Power 90...Who's With Me?

Options

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I found out that a friend of mine started P90X with her husband a couple of weeks ago. Her husband is a paramedic with the fire department, and I guess there's a bunch of guys he works with that are doing the program, too. It's nice to have someone face-to-face that is hurting as much as I am:bigsmile: .
  • Grrowler
    Options
    I'm getting ready to leave on a 10hr road trip tomorrow night. Need advice on how to stick to the workouts on the road and how to keep up on healthy-ish eating.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Sculpt 3+4 this morning.

I got notification from Beachbody that I should receive my P90X Saturday 14th or Monday 16th. YAHOO!!! I'm psyched to move on to a more challenging workout.

Have a great day.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Well I am back and ready to go!

I just finished Ab Ripper 200 and Sweat 3-4. It feels so awesome to actually be able to workout without having a headache! I have been headache free for almost a week!

I felt great doing my workout this morning actually missed it. I did more of the video then I have been which feels great! I am so happy that the problem is fixed and now I can move on and start feeling good again.

My wonderful friend Jen(huskeymom) found Polar F6 heart rate monitors for us so we should have them this week. I can't wait to get mine to see how many calories I am actually burning while exercising. I do have a general idea from my fitness pal.

Jen and I's bday party was a lot of fun! I did a lot of dancing and with that came a lot of sweating(wish I had my heart rate monitor for that lol).

Jen and I also got our makeup done and wow Jen looks AWESOME!!! Not that she doesnt normaly but she doesnt wear much makeup and it was so nice to see her all glammed up! It was her day and she went all out!

Well off to the shower and for my protein shake.

Glad to be back and have a great day everyone!
    Jenn
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I just finished my workouts! As you know, this is Recovery Week... So tonight I did Chalean Extreme "I've Got Abs" and P90X Kenpo X! They were both so AWESOME! I feel AMAZING right now!!! Tomorrow I am doing 1 on 1 Road Warrior!

Well, I have to go take a shower cause there is not one dry spot on me!!! Then dinner. I will be back alittle later!

Tena
  • natashak
    Options
    hey all..my cousin just bought p90 x for the house, since we are all on this diet thing. Where should I start with it? I think im starting this friday. Let me know!!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    I had Kenpo last night, and had a blast... By the end of it, I wanted to start it over again, it went by so fast!!! Today is my rest/stretch day, but I have coed volleyball tonight for a couple of hours... I don't want to skip it, but I also don't want to get laughed at because my legs are soooooooo sore!!! Oh well!!! It was well worth it!!!:tongue:
  • djandsamsmom
    Options
    Hi there I am on day 13 of my Power 90 and still workout daily at lunch on the treadmill today i did a circuit and actually ran 7.2 for a good minute twice!!!!
    Then I came home and after getting the kids in bed did the Sculpt 1-2 and am heading to bed.
    Had a great time on Saturday night although showed my age when a migraine got in the way of me boogying the night away. Sorry Jenn. By the way you look AWESOME!!!!! Need to put a pic of Saturday up here for you if I had one :(
    Have a good Tuesday everyone!!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    Well,, I played my volleyball tonight, and it was actually a let-down... Usually things are pretty high paced, and very competitive... Especially because we play against men and women, and it's on a men's height net. Today everyone seemed to be in a funk, not to mention there were a lot of people who didn't really know how to play(everyone has to start somewhere), so we couldn't really get a good game going. Oh well. Today WAS supposed to be my rest day, so I guess it is better to have taken it easy, right?:ohwell:
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I slept super good last night.. So good that I tried to convince myself that today was Saturday and continue sleeping but the dogs would not have it and kept poking me in the ribs to get up!!! Thank goodness they did that! Today is supposed to be 70 but severe storms with possible tornados are supposed to hit late this afternoon and this evening and they are predicting it to hit bad towards my house! Figures...

Tonight I changed this up and I am doing P90X+ Upper Plus!

Way to go on your workouts yesterday everyone! Hope you all have a great day today and excellent workout.

Tena
  • huskeymom
    Options
    Tena - stay safe girl... So what is upper plus? all ab work or more cardio.

Sara - Good job on stickign with the program, you can really see the difference in you.

Natasha - Are you asking what workout to start with? Do you have the workout schedules that comes with teh P90X? I am doing the classic workout and on mondays the first workout is Chest and Back.

MissResa- sorry volleyball wasnt as high intesity as you hoped. I love playing beach volleyball, hopefully I will havve the abs that the "real" players have. hehe

This weekend was fun, but the bar scene is really not me but I did it for Jenn... see what a good freind I am. hehe I had a great time with all the freinds though, dinner was awesome even with the hour wait for a table. But we all looked fabulous with our new bodies and all decked out for partying.
    I was and still am so sick today so no workouts yest for me and probably wont be able to do plyo since I am sure that will make we want to puke. Even the thought of food really gets my stomach rolling.

This is rest week and supposed to be doing cardio, so I will have to make up the cardio workouts by doing doubles or something.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Tena-you'll be in my prayers!!! Stay safe!!!

My husband is coming home from training today-he's been gone for a month, and I'm hoping that he'll see a difference since I've started P90X... He doesn't know that I'm doing it!!!

In 3 weeks of changing my eating habits, and in 15 days of being on P90X, I've lost 11 pounds!!! Today is my weigh-in day, and I've lost 3lbs this last week!!! If I needed more proof that P90X worked, today would have cinched it for me!!!:bigsmile:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    MIssResa: Awesome job! I bet you are so proud of yourself! This is going to be a great homecoming for your husband tonight....have fun!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Well I just finished Sculpt 3-4. It was a great workout.

Today I actually did not get as tired as I usually do when I do the squat/lunge combos and

I also for the first time did as many squats as they do at the end when they max out the lower body! I was so proud of myself!!

OK off to shower and have some lunch, have a great day everyone!
    Jenn
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great Job on the squats Jenn, Its a great feeling when you can keep up with the crew on the video.

Has anyone had to alter their days off? Today is my day off but I am out of town for the rest of the week but super busy tomorrow is it ok for me to workout tonight and take tomorrow off then then go back to normal. So 7 days one week then 5 then next then back to the normal 6 days.

I already plan to workout the rest of them time I am out of town, just curious about this.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Thury: Yes it is ok to alter your days off. Sundays are usually my rest days but I had taken some thursdays off and just worked out on sun or I have to confess I did take 2 rest days that week!
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good for you Jenn! I think it's about 30+ squats he does at the end. Even the chick working with him whispers/mumbles something like "That's 30."

I went to the gym at lunch time and did a 30 minute run and then the Ab Ripper 200 (but again, I make it the Ab Ripper 180 as one of the exercises is not gym safe in my shorts!) :glasses:

Apparently I'm receiving my P90X tomorrow :noway: Agghhhhhh I'm excited and kinda nervous all at once :ohwell:

I'm planning on spending time with the books etc. so I know exactly how this thing works. I understand there'll also be a booklet re diet. That'll be good. He doesn't totally ban booze does he? :frown:

Later, Paula
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Hey Guys! Just finished my workout! Did P90X+ Upper Plus! I have not done that one since June!!! Can you imagine how much I raised the weights, pullups and reps!! A BUNCH!!! It felt AWESOME and my arms were burning!!!

Well, so far the tornados are to the West (OK City), North and East of us. It is like it is just splitting to each side... Now I hear thunder and alot of lightening. We under tornado watch til 11pm CT. I rushed my workout, just to find out BL is NOT on tonight!!! I did not know that! Here they have an Oklahoma basketball game on!!!

I had to stop for shower but I thought I had better post now cause we dodged the storms enough as luck is running out and we have 2 huge ones heading right at Bixby and Tulsa! I just finished dinner and had some Tilapia and brussel sprouts... It was yummy!!!

Paula: Way to go on your workout today! So funny about the shorts. Have you thought about buying a pair of compression shorts to wear under your shorts. They are tight fitting and keep the muscles warm while working out also, when you do your workout, noone will see anything.. Just a thought... I am so excited for you getting your P90X tomorrow. I remember when I got mine and I felt intimidated looking at it all and scared to death. Don't feel that way though... It is not that bad. Just do your best...

Thury: Jenn is right... If I have something coming up, I just change my rest day for the week. As long as you get 6 days a week of workouts in, that is what counts..

Resa: Thank you so much for keeping me in your prayers! I sure need it! You are doing AWESOME! You should really be proud of yourself! Where is your hubby training and what for??? He is going to be so proud of you!!!

Jenn: Like I told you on my thread, I am super proud of you! Now we know it was the carbon problem that was hendering your workouts as you are ROCKIN NOW!!! WAY TO GO!!

Gotta go as the storms are getting worse.

Tena
  • playthingmusic
    Options
    New to the site...
    just want to add in my stats:

I am 29- male and started at 245lbs

I am doing P90X, and loving it!
    Dieted for 2 weeks then started the "lean" workout schedule, have been kickin *kitten* for 3 weeks now!
    I lost 21 pounds and counting!
    Did bi's and Back in the morning
    just finished off the night with Cardio X, then Ab Ripper!

Just put your mind to it.... anything is possible!!!!!!
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I slept like a baby with the steady rain last night! It is still raining here, pretty hard and steady. We have flooding now everywhere... They now have 8 confirmed deaths from the tornado that hit South of us. No deaths in the Oklahoma City area though the damage was pretty bad.

Welcome Plaything! Sounds like you are rockin the X. I just love that workout! I am at the end of Round 6! Still have muscles forming.... I like the muscle confusion and no plateau! Keep up the good work! 21 lbs lost is AWESOME!!! Keep it up!!!

Well gotta get to work... I hope everyone has a great day and excellent workout! Tonight is 1 on 1 Plyo Legs for me..

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Options
    Jen: I forgot to answer your question on what is Upper Plus. It is part of Tony's P90X+ workout programs. It is awesome! In the plus, you get Intervals+, Total Body+, Upper+ and Abs/Core+.

Tena