Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Super quick and filling supper tonight. 100g black beans, 100g frozen corn, 1/2 can HOT Ro-Tel over a bag of broccoli florets. You carnivores could add skirt steak, grilled chicken or shrimp. It was really good and took about 7 minutes to toss together. Following with vanilla chia pudding.

@nowine4me do you happen to know the calorie count for this off the top of your head? I have all of those ingredients, and literally nothing else at my house and I might avoid going to the store one more day :D

SWAG guess 325 (100 each corn, beans, broccoli), 25 for 1/2 Cup rotel.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Super quick and filling supper tonight. 100g black beans, 100g frozen corn, 1/2 can HOT Ro-Tel over a bag of broccoli florets. You carnivores could add skirt steak, grilled chicken or shrimp. It was really good and took about 7 minutes to toss together. Following with vanilla chia pudding.

@nowine4me do you happen to know the calorie count for this off the top of your head? I have all of those ingredients, and literally nothing else at my house and I might avoid going to the store one more day :D

SWAG guess 325 (100 each corn, beans, broccoli), 25 for 1/2 Cup rotel.

Okay thats close to what I was coming too, thank you :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    hv2cy0gsualm.jpeg
    My riff on Biminbap in the spirit of the Olympics. Shirataki noodles with mushrooms, garlic, chili sauce and spinach topped with peppers, cucumber, and green onions.
    ETA 300 or so cals
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    zb75t9t1yfbm.jpeg

Haven’t been too creative lately, but this was a good one. Super filling. Diced sweet potatoes, diced tempeh, sliced Brussel sprouts, chopped kale and black beans. Stirred in some Dijon mustard at the end. Delish. Next time I’ll add some onion.

That looks so delicious!!

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    slossia wrote: »
    I’m vegan and eat mostly carbs! Just started MFP! I lost close to 40 lbs since October 1st when I went from a vegetarian diet to vegan! I eat close to 3 thousand calories a day and still lost weight by keeping my fat below 20 percent of my calories!

:D
  • lauzjacobs
    lauzjacobs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm not alone!
    Thanks for the great meal ideas.
    I just found 6egg white omelette with steamed mash cauliflower
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    slossia wrote: »
    I’m vegan and eat mostly carbs! Just started MFP! I lost close to 40 lbs since October 1st when I went from a vegetarian diet to vegan! I eat close to 3 thousand calories a day and still lost weight by keeping my fat below 20 percent of my calories!

Do you weigh your food on a food scale? If not then you may not be eating 3,000 calories & eating way less than you think. Most people tend to think they're eating less than they burn & gain weight, but the reverse can also happen.

Plus it's calories in/calories out that result in weight loss.
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I used to drink lots ! Lots of jack and coke and lots of beer! So I quit that and quit the fast food! Started going plant base and kept my fat under 20 grams a day ! Started eating lots of rice, beans, potatoes, like a starch base whole food vegan diet! Didn’t really keep exact track of my calories and dropped forty lbs! So I just started to track my foods on MFP and now I’ll have a better idea on if it’s the food or the quitting alcohol! I’m just trying now to maintain my weight! I’ll have a better idea in a month!!
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Great ideas ...will be adding tons more veggies to my meal plans
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Last night this protein angel food cake happened because my box of egg whites was about to expire.

8 egg whites or 1 cup
    15g protein powder or half scoop
    1tsp cream of tartar
    1tsp vanilla extract

Beat all but protein powder until peaks form.
    Fold in protein powder
    Bake at 350F for 20 min.

wnlohzhbzs3g.jpg

Had half this morning with fruit and coffee for breakfast topped with Walden farms syrup.

good to know your boxed whites worked i hear they dont
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Supper: one bag broccoli, roasted sweet potato, veggie burger and guacamole. Big, delicious and filling at under 400 cals. Now to dessert....5xnqe4u21pam.jpeg

copying this to take to class!