JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 30

Replies

• DStan304
    DStan304 Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2018
    @bradcharlessimmons I'm really impressed that you've incorporated it your diet. If it didn't have such a negative affect on me I would as well. I recently learned I have a problem with gluten. So it looks like it'll be more liquors for me. Let's be honest, we didn't really think about that years ago. Hindsight 20/20. The only thing we can do now is shape the future.

Thanks. You're doing quite well yourself. Keep it up.

The intermittent fasting was difficult to get use to at first. Now that I've been in it for a few weeks, it's super easy. After some testing with times, I personally found that noon-8 works best for me. The only times I break my schedule is either by choice or I didn't have enough for dinner. It's made packing for work super easy. I usually make a smoothie the night before for lunch. Throw it in a Shaker bottle so it's easy to remix. Then my dinners have been heavier in meat. If I go to a friend's place or out to eat and it's 10p then whatever I'm still going to was. It's much easier than I expected. I've had so much more energy, and a clearer mind. I honestly don't think I've ever go back to 3 meals again.
    DStan304 wrote: »
    @bradcharlessimmons sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Do you usually count calories? Once I get down to the weight I want, I'm planning to start adding beer back to my diet. Then again it may just be liquors, we'll have to see.

I did have an awesome weekend thanks! Yes, I'm a big advocate of counting calories however it's unrealistic to be 100% accurate all of the time. Beer wise I always remember the average pint of lager is around 200 kcal, so I can usually build it into my weekends if I opt for a smaller lunch or some heavy cardio or move to gin and diet tonic (50kcal max, usually). Being a student a couple of years ago I could sink up to 24 pints in a sitting (big sesh I know) but looking back; that is horrendous, calorific and damaging to my liver.

Congrats on the loss so far this round by the way, how are you finding the fasting?

• DStan304
    DStan304 Posts: 38 Member
    @DStan304 You may get a drop tomorrow. Give your body 2-3 or more days to show a change. If you drop tomorrow, it is not because you ate breakfast today.

@andfivesixseveneight Don’t forget to take care of YOU! Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

@SherryRueter Thank you. After 50+ years of trying to lose weight, I have learned a couple of things (and have a huge collection of diet books) and am an avid reader. I like to try to help others, so make suggestions for what might work.

@quiltingjaine I recently learned my son has a gluten allergy and decided to try a piece of bread to see if I get any reactions. Well that completely paused my progress and caused some pretty intense bloating. I'm sure the next several days it'll drop down a good chunk. I've always been very uncomfortable. I never thought it would be from gluten. I would go get tested but if I do... And I'm positive... I lose my job. So knowing I'm having the same issues as my son and he's not allowed to have it at all makes me wonder.
  • touchtoshart
    touchtoshart Posts: 16 Member
    lost 11.5 lbs this round!

01/28 254.3
    01/29 253.6
    01/30 252.5
    01/31 251.2
    02/01 249.0
    02/02 248.1 - 6.2 lbs lost this round so far
    02/03 245.6
    02/04 245.0
    02/05 247.1
    02/06 242.8
  • Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    Hello, I'm back! I had been about 5 pounds from my goal weight for a while, then since Christmas its jumped up to 10 pounds, and I am not pleased. So here I am.

SW: 136
    GW this round: 132
    GW ultimate: 125

Day/Weight/Comment
    01/28 - 136.6 not a good start
    01/29 - 135.4 - did well yesterday
    01/30 - 133.8 - ate within calories yesterday, did a little stepper workout!
    01/31 - 134.5 - did well, little stepper workout
    02/01 - 134.5 - had a bit too much sugar, a bit above calorie goal, so probably a bit of water weight
    02/02 - travelling for work, no scale. continental breakfast and sitting in a car for 11 hours a day,
    02/03 - travelling for work, no scale. continental breakfast and sitting in a car for 11 hours a day. shouldn't be an excuse, but I'm just not used to that.
    02/04 - 136.2 - yeah i deserved that gain after the last few days.
    02/05 - 135.8 - yesterday was better, got an hour on the elliptical
    02/06 - 133.6 - yay! I've been buckling down since getting back from the road trip, and am seeing the results. The water retention from the sugar and salt from travelling is gone (and hopefully a bit of fat too).

Pounds lost this round: 3
  • nicolabradley87
    nicolabradley87 Posts: 95 Member
    R29EW 68.2kg, Average 68.43kg

Initial Goal Weight 65kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight 60kg
    R30 GW 67.7kg (aiming for 0.5kg again although I think it might be a bit ambitious, I generally lose slowly!)

R30 (2)
    01/28 - no access to scales today, also expecting a lot of water weight due to eating out all weekend (very limited food choices), will do what I can to not overeat though!
    01/29 - 68.8 - a big jump up, I expected it though after a weekend of limited food options, hopefully just water weight and will come off in the next couple of days
    01/30 - 67.8 - followed by a big drop, mostly water from the weekend I think. Also didn't eat much yesterday as I was ill so I expect this will rebound back up a bit.
    01/31 - 68.2 - back up a bit, ate late last night and got up and weighed early. So far no change this round!
    02/01 - 68.3 - ate at maintenance yesterday, as well as having achy muscles from a PT session - trainer upped all my weights. Hopefully won't creep too much higher!
    02/02 - 68.7 - been eating a lot of carby food this week, will try to eat less of it today and see what happens. Cals have been at or slightly above maintenance so need a few good days to finish the round. Difficult because we're eating out tonight and tomorrow
    02/03 - 69.0 - yikes this has been a bad 10 days! I certainly haven't put on this much fat, as I've gone only a little over on cals. However we did have a 3 course dinner out last night so I'm guessing there's a lot of water weight hanging around. If I can manage 3 ok days hopefully I'll finish the 10 days staying about the same!!
    02/04 - 68.4 - a better day yesterday so some water has gone, hopefully another good day today will help too! Played hockey yesterday but also ate out.
    02/05 - 68.6 - all over the place the last week! I've planned fairly well for today so hopefully this will drop a little for the end of the round!
    02/06 - 68.4 - I'll take it after the 10 days I've had! Only 0.2 up from the start. I need to try and focus on my food choices a bit more for the next 10 days I think!

Average 68.46 - so basically didn't move. I didn't set very realistic targets this round, I didn't take into account all the eating out I had planned. So I will be more mindful of this in the next round as well as setting some extra goals to hopefully improve my food choices!
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    back again
    01/28
    01/29
    01/30..144.4 Did 75 on ellip yesterday. Goal for this round is to getto or below 143.4- baby steps. Lots of stress in home life not helping lately
    01/31...144.4 Did another 75 on ellip yesterday and ate well within macros. Today, gym.
    02/01... 145 Went to gym yesterday and got a great workout in. Went out for a belated birthday happy hour and I'm hoping water retention from wine, etc is reason for weight increase. Today, a day of virtue. Happy Thursday.
    02/02... 144 ok, down a bit. Need to lose .6 to reach goal for this round. Doable. Today, a pool class and perhaps some gym. Happy Friday.
    02/03.. 144.4 Did a 45 min pool aqua aerobics yesterday. So much fun. Ae sensibly. No wine. 3 days left ot lose 1.1 pounds.
    02/04... 143.6 Not sure why the big drop but I'll take it. Got chicken marinating last night for a great Mediterranean chicken dish that has green olives for dinner today. That and spinach for me and some rice too for the others. I'm prepared. Maybe the gym.
    02/05.. 143.4 .. goal for this round. Now to continue back down. Yesterday, 35 min ellip, great workout at gym and sensible, healthy meals. Today, ellip and some chicken fried rice using cauliflower rice and lots of other veggies. New week, new enthusiasm.

02/06.. 143.6 was at goal for round yesterday... then a friend in distress called, had some wine with her last night but picked up salad with chicken for both of us on way over so I knew I'd be able to eat right. Did pool class yesterday, maybe gym and pool class today.
  • FrancineJM61
    FrancineJM61 Posts: 99 Member
    I'm in for 12,000 steps a day. I try to stay around 1200 cal a day. The cal I earn walking I ignore those don't add extra food.

Feb. 1, 2013 15,523
    Feb. 2, 2013 11,000
    Feb. 3, 2013 20,450
    Feb. 4, 2013 6471 sick this day
    Feb. 5, 2013 12,043

91660262.png