New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2018
    hgycta wrote: »
    My grocery stores have started to stock the new ice cream flavors (most, but sadly not all, of the new Haagen-Dazs and Ben and Jerry's flavors), so I picked up some of them - one for each new category to start. I got: one of the new Haagen-Dazs trio flavors (Vanilla and caramel ice creams with white chocolate pieces and caramel sauce); one of their new regular flavors (Honey Salted Caramel Almond); one of the new Ben and Jerry's truffles flavors (Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles); and one of their new Moophoria light ice creams (Chocolate Milk & Cookies). I also picked up one of the Haagen-Dazs non-dairy flavors (Peanut butter chocolate fudge) - this line has been out since summer 2017 I think, but I haven't had a chance to try any of them.

3otvvxyektdj.jpg

Haagen-Dazs Vanilla and Caramel trio - The ice creams in this one were tasty and the caramel sauce was a nice addition; however, the white chocolate pieces had that slightly too-sweet taste that some types of white chocolate tend to have. Still a solid flavor though.

Haagen-Dazs Honey Salted Caramel Almond was very tasty and similar to a butter pecan flavor, with a hint of honey.

Ben and Jerry's Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles - This one was okay but was way too sweet. I wouldn't be able to eat more than a couple of scoops of this at a time.

Ben and Jerry's Moophoria Chocolate Milk & Cookies - This one was unfortunately a hard no. Texture-wise, the light ice cream is much airier than the typical Ben and Jerry's ice cream and more comparable to a regular/non-premium ice cream (not surprising as the serving size on this is 68 grams compared to Ben and Jerry's usual 100-ish grams). I didn't necessarily mind that, though the taste of both ice creams and the cookies was just off. Chocolate ice cream did not taste good at all and didn't taste like chocolate, and vanilla was bland. For the calories and taste, I'd rather just have a regular non-premium ice cream from another brand. Maybe the other light ice cream flavors are better... and/or maybe it tastes better if eaten on its own instead of along with several other premium ice creams.

Haagen-Dazs non-dairy Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge - This one was by far my favorite out of the ones I tried. It tastes very similar to Talenti's Peanut Butter Fudge Sorbetto, which is one of my absolute favorite Talenti flavors - basically like eating frozen peanut butter mixed with chocolate. Texture-wise, it's denser than Talenti's, and somehow manages to replicate the same texture as a regular Haagen-Dazs ice cream, and it's got crisp chocolate pieces in it instead of swirls of fudge like Talenti (see picture below). I prefer this flavor to Haagen-Dazs' peanut butter salted fudge ice cream, as the milk/cream creates a more muted peanut butter flavor whereas non-dairy creates a pure peanut butter flavor.

dfj41ojvbg9r.jpg

That’s a shame their lighter ice cream pint fell short of what I’d expect from Ben & Jerry’s, especially since they have more calories than Halo Top and Enlightened! Hopefully Arctic Zero’s new lineup will surprise us but I’m still not having any luck finding the new flavors :/

I went Grocery Shopping for a few things & another Giant that has more freezer space seems to be setting up for a lot of new stuff in both their organic freezers & regular.

This one looks to be setting up the Halo Top Dairy free in the organic & shifted the regular flavors to the other section. It looked like they had more labels for Arctic Zero at this one! Their labels had UPC codes & random words so it was hard at times to decipher what it was actually going to be.

In the regular section it looked like they were going to have Yasso in pints & possibly setting up for the new Haagen & Ben & Jerry's pints.

Walmart was already setting up for Easter candy.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I went to Shop Rite and didn't notice anything new ice cream-wise.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2018
    These look so good. Breyers-2-in-1-Oreo-and-Chips-Ahoy-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=457%2C600&ssl=1Breyers-2-in-1-Reeses-and-Reeses-Mini-Pieces-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=444%2C600&ssl=1

Breyers-2-in-1-Heath-and-Waffle-Cone-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=455%2C600&ssl=1
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    These look so good. Breyers-2-in-1-Oreo-and-Chips-Ahoy-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=457%2C600&ssl=1Breyers-2-in-1-Reeses-and-Reeses-Mini-Pieces-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=444%2C600&ssl=1

Breyers-2-in-1-Heath-and-Waffle-Cone-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=455%2C600&ssl=1

drool
  • Francl27
    chornak05 wrote: »

drool

It's Breyers though...
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

drool

It's Breyers though...

Ha. You could put Reeses and Reeses pieces in any ice cream and I would be in heaven.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    2bassets wrote: »
    Okay the honey mustard were good but 3 tiny pretzels in the pack.......LOL

Salted caramel was pretty good. They had a nice caramel dusting. The taste wasn’t very strong but a nice faint caramel sweetness,

The pizza were my favorite! Nice pizza coating that tasted like pizza combos. z6dpay31ysj8.jpeg
    9tq4mxz986jr.jpeg

Only 3 in a pack.......how sad....

3 pretzels in one pack?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I have no clue if this is new but this is my first time noticing it in Shoprite. Mann’s Nourish Bowls. Delicious. Surprisingly very filling and a lot inside for the calories (the southwest chipotle I had tonight was 220). Unfortunately it’s a bit more pricey than some other convenience meals, but still for what you’re getting $4.99 isn’t THAT bad. I can’t wait to try the sesame sriracha flavor and go back to try the other ones! Has anyone here tried these before? I’m curious which ones I should get next o:
    srrlz4osaxd5.jpeg
    uevphgya4dvj.jpeg
  • Francl27
    I have no clue if this is new but this is my first time noticing it in Shoprite. Mann’s Nourish Bowls. Delicious. Surprisingly very filling and a lot inside for the calories (the southwest chipotle I had tonight was 220). Unfortunately it’s a bit more pricey than some other convenience meals, but still for what you’re getting $4.99 isn’t THAT bad. I can’t wait to try the sesame sriracha flavor and go back to try the other ones! Has anyone here tried these before? I’m curious which ones I should get next o:
    srrlz4osaxd5.jpeg
    uevphgya4dvj.jpeg

I saw them but none of the flavors appealed to me :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    srrlz4osaxd5.jpeg
    uevphgya4dvj.jpeg

You find these a dollar cheaper at Aldis (at least in my area).
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    srrlz4osaxd5.jpeg
    uevphgya4dvj.jpeg

I think I've tried all of these that my local meijer store carries. I can't remember the flavors but I know they are all good. I don't remember it being that expensive though, I think more like 3.99.
  • hgycta
    I don’t live near any meijer stores but I do have Aldi’s, I’ll be sure to check it out thanks!!!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member

drool

It's Breyers though...

Yeah. Breyer's = bad.

Really? Did I miss a memo?
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Yeah. Breyer's = bad.
    Really? Did I miss a memo?

Agreed, I've always liked Breyers, maybe because I grew up eating it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Anyone in NY LA or SF??

"Celebrate this #Vday with a free pint and free delivery by using code PINTMATES from @Postmates Fresh.
    Open the Fresh Collection in the @Postmates app for a free Halo Top pint and free delivery (SF, LA, NYC only)"
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member

drool

It's Breyers though...

Yeah. Breyer's = bad.

I liked Breyer's better when it was simpler. Like when the coffee ice cream was four or five ingredients (like cream, milk, sugar, and coffee). But I don't know that I'd call it "bad".

I much prefer HD now to it though. (Not necessarily based on ingredients, but because it's more delicious.)
  • hgycta
    Saw this on Brand Eating's website. Never tried their seafood subs, and unfortunately the closest one is 30 minutes away from my house but figured someone here might get better use out of it!
    ewonl8if9hsl.png