Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @kittybenn, how lovely that you don't want to be too judgmental toward drunk people. Such an open attitude is refreshing these days. We need more of it. I hear you on the wine thing. That's why I'm going to try a glass or two in Italy . . . it will be "good stuff" for sure, or why bother?

@dressagerider1020, OK, I finally figured it out. I've been reading your posts and thinking your name was "dress a gerider." I keep thinking, "I don't know what a gerider is. Why would you want to dress one?" I finally got it! Dressage rider! Thanks, brain! Good thing I stopped drinking, huh?
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I did not have a dry January because I was on holiday - but, I drank a lot less than I would have normally done and had a really good time. 3 weeks in the sun was just what I needed and friends who had not seen me for a year were so encouraging.
    Now into February and not drinking much if at all on weekdays. Weekends are tricky as husband wants to drink and also drinks wine in front of me when I don't want to… Also when I come home from work he starts up with "can I get you anything?" Very depressing but I am determined to see this through. On days I don't drink I really don't miss it. I really wish he would support me and have dropped hints about giving up for Lent but nagging does not work.
    Well done everyone who made it through January!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey guys, .. im not waiting till the morning to confess. I was typically poured a drink with my friend. I ended up having it and diluting it with mineral water through the night. So i would have ended up having 1 shot all night. Im a 1/2 die hard. :);):p

Thanku every1 for your help B)

You did very well!!!! Good for you!!!
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    @dressagerider1020 Your post on being addicted to smoking was brilliant. It's one that I'm going to read over and over again. The thought you've put into pondering who you are and the way you want to live your life - amazing. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks :) but I think the post you're referring to is from @skyweigh, she responded to my question. And you're right, lots of good insight in her post. I think it says something about us ex-smokers: we don't even think about it now. The further away you get from any over-indulgence, be it ice cream, cigarettes or wine, the less you miss it. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »

@dressagerider1020, OK, I finally figured it out. I've been reading your posts and thinking your name was "dress a gerider." I keep thinking, "I don't know what a gerider is. Why would you want to dress one?" I finally got it! Dressage rider! Thanks, brain! Good thing I stopped drinking, huh?

:D lol @ "thanks, brain!"

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    thanks for all the meditation/sleep links, I'm trying them.

Hope they work for you. Like I said, I like binaural beats best. You can download those from iTunes etc.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=binaural+beats+sleep

Oddly this one is my favorite:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqWDK6pE8o
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Hey guys, .. im not waiting till the morning to confess. I was typically poured a drink with my friend. I ended up having it and diluting it with mineral water through the night. So i would have ended up having 1 shot all night. Im a 1/2 die hard. :);):p

Thanku every1 for your help B)

From my original post I meant "die hard" as the ones who gave up drinking completely. Die hard to the cause of remaining AF. Maybe this is why I couldn't figure out why you thought is was funny either, lol
    But anyways, way to stay strong with diluting your drinks, that's an awesome idea!

Thanky for your kindness.. :)<3:D its all good. I was having a little fun. A die hard to me is a looser a person that drops out off everything. It often gets used at our house.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    Oh boy, @JulieAL1969 I am jealous of those teas! They sound like they'll be interesting and tasty. I do hope your husband gets on the solidarity bandwagon for that event. But good for you for deciding to go, exercising your sobriety muscle and not worrying about it (at least I hope not worrying about it too much).

My total weekend drinking consisted of three, 4 oz. glasses of wine. They didn't thrill me and I'm not sure why. Just want to say, again, to those of you who are still dry since Jan. 1 that I really don't think you're missing much. I hope that helps you a bit if you're fantasizing about how great it would be to start drinking again. I'm feeling myself creeping back to being completely dry. I'm getting to the point where I would take food calories over alcohol calories anyday.

Anyway, we went to our favorite beach bar last night (my husband and another couple) and my husband and the other woman got pretty drunk. Her husband and I were DDs, and I didn't miss the booze at all. The band was great, we had a lot of fun, I just kept chugging my club soda and/or Diet Coke with lime and was fine. I found myself getting more and more irritated, though, at the drunk people as the night went on. I've got to get a grip on that, because not too long I WAS one. I was just sitting there having this feeling, like, I'm tired of this, tired of you and it's time to go. I kinda hate myself for having that attitude, though. It's not that they were drunk (as far as I'm concerned, that's totally up to them and none of my business), it's just that they were getting pretty crazy, making no sense, being super loud and kind of embarrassing. I don't know. I'm surprised at myself and need to figure out how to handle being around drunk people, LOL!

Great insights!
    Aren't you happy to have woken up without a hangover? Hooray! That is worth the sacrifice of staying there with loud people. I feel for you. I guess we are all learning as we go. I kind of like being the observer of people who drink , because I'm seeing how I used to be and how I don't want to be.
    Interesting that you say you are looking the taste and enjoyment of those wines you had. I agree, I'm not missing much by not drinking anymore. xo
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Day 24! I left Saturday for a quick out of town trip with my life long best friend and we did not drink a drop! This is a huge deal as we normally would have bought a box of wine to get us through the night. I was definitely more at peace with not drinking than she was because she mentioned drinking A LOT, but still we did it. It really showed me how much my thinking has changed because I wasn't noticing the lack of alcohol unless she mentioned it. That was an awesome realization!

That's awesome, great job
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Sorry I already joined the Lush February thread

I’m out tonhsaw7y31661.gif
  • MrsJenniferLynn
    MrsJenniferLynn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im in how do u join sorry im new to this.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »

Please send the $50 membership fee to PO Box 420 to go toward the alcohol fund

Bully!.. :D
  • Alzzi76
    Options

welcome :) , we r a group of people that want to cut back or quit . We tell each other what our goals are and go from there. We support each other in hard times. I want to reach my ideal weight so im trying to quit till ive reach it. i am struggling but i would have given in along time ago if it wasn't for Julie and her crew.
    All the best on your journey.. xo