What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    DowntonJul wrote: »
    200nzdlbshns.jpeg

This looks delicious!

Agreed!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Those Philly cheesesteak portabellos look amazing. Did you just put the cheesesteak guts inside? How long did you cook the mushrooms? Those are happening in my life ASAP.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Those Philly cheesesteak portabellos look amazing. Did you just put the cheesesteak guts inside? How long did you cook the mushrooms? Those are happening in my life ASAP.

Not to hijack your question, but I made these from Skinnytatse.com last night. I have made them a few times because they are AMAZING. I made a few changes though. I use a lb of meat instead of 6 oz. I use shaved eye of round that I get from my butcher (I phone ahead and he puts it in the freezer for about a half hour to make it hard enough to shave. It makes the best cheesesteaks ever!). I also use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, but that's just because I do that for all recipes that call for sour cream. Okay, sorry, but I had to share. I hope the original poster still responds to your question :)
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    fb4u1yplk4mz.jpg
    dew3u7j9hmph.jpg
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    nwjv0i4zuzj6.jpeg
    Last night’s dinner! Lettuce wrapped bacon cheeseburger
  • DowntonJul
    DowntonJul Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    DowntonJul wrote: »
    200nzdlbshns.jpeg

This looks delicious!

Agreed!

Thank you both! It was a America’s Test Kitchen recipe. I’ve been going through their book recently :)

• DowntonJul
    DowntonJul Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Not to hijack your question, but I made these from Skinnytatse.com last night. I have made them a few times because they are AMAZING. I made a few changes though. I use a lb of meat instead of 6 oz. I use shaved eye of round that I get from my butcher (I phone ahead and he puts it in the freezer for about a half hour to make it hard enough to shave. It makes the best cheesesteaks ever!). I also use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, but that's just because I do that for all recipes that call for sour cream. Okay, sorry, but I had to share. I hope the original poster still responds to your question :)

Yes! It’s pretty much just cheesesteak guts inside. Microwave the mushrooms for a couple minutes to soften. You cook the steak, onion and peppers in a pan and then put inside the mushrooms and top with cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted. This was the skinnytaste recipe but I swapped out the low fat items for full fat. My husband and I do low carb so anything with extra fat I add :)
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    ymszamqni3pm.jpeg
    Tonight’s dinner! Keto-friendly chicken burrito bowl!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

That sounds awesome. I'm making them for Sunday night dinner. I will definitely increase the meat.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    For next days : fried salmon and shrimps with teryaki sauce

a5vxhlsik06b.jpg

• OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I guess this is a hamburger helper type of meal but a couple things might make it worth the post.
    lf1esltagqvv.jpg
    1. Those are about two ounces of radish greens sautéed with the rest of the dish. First time I've cooked with them. They are surprisingly nutritious, taste good in this kind of preparation, and in a sense they're free; I've been throwing them away all my life. Nutritional data and more information can be found here. I won't be tossing radish greens out anymore.
    2. I gave up processed meat the first of the year and assumed that was the end of my sausage days. This is fresh chorizo made in a chain produce/grocery/health food store called Sprouts which is becoming my favorite place. It is uncured and made with 85% lean ground chuck. You have to add fat to cook with it but I used one tablespoon of olive oil, pretty healthy I think.
  • JL2513
    Options
    9xud88ssp3h6.jpg
    2tvm7gfp10ve.jpg
    5ov7t9hhkftx.jpg
    85mvyo1afwr9.jpg
    twvor2pu4bjk.jpg
    s9jtzpnnj6ba.jpg
  • JL2513
    Options
    Birthday cake round 2: matcha black sesame :)
    oa27s16acm6t.jpg
    sn6as3czzun5.jpg
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    Birthday cake round 2: matcha black sesame :)
    oa27s16acm6t.jpg
    sn6as3czzun5.jpg

Lucky girl! Happy 2nd birthday:)
  • silviamartins
    silviamartins Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Made a Thai chicken salad for lunch f1ninj3sjgds.jpeg
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Beans and Rice
    3hv666r5x8xu.jpg
    Andouille sausage, poblano pepper, tomatoes, and black beans over brown rice.
  • JL2513
    Options
    lo7t4rz4hv18.jpg
    9hf4szkenfna.jpg
    lsf877kurwro.jpg
    b3bakrefnve0.jpg
    kuxi0k81uznn.jpg

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    For a rainy February Sunday dinner ... appetizer of fresh-made slowcooker cauliflower soup, entree of baked-broiled marinated barbecue chicken breast, roast gold potatoes and microwaved frozen veggie mix.

56f1os52j6jr.jpg

gadxf3hnbzop.jpg

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Homemade gluten free potato gnocci with seafood medley, vodka sauce and pestodbd08dvtcrw3.jpg