What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    glennagael wrote: »
    That when I'm regularly exercising I crave sugar less.

The last couple months have been the busiest of the year, with 14 hour shifts. Work involves an easy 10k steps, and lifting several pounds periodically, so I haven't felt bad leaving workouts by the wayside. I have, however, felt bad. Cranky, irritable, exhausted, and most of all, I have been craving all the sweets. All of them. When I'm at the bakery I've been fiending hard for broken cookies, cake samples, the occasional mini cream puff. I'd been taking sugar in my coffee, which I never do.

Started up workouts again on Monday and realized that in those two days, nothing at the bakery was even remotely tempting. Not one bite. I've been wanting my good old black coffee. I sat down with Halo Top last night expecting to feast on the whole pint and my sweet tooth maxed out at the 1/2 cup portion. I did want a rich chocolate coconut macaroon that's barely sweetened and made with dark dark cocoa and coconut, and what I wanted especially was the coconut. Whatever my body was craving in sweets, it seems to be getting in exercise, and what it wants in food is something totally else. The habits of 3 months were usurped in less than three days. Weird!

This bodes well since tomorrow starts my 2nd round of Whole30!

How different people are! I don't find myself eating sweets daily, but when I do I notice it usually coincides with higher activity days more often than not.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    glennagael wrote: »
    That when I'm regularly exercising I crave sugar less.

The last couple months have been the busiest of the year, with 14 hour shifts. Work involves an easy 10k steps, and lifting several pounds periodically, so I haven't felt bad leaving workouts by the wayside. I have, however, felt bad. Cranky, irritable, exhausted, and most of all, I have been craving all the sweets. All of them. When I'm at the bakery I've been fiending hard for broken cookies, cake samples, the occasional mini cream puff. I'd been taking sugar in my coffee, which I never do.

Started up workouts again on Monday and realized that in those two days, nothing at the bakery was even remotely tempting. Not one bite. I've been wanting my good old black coffee. I sat down with Halo Top last night expecting to feast on the whole pint and my sweet tooth maxed out at the 1/2 cup portion. I did want a rich chocolate coconut macaroon that's barely sweetened and made with dark dark cocoa and coconut, and what I wanted especially was the coconut. Whatever my body was craving in sweets, it seems to be getting in exercise, and what it wants in food is something totally else. The habits of 3 months were usurped in less than three days. Weird!

This bodes well since tomorrow starts my 2nd round of Whole30!

How different people are! I don't find myself eating sweets daily, but when I do I notice it usually coincides with higher activity days more often than not.

Iv never wanted icecream or donuts mroe thn after lifting. Unfortunatly for me im a mover LOL

I didn't crave sweets as much until I lost weight. Before I lost weight I was one of the people that would scrape frosting off cakes, now I would like a bowl of frosting with the cake. Doesn't seem right.

100% the smaller i got the more i loved sugar....id used to eat savory and now its baked goods ALL THE WAY. Now i want cookies :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!