What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• wifey826
    wifey826 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AMC110 wrote: »
    wifey826 wrote: »
    Yup. I'm right there with you. I am in the 18-20 range. 20's are loose, and 18's are very snug (of course, I buy everything stretchy, so maybe I'm still really just a 20? BOO!) I have worn elastic pants for so long, I don't even know how pants should fit on me.

If I can pull a pair of jeans up and down over my hips without unzipping first, Is that my true size? Ugh. This is the part I didn't expect. Not knowing how clothes are really meant to fit causes an unnecessary amount of time at the store! Meh.....

I think that means they're too big, of course I'm still in the elastic waist phase so who am I to say lol

Well, then it looks like I have to do even more shopping. NOO!!
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have cheekbones!!! And they are high af.

Also, I don’t care what people say, I now believe that leggings are pants...mainly because my booty deserves to be flaunted.

Hahaha love this. But question: because of my apple shape (and therefore relatively skinny legs) I've basically always worn leggings as pants, albeit with a shirt that covers at least to my butt. Is wearing leggings as pants 'for real' different, like with a normal-length shirt? Like, is the booty an integral part of the process or can I also be in the leggings-are-pants club?
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    AMC110 wrote: »
    wifey826 wrote: »
    Yup. I'm right there with you. I am in the 18-20 range. 20's are loose, and 18's are very snug (of course, I buy everything stretchy, so maybe I'm still really just a 20? BOO!) I have worn elastic pants for so long, I don't even know how pants should fit on me.

If I can pull a pair of jeans up and down over my hips without unzipping first, Is that my true size? Ugh. This is the part I didn't expect. Not knowing how clothes are really meant to fit causes an unnecessary amount of time at the store! Meh.....

I think that means they're too big, of course I'm still in the elastic waist phase so who am I to say lol

Jeans vary so much in cut and style. And really there's no effective industry standard anymore. So saying "I'm a size 22" or "12" or "-5" is really not terribly useful. Body measurements are more accurate.

My general advice is if you can pull on a pair of (non-elastic waist) pants without unbuttoning them first, they are probably too big. But saying that, I have a few pairs that I keep around because they do pass the "do they look OK" test. That's what belts are good for.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!