Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Is a calorie equal to a calorie?

Options

Replies

• UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My discussion has become a Cookie Monster.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Yeah, that tends to happen once pages roll into the double digits around here. We assume the OPs question has been thoroughly debated and devolve into gratuitous food discussion and/or cat memes :blush:
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options

It was destined to happen. This is an old/over-debated and hot-buttony issue and really, welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou:

giphy.gif

It’s so beautiful. Imma cry
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Since you are back now - do you still have questions? Does the information shared in the thread change your mind on anything, will it change your behavior?

Oreos are Vegan by the way, right?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Since you are back now - do you still have questions? Does the information shared in the thread change your mind on anything, will it change your behavior?

Oreos are indeed vegan.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    When I go on my holiday to the land of the Americans I'm going to get some weird flavoured Oreos (we have some here but not as many as the literal 100s in the States) and do an MFP taste test.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    When I go on my holiday to the land of the Americans I'm going to get some weird flavoured Oreos (we have some here but not as many as the literal 100s in the States) and do an MFP taste test.

On a similar note when I was in japan I was loving the weird kit kat.

Matcha kitkat ftw!!!!!
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    *Quietly raises hand......

I can take or leave Oreos. Mostly leave. There are far superior biscuits (British definition) available, why would I waste the calories on Oreos? Unless vegan, then I think they become essential to life.

I have to say. I tried TimTams, because of @Carlos_421 's Oreo thread. They were not awesome.

Lies! Tim Tams are my favorite biscuits (I'm American, and call cookies by their proper name: cookies, but Tim Tams are biscuits. My brain is a strange place)

I particularly like them with opposite corners bit off, one end dunked in coffee, and suck the coffee through until you taste coffee. Then eat the whole biscuit.

Just eat it quickly. It will dissolve in your hand and look like *kitten*.

I made a friend bring me back chocolate mint Tim Tams when he went to Australia last year. I'm so glad Target started selling them here in the US.

Oreos suck. The wafer is to bitter and over powers the frosting.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    Kittens are often the harbinger of thread shutdown (I admit I brought them up ;) ).

Better post follow-up questions or reactions fast, OP!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    jesslla wrote: »

I can take or leave Oreos. Mostly leave. There are far superior biscuits (British definition) available, why would I waste the calories on Oreos? Unless vegan, then I think they become essential to life.

I have to say. I tried TimTams, because of @Carlos_421 's Oreo thread. They were not awesome.

Lies! Tim Tams are my favorite biscuits (I'm American, and call cookies by their proper name: cookies, but Tim Tams are biscuits. My brain is a strange place)

I particularly like them with opposite corners bit off, one end dunked in coffee, and suck the coffee through until you taste coffee. Then eat the whole biscuit.

I made a friend bring me back chocolate mint Tim Tams when he went to Australia last year. I'm so glad Target started selling them here in the US.

That is the TimTam slam.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    Options

Nope no questions. It probably won’t change my behavior.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options

To the bolded: That's the way to eat Twix, too, except ends not corners. But I guess technically they're a candy bar, even though they have a cookie layer
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options

That is the TimTam slam.

Yep. Meant to mention that. Forgot. :blush:
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

To the bolded: That's the way to eat Twix, too, except ends not corners. But I guess technically they're a candy bar, even though they have a cookie layer

Oooooooooh. Now I have to go buy Twix.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Oreos are indeed vegan.

The ones in Germany say that they might contain traces of dairy.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Oreos are indeed vegan.

The ones in Germany say that they might contain traces of dairy.

It's like McDonald's french fries -- you will always want to check the ingredients for the country you're in as their vegetarian/vegan status can vary depending on country/region. I think Oreos in the US were vegan before they were in the UK (both are now vegan, I believe).