hm_day Support Group

Options
Hello all!

I got a decent amount of people to jump on for a support group so I'm posting on here since there's no exclusive group option on the site. Also, anyone is welcome to join the group! Just add me and talk on here! We're here for each other, and this group will never be closed :)

Good luck all!

- Heather

Replies

• nikkid620
    Options
    So excited today....hitting the supermarket and the farmers market this morning then off to buy hand weights. Today starts my transformation and day one of 30ds!!!!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    So excited today....hitting the supermarket and the farmers market this morning then off to buy hand weights. Today starts my transformation and day one of 30ds!!!!

Awesome! Load up on fruits and nuts :)
  • 2tired2think
    2tired2think Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello, and thanks for the support group!:happy: I LOVE your quote btw ... another favorite of mine is "It's a marathon, not a race!"
  • hm_day
    Options
    Hello 2tired2think! Hopefully pretty soon you'll be so energetic, your username will be a lie ;) Welcome!
  • BrittanyLynne21
    BrittanyLynne21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm excited that today is a new week. I gained this week so I really need to focus and work out more. Hope everyone else has a good day!
  • hm_day
    Options
    BrittanyLynne, don't worry about the weight gain! Like you said, it's a new week, so just focus on those calories (and also the sugars) and drink lots of water. You'll do great :)
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    Joining the join to get myself in line with daily exercise and motivation ;-)
  • natie73
    natie73 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello! I need some support and motivation. I have gained a few lbs. this week. I've been slacking. :indifferent: But, it's a new week and I'm glad I found this group! :happy:
  • hm_day
    Options
    Welcome guys! Like Natie said, it's a new week. I've learned to start enjoying my Mondays. It gets me to work (at a fitness center) bright and early so I can start my workout for the week AND I eat a smaller breakfast since I don't have the luxury of time for a big hearty breakfast like I do on the weekends. We're all here to support one another and to give each other motivation to achieve our goals :)
  • kierra28
    kierra28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I will join in too...I started MFP recently and my this week goal is to keep within a nearby range of my daily intake calorie goal (1200) and start with some mild exercises.
  • hm_day
    Options
    Hi.. I will join in too...I started MFP recently and my this week goal is to keep within a nearby range of my daily intake calorie goal (1200) and start with some mild exercises.

Welcome Kierra :) 1200 calories is a pretty low number, so don't get discouraged if it seems difficult. Mine is low also and it took me quite a few days to figure out how to stay within that goal. Good luck!
  • hm_day
    Options
    So it's a new day and I've started it off with a cup of dry Cheerios (I know, cardboard, but they're better dry than with milk), some fat free milk and an Activia yogurt cup. Today, I'm going to hit up the gym and do a full workout before work. This week is going to be tough to lose weight for me (ladies, I'm sure you know what I'm getting at) so I'm focusing more on maintaining what I've already lost and to not be discouraged if I see the scale go up.

How is everyone on this beautiful day?
  • Keemeri
    Keemeri Posts: 74
    Options
    Today will be my second day of Turbo Fire. I'm keeping it under 1200 easily will exercise. I'm trying not to jump on the scale every morning/evening. There is such a fluctuation! I'm on track with water and I've cut out most drinks except unsweetened ice tea and beer/wine on here and there.

I hope to follow through with the Turbo Fire full 9 week program.....crossing fingers. Any ideas for lunch at work? I'm trying to stay low on carbs...would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!
  • hm_day
    Options
    Today will be my second day of Turbo Fire. I'm keeping it under 1200 easily will exercise. I'm trying not to jump on the scale every morning/evening. There is such a fluctuation! I'm on track with water and I've cut out most drinks except unsweetened ice tea and beer/wine on here and there.

I hope to follow through with the Turbo Fire full 9 week program.....crossing fingers. Any ideas for lunch at work? I'm trying to stay low on carbs...would appreciate suggestions.

Thanks!

Remember, wine is good for the heart ;)
    As far as low-carb lunches, try a yogurt and salad. Or chicken or turkey, which has protein in it. Or put chicken IN your salad ;) I'm not on a low-carb so I'm probably not the best person to be answering this, but just look for meats, veggies, etc. You'll get your calories and your protein without too much carbs. Good luck with the Turbo Fire! :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    How is everyone today?
  • meowthania
    Options
    Hello! :)

HM - I'm taking your suggestion and getting in on the support group!

thanks for the add!

I'm on the path to learning how my body reacts to certain foods (so anyone who looks at my food diary - yes. There is nothing but proteins, vegetables and fruits. I have not been eating any breads / pasta / potatoes / starches.
    I feel good and energetic (but I know that if I ever want to be able to go out for a normal meal with friends or family I will have to learn how to handle the rest of the food groups too)

I am always open to input and suggestions. Friday I'm going to be adding some more foods to my daily intake, Heck, I'm having a hard time calorie "capping" currently.

I think friday I will add in some yogurt (mixed with fresh fruit or used in a protein shake) and maybe some almond butter!
  • hm_day
    Options
    I have seen enough people try to do a "no-carb" diet, and fail, to know that it's not very effective. So don't forget those carbohydrates :) You need them to sustain a healthy diet. Low-carb is definitely a plus but don't avoid them completely. Whole wheat breads/pastas, REAL potatoes, etc. are all good for the diet in moderation.

Yes, you need to have all food groups in the diet, even sugars :) And as far as having trouble calorie capping, take that into consideration when you get ready to submit your diet for the day. If you have several hundred calories left over, have a snack :) You don't want to be TOO low on your calories or you won't lose the weight because your body is trying to hang on to what calories there are.

Glad to see someone posting on here, hoping to see a few more before the night is out. Welcome! :)
  • meowthania
    Options
    I have seen enough people try to do a "no-carb" diet, and fail, to know that it's not very effective. So don't forget those carbohydrates :) You need them to sustain a healthy diet. Low-carb is definitely a plus but don't avoid them completely. Whole wheat breads/pastas, REAL potatoes, etc. are all good for the diet in moderation.

Yes, you need to have all food groups in the diet, even sugars :) And as far as having trouble calorie capping, take that into consideration when you get ready to submit your diet for the day. If you have several hundred calories left over, have a snack :) You don't want to be TOO low on your calories or you won't lose the weight because your body is trying to hang on to what calories there are.

Glad to see someone posting on here, hoping to see a few more before the night is out. Welcome! :)

I haven't been too big on carbs for a long time, never a mashed potato addict or anything like that, so it's not hard for me overall. But, like I said, I'm learning about my body and how it reacts to different foods, so I'm slowly adding things back in :)

I've been having to squeeze in an extra protein shake at the end of the day to cap, though I last week I had a few days where I gained because I guess the calories were *too* low. Work in progress.

Every day is a learning experience :)

I think...once I have a few more foods added in, I'm going to go for a 30DS. I'm not too far off my weight goals currently, but I definitely need some MUSCLES and TONING! BADLY!!! :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    I've never been a real potato fan either .. that's my mother's doing :) But I'd never be able to go without my breads and pastas, so I never really have a problem reaching my carb goal on days that I eat them.

I work at a fitness center at my college and it's probably the best decision I ever made. All my workouts prior to working there were done at home, or at least outside. I had never been to a gym, but because I'm a student, this is free! :) I have great coworkers who do personal training and now on Mondays and Wednesdays, my supervisor does a yoga/pilates/core class .. at 6:30 in the morning when my shift starts, haha. So I do it when I come in.

Don't limit yourself. Eat what you want in moderation. I still eat the things I like (ice cream, cookies, etc.), I just don't eat pounds of it :) The more you limit yourself, the more likely the diet will fail due to the cravings.
  • meowthania
    Options
    You're a smart cookie - I'm still learning a lot.

if I'm tracking my sugars, and I'm going over based on having 2 apples in a day...should I worry about that?