What does your breakfast consist of?

Every morning I have two bowls of Old fashion oatmeal and a large coffee with two sugars. Sometimes I add fruit to my break the monotony of eating the same thing everyday.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Then why do you eat the same thing every day, and double portions too?

My breakfasts are some kind of bread w/various spread, and milk, or some kind of porridge made with various grains and milk+water, wtih butter, and various fruit and various raw vegetables.
  • ZRunner5Lulaica
    ZRunner5Lulaica Posts: 168 Member
    Mine vary from week to week based on my moods. My only consistent item is probably my chai latte (at least until summer). This week I'm having mixed berry strudel with my tea, last week it was whatever I felt up to (yay flu).
  • DanK1988
    DanK1988 Posts: 13 Member
    4 pieces of Fletcher's thick cut bacon and 1 apples and cinnamon oatmeal packet. Every morning.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    1 egg, 4 egg whites, 2 slices of bacon, bran buds, milk. That's pretty much my breakfast meal every day.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Breakfast this morning:
    mii4rz89sdqz.png
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    2 cups of coffee with splash of 1% milk and 1 tsp sugar each
    1/4 cup Trader Joes Instant Steel Cut Oatmeal
    1 banana mashed into oatmeal
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Coffee with truvia and heavy cream.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    I essentially eat the same breakfast every single day and I this is the meal that I look forward to the most (the flavors of the yogurt, water, and bars do vary). The protein powder is mixed with the yogurt.

dp9bfmddk2lm.png
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    An egg or two with or without cheese, piece of toast, fruit, Greek yogurt, in some combination. Sometimes a bagel with cream cheese if I know the rest of my day will be protein heavy. Sometimes nothing.

I couldn't start my day with oatmeal and fruit every day and make my protein goal unless I added protein powder to the oats.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Coffee with milk, two slices of toast with peanut butter and jam.. almost everyday
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    edited February 2018
    I try to start every day with black coffee and a protein of some sort. Protein always fills me up and gets me through until lunchtime. I've been making my own Greek yogurt recently, so I will sometimes have 4 ounces of that, with a little peach jam for sweetener. At other times, I'll have a couple or three scrambled egg whites. And then on other occasions, when it's so cold I need something warming, I'll start the day off with a hearty oatmeal with flaxseed and quinoa. None of these is higher than 200 calories and *always* fills me up until lunchtime.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited February 2018
    Usually something like:

Bowl of whole grain cereal with soy milk and a piece of fruit
    Kodiak brand flapjacks with Morningstar fake bacon and sugar free syrup
    Two eggs with Morningstar bacon and reduced fat shredded cheese, high-fiber English muffin
    Irish steel cut oats cooked with some dried fruit with some chopped nuts and sugar free syrup

I usually have 2-3 cups of coffee later in the morning with a generous amount of half and half and stevia to sweeten it.
  • JustSamzy
    JustSamzy Posts: 4 Member
    I have a Skinny Caffe coffee 15 mins before my microwaved Scrambled Eggs in the morning with 75ml skimmed milk and 5g of butter. I sometimes have around 20g of Spinach too for an extra protein boost. Its the same every morning but I really like it, it's super simple and full of protein to get me through to my first break at work!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast on weekdays always consists of coffee with creamer within the first 15-20 minutes of waking up, and then greek yogurt with fruit 2.5-3 hours later. Weekends breakfast is either coffee, leftovers, or occasionally an omelette.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Milk + OJ
    Turkey sausage or turkey bacon
    Hommade French toast or Kodiak caked with protein to make pancakes or waffles

Varies between 560 and 815 depending of whether it's a lift day or cardio day (more burn)
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Weekends are eggs and toast (sometimes bacon or sausage), weekdays are either:
    1. fruit and yogurt
    2. overnight oatmeal with protein powder, honey, cinnamon, almond milk, peanut butter, and blueberries
    3. mcdonalds #1 but i throw away the top half of the bun :#

This gives me some variety but also some consistency bc I know how these foods affect my blood sugar (I'm diabetic).
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Oh, forgot the coffee with stevia and any flavored coffee creamer!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Depends on the day...but most often, eggs are involved one way or another.