JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Bex953172 It didn't! Lol. I never got around to it. Lol. I spent 2 hours cleaning the rest of my house! Lol
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

JFT 2/5/18

1. Up by 6:30(this might be hard) :(I woke up when the alarm went off at 630. Reset it for my DH's time to get up and just kind of laid there in between wake and sleep for the next hour
    2. Coffee/Bible/MFP :DCoffee and MFP were done, didn't do the Bible. Mostly because I woke up late
    3. Clean out freezer(Keep Vs. Trash) :(I spent two hours cleaning and organizing

I just want to know how it took 2 hours to clean a freezer!! How big is it?!

@Bex953172 You crack me up!!! The stuff you pick up on just makes me laugh! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Sunday:
    1. Increase water intake...red cup method again, and add some decaf tea B)YEA!!! I finally hit my goal in water. It's crazy how hard I have to work at this!
    2. No ice cream today :(
    3. Listen to Podcasts and meditate, reflect = "me" time :)
    4. Prep lunch and coffee pot for tomorrow morning :)
    5. Prep for the week (Thanks @Teresastandard !) :star:This is definitely the way to go! I have 5 outfits paired up, hanging in a separate closet, ironed and ready to go...even jewelry. an did this make it easy to get ready today!
    *Iron and press so that what is hanging is ready to wear. :star:
    *Put away all clean laundry. :star:
    *Plan what I will wear to work for the upcoming week and hang the outfits in spare room so they are there
    paired up, ready to grab and wear.
    :star:
    6. Update bullet journal for the week :smiley:
    7. 30 minutes of cardio :s
    8. Be grateful for another day! <3
    9. Bed by 10:00 and no hitting Snooze tomorrow! :sHard to be sleeping by 10 on Super Bowl Sunday!

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water :)
    2. Furnace filters :D
    3. Studio time :)
    4. Chill out :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    Recapping
    Sunday I did go to work. I am so much better and my lungs, although not happy, are at least staying in my chest. :D After work I did a bit of shopping for work.
    Monday, today, was a regular day at work. After I got a few minutes in my studio until the timer went on the stove. So at the moment it sounds like I really am on the mend, though exhausted.
    Now back to this.
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Brush and floss
    4. Bed by 10:30
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @cynhow Welcome to JFT. I hope you find this group just as wonderful as I do.
    @HealthyTrent Way to go with C25K.
    @HGSmith0920 Congrats on the loss. The surprise ones can be just so amazing!
    @Bex953172 Now come on. Were you wondering if 2 hours was too much or too little time to clean out a freezer? It could really go either way. ;)
    @joan6630 Are you doing OK? I haven't seen you here for a couple days and you said you might be coming down with something.
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Report JFT 2/5
    Log better :)
    Drink water :(
    Fast til noon :) til 1
    Stand for one meeting :(
    Walk at work :(

Not a good day, but curve balls at work and home today. I’m getting sick and work has been insane. Just finished a meeting at 11 pm and have one at 6:30tomorrow am. Ugh

JFT 2/6
    Log
    Don’t fast
    Rest
    Drink fluids

That’s all I can think of. Good night!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post goals for today in my post last night. Keeping it pretty simple:

- exercise before kids get up
    - 2ltr + water
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - 17k + steps
    - Email parent to request meeting
    - Book dentist for kids for next week
    - Chase hall booking for daughter’s birthday party (the other daughter - two birthdays too close!)

Have a great day all x
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Tuesday

1. Increase water intake
    2. 5 servings of freggies
    3. No ice cream
    4. Listen to podcasts and meditate to clear stress
    5. 30 minutes of cardio
    6. bed early and no pressing snooze in the morning!

Have a great day everyone!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :|
    - Stick to food plan :/ Ate a couple of slices of toast. Not ideal but I did eat them instead of the junk I was intending to eat on the way home so not bad I don't think! I was feeling sorry for myself because of my cold.
    - No alcohol :)
    - 30+ minute lunch break :/ really struggling with this one. I think it's because I feel I have nowhere to go for my lunch - it's busy in the kitchen and I don't really want to go for a walk when it's cold (and I'm ill). I think I will try to stay at desk but turn email OFF.
    - Take it easy! :)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 30+ minute lunch break
    - Leave work at 5.30 to go to French (read paper while waiting)
    - Take it easy!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Did everything yesterday except get the dishes done- will do that this morning.

JFT:
    1. Log everything and stay in the green
    2. Plan dinner- don't get lazy and overeat in the evening
    3. Go to the gym on the way home
    4. Try not to fall asleep on the couch watching TV (bad habit)

Happy Tuesday!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Monday
    1. Accurate log. ❌ Leave 300 calories for event at theater.
    2. Update Week 5 plans. ✔ Get computer cart. ✔ Call 5 parents. ✔ Call for official transcript. ❌ Comment at COP. ❌ Reply to HE. ❌ Turn in book order form to DK. ✔ Email W about tickets for BCSS. ✔ Add links to blogroll. ❌
    3. 2 sets body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts). ❌ 5k steps at school; aim for 6. ✔
    4. Add blog writing to Tuesday's JFT. ✔ Call D to check in. ✔ Gym immediately after school. ✔ Strength Day 2; steps to 11k, aim for 12. ✔ Check on running.
    5. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. ✔ Chop more celery. ✔ Meds; leave for theater by 6:40. ✔
    6. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ❌

JFT Tuesday:
    1. Accurate log. No reason not to have it today!
    2. Outline Week 6 plans. Daily Calm. Get computer cart. Call 5 parents. CALL FOR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT. Comment at COP. Reply to HE. Add links to blogroll. Update websites. Write weekly post and POST IT.
    3. 2 sets body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts). 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    4. Library immediately after school. Flexibility workout. House-pacing to get steps to 10k; aim for 11.
    5. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. Fold/hang laundry and put away. Call parents. Check in with B.
    6. Meds 6:30. No snacking after meds; tea only. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Feb 1 weigh-in: 173.6
    Feb 28 goal: 169.6

Today: 174.5. The scale continues to go up, but it's TOM. Fingers crossed that I can manage the monster.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday, 2/5/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Complete 3 orders from my shop :)
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)

JFT (Tuesday, 2/6/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Complete 5 orders from my shop
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    2/5 Monday JFT:

✔▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔▪JFT
    ✔▪Weekly Grocery Trip➡️this took 3 hours bc I move slower these days!!
    ✔▪Run by phone company
    ✔▪Pick up kiddos from school 3-4pm
    ❌▪Academy - need a few more baseball items➡️R/S to Tuesday or Wednesday
    ✔▪Raider Graphix - pick up kiddos embroidered baseball bag :joy:
    ❌▪Prenatal Yoga
    ❌▪Research work at Home - Analyze 20 glycoleptides➡️Analyzed 10
    ❌▪Dinner by 7 pm➡️8 pm
    ❌▪Bedtime by 10 pm➡️ 11 pm

2/6 Tuesday JFT:

▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪At University for 2.5 hours
    ▪Pick up medicine for hubby
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Prenatal Yoga
    ▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ▪Research work at Home - Analyze 20 glycoleptides
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm

Note to self: Just do what you can and don't be discouraged! When hubby is sick, the whole "stops" and must revolve around his every minute --> this is the fourth day and it is starting to wear me out plus now I think I coming down with it!! Everyone needs to be nursed but when the "nurse" gets sick she has to suck it up!! (Sorry for the rant here, maybe it is just the pregnancy hormones.)

I'm so happy to hear everyone is doing well. You all keep me encouraged!!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    JFT
    *Yesterday* - achieved it!! scales have been up and down, but lost 3lbs during round 30, so come on, that's awesome.

*Today* - Aaarrggghhh - got a McDonalds burger at the drive through. Why? I just felt too tired to cook and it is too goddam cheap. and then I had to log basically 500 calories of crap. I felt so bad. BUT it's just one day. And I had no sweets and no alcohol. I need to prep better on the weekend for these low energy work days. I actually hate McDonalds.

February 7th - JFT
    1) no chocolate/sugar/alcohol tonight
    2) cook all meals at home & log everything - just make beans on toast if u r tired ffs
    2 goals will do for today/tomorrow --> I need a win. It's really day by day at the moment.

Mini-goal is in sight ... u can do it!

Round 31 is beginning, let's get one good JFT, then 2, then ,.. 10!

Good luck everyone!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @MLHC1 I'm so sorry hubby is sick! My husband can usually be pretty self sufficient when he's sick. Thank goodness. But heaven forbid I get sick. He's kind of useless. Lol. He's been sick for a while. We thought it was just a cold but my Godmom is a nurse and said that it sounds like a sinus infection so I'm going to get him to the doc for antibiotics. Please take care of yourself and the little boy that's growing inside you! I hope that you feel better soon. Have a great day!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    eminater wrote: »
    JFT
    *Yesterday* - achieved it!! scales have been up and down, but lost 3lbs during round 30, so come on, that's awesome.

*Today* - Aaarrggghhh - got a McDonalds burger at the drive through. Why? I just felt too tired to cook and it is too goddam cheap. and then I had to log basically 500 calories of crap. I felt so bad. BUT it's just one day. And I had no sweets and no alcohol. I need to prep better on the weekend for these low energy work days. I actually hate McDonalds.

February 7th - JFT
    1) no chocolate/sugar/alcohol tonight
    2) cook all meals at home & log everything - just make beans on toast if u r tired ffs
    2 goals will do for today/tomorrow --> I need a win. It's really day by day at the moment.

Mini-goal is in sight ... u can do it!

Round 31 is beginning, let's get one good JFT, then 2, then ,.. 10!

Good luck everyone!

Be encouraged! You are doing a great job! One bad day won't really do too much damage. 3 pounds is awesome! Keep up the amazing work!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the warm welcome bcTRAI :)

Try to Remember:
    My goal for 1st week of February 2019 is to go swimming! (I haven't been swimming in a decade or so)

Get in that pool, trust me, you'll love it. Set no other goal for this week that to get in, the build your self up. Good luck x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 It didn't! Lol. I never got around to it. Lol. I spent 2 hours cleaning the rest of my house! Lol

Haha I was gonna say! 2 hours for a freezer!!
    Bex953172 wrote: »

JFT 2/5/18

1. Up by 6:30(this might be hard) :(I woke up when the alarm went off at 630. Reset it for my DH's time to get up and just kind of laid there in between wake and sleep for the next hour
    2. Coffee/Bible/MFP :DCoffee and MFP were done, didn't do the Bible. Mostly because I woke up late
    3. Clean out freezer(Keep Vs. Trash) :(I spent two hours cleaning and organizing

I just want to know how it took 2 hours to clean a freezer!! How big is it?!

@Bex953172 You crack me up!!! The stuff you pick up on just makes me laugh! :smile:

Haha glad I still make you laugh then! :lol:
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @cynhow Welcome to JFT. I hope you find this group just as wonderful as I do.
    @HealthyTrent Way to go with C25K.
    @HGSmith0920 Congrats on the loss. The surprise ones can be just so amazing!
    @Bex953172 Now come on. Were you wondering if 2 hours was too much or too little time to clean out a freezer? It could really go either way. ;)
    @joan6630 Are you doing OK? I haven't seen you here for a couple days and you said you might be coming down with something.

Haha 2 hours is much too long!! Unless it was a huge chest freezer maybe?

Note to self: Just do what you can and don't be discouraged! When hubby is sick, the whole "stops" and must revolve around his every minute --> this is the fourth day and it is starting to wear me out plus now I think I coming down with it!! Everyone needs to be nursed but when the "nurse" gets sick she has to suck it up!! (Sorry for the rant here, maybe it is just the pregnancy hormones.)

I'm so happy to hear everyone is doing well. You all keep me encouraged!!

It’s like this in my house.
    I’ve been sick most this pregnancy but when anyone else has been sick it’s like deaths door!

What’s worse is that we have lowered immune systems so it will drain us a bit more than the average person!
    Yet we have to suck it up and do what we need to!

The other day though, i was incapable of anything and my oh did do EVERYTHING. So glad of that tbh! And obviously pregnancy hormones don’t help either lol!
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    eminater wrote: »

Get in that pool, trust me, you'll love it. Set no other goal for this week that to get in, the build your self up. Good luck x

:D This is my goal for Next February (*2019*) I don't even own a swimsuit right now and have no idea where I'd get one in my size (BIG) within my budget, I'm also located in the countryside, nowhere near a beach... Hmm, I might go check out the nearby town's YMCA and see if they have a pool.
    Thanks for the inspiration eminator <3