DITR Round4 Week3

Options
123457»

Replies

• carteremma
    carteremma Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Saturday QOTD: When going on a vacation/ road trip what do you do to continue your weight loss?

I have not been on holiday since starting my weight loss journey, however I usually tend to lose a bit of weight when I go on holiday with my girlfriends (none of us have kids so I have no insight!). We usually go self catering and I find that after a lazy breakfast all we need with us on the beach to get us through is some fruit or bread. We then tend to have a healthy meal (because I'm not cooking) of chicken, pasta and local produce. We then go for a few drinks and dance the night away. Admittedly after our late late nights we usually can't stomach any food untill dinnertime the next day.

Ok putting it down our holidays don't seem that good, but they are the best fun and we all laugh like we are teenagers again, and for that week we are with no cares in the world. Sorry everyone, if you can't tell I have not been away with the girls yet this year and I am desperate for a bit of Sun, Sea, Sand and Fun!!
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Friday: What is your favourite movie?
    My favourite movie is The Lord of the Rings, i come from a family of tolkien geeks and trekkies. :)

Saturday: When going away what do you try to do to continue your weightloss?
    When i'm away i try to get out and do something active everyday even if its for a short hile. Where wego on holiday the only way of the site is up a steep hill so it's great to walk up it to go to the local shop. We go to the beach, out shopping on nature trails etc and i try to keep my calorie intake sensible. When i'm out i take food that i've made up with me and being out in it's self distracts me. I've been in the house so much lately i get bored and start comfort eating.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    QOTD for Saturday, August 6th:

When going on a vacation/ road trip what do you do to continue your weight loss? Also, for those with children....do you make separate meals for the kids or do they eat the same meals as you? What do you do to save money....it seems like the healthy stuff is also more expensive!

We are actually talking about taking a family vacation, so I am not sure how to continue the weight loss....that would be why I asked the question =)

Most of the time our meals are pretty much the same. I may have veggies, and they have mac and cheese and veggies.
    It's tuff trying to stick with the weight loss routine when your on vacation but typically I just pack food that I would normally eat (like chicken and veggies). My vacations are usually camping so I try to keep myself busy otherwise I will just eat all day. It does help to have a fruit or veggie tray or pita chips and hummas so I can snack when everyone else is munching on chips or smores. As for exercise... I do quite a bit of walking and try to stay somewhere that I can swim.

I have 4 kids and no one can ever agree on a certain meal. I have found ways to make myself a healthier meal using what ever everyone else is having. For example Taco night I have a taco salad minus the chips/tortilla. I also double my veggies and leave out the starches.
  • mheightchew
    Options
    Ok, fav movie: Wild Hearts can't be broken

To work out when i am away: I bring my DVD player with some workout DVDs. I bring various lengths so there are no excuses!