slightly low, sugar red & 14c water :smile:

JFT Sunday 1/28
    1) Bible class & church = done :smiley:
    2) Write out hubby's bday cards (how did I forget?) / have funny and sweet = done <3:smiley:
    3) Frost cake (1/2 recipe since baked in cake pan, not layers)
    4) Make family spaghetti sauce recipe...hubby's favorite, his bday tradition since first year we dated
    5) Be sweet to hubby all day...this will test me
    6) Maybe walk dog...temps back to normal in 20s, cloudy & breezy, may skip
    7) Floss & retainers (have been bad at this this weekend) / bed & TV 10:15