• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT recap yesterday
    Logged :)
    was green :)
    drank nearly 80 :|
    Didn't swim, but walked a ton :)
    didn't crochet, played on my tablet, which is ok too.
    NSV, I was making my youngest a bean and cheese quesadilla last night and i REALLY wanted one, but instead, after reading the carbs on the beans and tortillas, I ate more of my chicken and veggies.

JFT 2/6
    log everything
    stay green
    drink 80
    yoga (although i don't have my sneakers, so I'm going to have to go upstairs in my yoga socks. So i'm going to take the elevator instead of all the stairs)
    Got a dr appointment scheduled for the older boy. looking at starting an SSRI like zoloft to help with the hair pulling and general anxiety. Life is never dull when your kid is on the spectrum, no matter how high functioning he is.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Hello Wonderful Ladies,
    I have not been on for several days but I have been keeping up and sending various likes, hugs, etc. Such an encouraging and determined group...love it. A big welcome to new people. This is a great place.

For those who are prayer-folk, I would appreciate prayers for my sweet daughter-in-law and son. As some of you learned from earlier posts, we have been filled with joy at the prospect of our first grandchild, a boy, named Parker Wade. We had recently seen a picture of him sucking his thumb and a video of his hiccups. Last week, at 14 weeks, his heart stopped beating. She was induced this morning. This is her second miscarriage, but this occurred much later than the first. It is heartbreaking to have your kids go through such pain. So thankful her mom, (who is my best friend) is there to walk along beside them.

Peace and joy.

Thinking of you and your family x
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Not a bad day - just missed the one and should be easy to pick up tomorrow. So cold here though, not feeling very motivated this evening.

Recap Goals 6/2:
    - exercise before kids get up ✅
    - 2ltr + water ✅
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - 17k + steps ✅
    - Email parent to request meeting ✅
    - Book dentist for kids for next week :|
    - Chase hall booking for daughter’s birthday party (the other daughter - two birthdays too close!) ✅

Goals for 7/2:

- exercise before kids get up
    - 2 ltr + water
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - 15k + steps
    - Finish all prep for observation on thurs
    - Book dentist
    - Early night
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    eminater wrote: »

Get in that pool, trust me, you'll love it. Set no other goal for this week that to get in, the build your self up. Good luck x

:D This is my goal for Next February (*2019*) I don't even own a swimsuit right now and have no idea where I'd get one in my size (BIG) within my budget, I'm also located in the countryside, nowhere near a beach... Hmm, I might go check out the nearby town's YMCA and see if they have a pool.
    Thanks for the inspiration eminator <3

the ymca usually will have a pool, along with classes to get you started. As for the suit, check swimoutlet.com or amazon.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    @missheidi Keep your chin up and as I say, Keep on Keepin on! Just make it through the day! One minute at a time sometimes, but you will! A random thought. I watched a video a few weeks ago. It was a commencement speech for one of the military academies and it was a commanding officer who said that the best thing anyone can do for themselves is to make their bed in the morning. The part that stuck with me is that no matter how bad your day is or how much you DONT get done, at least when it's time to go to bed you have a neat, clean, made bed. It has actually turned my days around sometimes. I've even got my husband into doing it when he wakes up and I'm not home. So maybe try that. I know it has definitely boosted my mood some days.

that was actually part of my issue today. Usually while I make the boys' breakfast and the coffee, Ken is in the shower, then makes the bed. He hasn't for about the last week. IDK why, but it's a little thing that is irritating. So I did it today.

I dont often expect my husband to do anything around the house. As much as it irks me, I've kind of come to expect him not to do much, though he usually is good about switching out a full garbage bag. He has a broken body and works on his feet all day for long hours sometimes. When he does do little things around the house it's a total surprise and I love it. I am kind of hoping that positive reinforcement will work with him. He has had repeated severe head trauma over his relatively short life and I think that might have something to do with it as well.
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT TUESDAY RECORD
    1. stick to calorie goal :(
    2. Go to yoga class :)

A couple of hundred over my calorie goal, a shame but not a disaster. I’ve been hungry all day- I think due to not having a proper breakfast and not drinking enough water. Will get back on track tomorrow.

JFT WEDNESDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Metafit class
    3. Go for swim
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa my prayers for you and whole family about baby Wade. So sorry
    @ bex dermatrillomania? what you describe my dh does - picks things until they're a big hard lump. treatment?

gone way off the plan the last week or so. weight is ballooning. I see it going down and then sabotage myself.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    @ bex dermatrillomania? what you describe my dh does - picks things until they're a big hard lump. treatment?

Yeah my partner catches me “scanning” my body, which is basically feeling for any “imperfections” so if I have a little cut from anything or a bit of oil has splashed on my hand and marked it and the worst is having spots because I can’t leave them alone. I just pick them. Daily, over and over and they never heal. But I feel like by doing it I’m helping it heal or look better.
    I’ve not gone as far as to purposely make a wound to pick.

Treatment is usually SSRIs. So I’m on fluoxetine (Prozac?) but with me probably CBT will help to find out why I do it in the first place. But I cba going so luckily as I’m aware of it I do try stop myself. Sometimes plasters help and I try a “3 day rule” so I won’t touch one for 3 days togive it chance to heal before I get a cxance to pick it again
  • HGSmith0920
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    cory17 wrote: »

Yeah my partner catches me “scanning” my body, which is basically feeling for any “imperfections” so if I have a little cut from anything or a bit of oil has splashed on my hand and marked it and the worst is having spots because I can’t leave them alone. I just pick them. Daily, over and over and they never heal. But I feel like by doing it I’m helping it heal or look better.
    I’ve not gone as far as to purposely make a wound to pick.

Treatment is usually SSRIs. So I’m on fluoxetine (Prozac?) but with me probably CBT will help to find out why I do it in the first place. But I cba going so luckily as I’m aware of it I do try stop myself. Sometimes plasters help and I try a “3 day rule” so I won’t touch one for 3 days togive it chance to heal before I get a cxance to pick it again

As gross as it sounds, I have an issue like this with zits. My husband hates it because I try to "take care of them" and I end up making a really big, really terrible scab and then proceed to pick at it for days and days. I dont usually do it with other scabs or spots, just my face. I make a small zit turn into a huge scab so it goes from being pretty inconspicuous to a full-blown red mark on my face. I'm hoping that the combination of going back on my meds and the removal of the birth control device that had a side effect of acne will help with that. Lol. I am actually on an SSRI, but when I got the device out I immediately went off the meds so I want to see what happens when I'm back on the meds and have my acne pretty much on the downswing.

And it's funny because with my illness I usually have CBT therapy when I go. I never thought of going for the picking. I think I may talk to her about it the next time I see her.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT 2/6/18

1. Up at 6 am/Morning Routine :/Nope. Got up at 8 instead. Then at 840 laid back down for 20 minutes. Lol
    2. Gym :)Did this this afternoon. Had a good time. I'm almost done with my book. Thank goodness I have two more!
    3. Library with R and L :)Had an awesome time! R is a very old friend that I reconnected with last month and have been meeting every week to have chats. L is her almost 3-year-old son who is the most adorable ball of pure energy I have ever seen!
    4. Laundry :/Ended up running out of time. Gonna do it early tomorrow morning after the DH leaves for work
    5. Dinner prep/lunch :|Had lunch but didn't need to prepare dinner because we decided to have leftovers. Have to remember to prep tomorrow instead
    6. MOVE BOXES!!!!!! :)FINALLY did this! Broke down all the random boxes that have been hanging around since Christmas and relocated the giant TV box that the DH is INSISTING we save.
    7. Look over story!(I am determined to do this!!!!) :DStill didn't do it. I am determined to work on it. I will bring my laptop and headphones to the laundromat
    8. Hang out with DH :)Spent some time hanging out on the couch with the DH. We were each doing our own thing but we were together and that's all my DH really asks of me. He likes me to be close when we are both in the house.
    9. Dinner/Dishes :)Done and Done! And I got to empty a leftover container! I love it when my fridge isn't filled with storage containers
    10. Pittsburgh Penguins game :)Doing this now. Pens just pulled ahead. 3 goals in the second period! And the DH hasn't been as terribly angry at the Refs this game.
    11. Bed by 11 :)Probably. I have to get up really early tomorrow if I want to get things done on time tomorrow.

Had a great day today. Spent some awesome time with a bunch of awesome people. So I forgot until I was almost asleep last night that we have access to what is called Teladoc. It's pretty much a phone/video call consultation with a licensed doctor who can prescribe medicine. So this afternoon we called about the DH's sinus infection and got the meds like an hour later. He is already feeling better. So thank goodness. The doc gave him a five-day course of antibiotics. So hopefully he feels like himself soon. I'm definitely tired tonight. It's not even 9 pm yet. I have to at least stay up to see the last period. So at least another half an hour. Lol. I might lay down with the DH on the couch though.

So onto my list!

JFT 2/7/18

1. Up at 6 am/morning routine
    2. Food store
    3. Walmart
    4. Laundry
    5. WORK ON STORY!!!!!!!
    6. Gym
    7. Lunch/Dinner prep
    8. Send out 3 resumes!!!
    9. Fix vacuum
    10. Organize bedroom
    11. Research dry cleaners in the area
    12. Dinner/Dishes
    13. Time with DH
    14. Bed by 11.
  • cynhow
    cynhow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So, what I learned today is that I’m not so good at navigating my way through this thread. I thought about my JFTs though!

2/5/2018
    1. log everything I eat today :)
    2. make it to the gym :)

2/6/2018
    1. Log again! :)
    2. Gym again :)
    3. Come back here! :)

And since I’m here...

Tomorrow...2/7/2018
    1. Bring lunch to work.
    2. Read for 30 minutes
    3. Meditate
    4. Figure out how to navigate this thread.
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920
    I noticed that you had this on your JFT list: Pittsburgh Penguins game. Do you live near Pittsburgh? I live 30 miles north of the "burgh".
    @HealthyTrent: I feel exactly as you do about reading all the entries. I was away for a week, trying to get back on track, and there isn't any way that I can read all these entries, as much as I would like to. But--welcome to this thread--it is very supportive.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :| I swapped yoghurt for crisps as there were no takeaway spoons in the shop (that's my excuse anyway) not too bad though - still in the green
    - 30+ minute lunch break :| I was better but possibly not 30 yet and I used it to book hotels for work so wasnt really for 'me'.... Excited about my hotels though! (One has a gym)
    - Leave work at 5.30 to go to French (read paper while waiting) :| Left at 6.45 but I did make it! I need to get there earlier next time, I didn't have time to clear my head and get in 'french mode'
    - Take it easy! :)

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Drink 3 water bottles
    - Leave work by 6 latest
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @asclepsia MY DH and I actually live in New Jersey but he's been a Pens fan since the 80's when Lemeuix got drafted. His brother was a huge fan before that. I wasn't a hockey fan until I met him and then kind of just glommed onto the team he liked. We actually get the cable hockey package every season because we're such huge fans. Lol.

So I stayed up to finish watching the game but ended up laying down on the couch during the 3rd period. After the game was over I rolled over and fell asleep with my head on my DH's arm. It was really comfy and as my DH says "I needed a cuddle sesh." I ended up not waking up until sometime around 11:30. I then pulled myself off the couch and went to bed. Lol. I feel asleep really quickly and was actually able to get up at 6 like I wanted. It is now 6:14 and I'm drinking my coffee and about to run to the store.

Have a great day everyone!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday:
    1. Accurate log. No reason not to have it today! ✔
    2. Outline Week 6 plans. ✔ Daily Calm. ✔ Get computer cart. ✔ Call 5 parents. ✔ CALL FOR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT. ✔ Comment at COP. ✔ Reply to HE. ✔ Add links to blogroll. ❌ Update websites. ❌ Write weekly post and POST IT. ❌
    3. 2 sets body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts). ❌ 5k steps at school; aim for 6. ✔
    4. Library immediately after school. Flexibility workout. ❌ House-pacing to get steps to 10k; aim for 11. ✔
    5. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. ✔ Fold/hang laundry and put away. ✔ Call parents. ❌ Check in with B. ✔
    6. Meds 6:30. ✔ No snacking after meds; tea only. ✔ Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45. ✔

JFT Wednesday:
    1. Accurate log.
    2. Write Week 6 plans. Daily 5-min meditation. Get computer cart. Call 5 parents. Send follow-up email. Check HE for reply. Update websites. Add links to blogroll. Write weekly post. Comment on WTC.
    3. 1 set body exercises (10 lifted push-ups ALL THE WAY DOWN, 40 sec wall sit, 70 sec plank, 40 sec flexibility, 30 sec balance, 15 side leg lifts) aim for 2. 5k steps at school; aim for 6.
    4. Department meeting after school. Flexibility workout. House-pacing steps to 10k; aim for 11.
    5. Prep breakfast and lunches for tomorrow. Fold/hang laundry and put away. Call parents. Update Meetup; kickboxing 13th not 12th (meeting).
    6. Meds 6:30. Dinner: Plated 2. No snacking after dinner; tea only. Check tumblr and facebook. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:45.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Feb 1 weigh-in: 173.6
    Feb 28 goal: 169.6

Today: 174.2.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Tuesday, 2/6/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :)
    2. Log all my food :)
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day :)
    4. Complete 5 orders from my shop :)
    5. Go to the gym (30 min circuit, 30 min treadmill) :)

JFT (Wednesday, 2/7/18)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all my food
    3. Be "in the green" with my calories for the day
    4. Shovel the driveway
    5. Complete 2 orders from my shop
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @sarah74_vt Awesome job completing all of your goals! You seem to be on a roll! Keep it up!

@missheidi I hope your day got better yesterday! Or at least that you are having a better day today!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @OConnell5483 How did the appointment go? You get your results tomorrow, right? I'll be praying for you!!!!!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    JFT:2/7/2018:
    Exercise
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Log food
    Read/study chapter on entomology;

• acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options

One of my best friends is allergic to pretty much everything but fruits, veggies, and meat. But she's a vegetarian so meats out. But she has just started getting shots that will reset what her body is allergic to. We're hoping that by next year she'll be able to have at least dairy and gluten again. It makes her really sad that she makes food for her family but cant eat any of it.

That's rough, I hope things go well for her :)
    I'm not allergic (thank goodness) I'm just intolerant - my joints swell and it affects my digestion, I mean... ahem, gas.
    I'm also a vegetarian and I can relate to feeling like I either have to make people eat dishes that they anticipate can't possibly be delicious, or buy, plan, prepare and serve food I can't eat :(
    However, I'm just way too lazy and selfish to choose the latter option :smiley: LOL