February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I finally heard back again from Active.com and they said the premium subscription is not available to residents of IA or VT for legal reasons. They did not explain what the legal issue is specifically, and I know they have races listed here in IA. Hmm... oh well.

Odd. There was a Google App recently that would not work in IA also, had to do with privacy laws there. This might be related.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Freezing rain outside my office window right now, should make this afternoon's run interesting...
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso - We finally got rain last night while I was at agility class with Hobbes the Vizsla. Fortunately it was towards the end of class and he got all of his runs in before it got too bad. Once we got home and pretty much late into the night, it really poured, which no one was expecting. This morning when it was supposed to rain more it is bright sunshine! So that rain may now be heading your way :)
    @polskagirl01 - Have fun with that night race but be careful of the ice!
    @ddmom0811 - The inner harbor is nice but Baltimore has some notorious bad areas. May want to check your route with the hotel staff. Also if you have a chance go to the National Aquarium. It is in that area and really nice.
    @abutcher2122 - The rain was something wasn't it? Way more than they thought it would be. I have a gym membership at a close Planet Fitness ($10/mo) for just that reason - I can always go there at any time and run on the treadmill. Usually it is when it is too hot though.
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @shanaber, it actually didn’t start raining by me until about 11 and of course it stopped at 4:30 which would have been enough time to get up and out but by that time if I’m not out I won’t go. Lol. I’m not one to pay attention to the weather cuz this is SoCal and it changes so quickly. Reminds me of living in Denver where you could be bundled up for the snow at 7am and by 10 the sun is shining and the snow is about gone and then the rest of the day involves removing layers. Lol. I’ve thought about a gym memebership but ultimately it would just be a waste of money plus I don’t like working out around people. I’m a sweaty hot mess. Lol.

@HRKinchen I prefer to run outside too. I think I’ve only ran on a treadmill maybe 4 times ever and I hated it but back then I was playing basketball so running in place was boring.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Which Winter Olympic game calls me. Curling - so much strategy and finesse trying to get a 44 Pound rock to slide 105 to 135ft down the ice as it curls ( curved path ) to a location the size of a Teacup. Very physical workout for what is referred to as the front end (sweepers).

I never understood curling and what they heck they were doing.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @KatieJane83 congrats on the new toy! :D
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 I used to figure skate and curl so I'd love to do those again. The snowboard slope style looked pretty neat too.
    I am still not running, the foot/ankle are feeling better but I don't want to re-hurt it by doing something too soon. Maybe by the end of the week I'll be out running/walking again.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @KatieJane83 congrats on the new toy! :D

haha, thanks! Omg, I get so impatient for new toys to come once I finally commit to buying and ordering them :D
  • Km818818
    Km818818 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Km818818 wrote: »
    Has anyone every done one of the inflatable 5ks?

A few years back I did a Dirty Girl 5K in Alabama that had obstacles and some of them were inflatables. It was after I just started running and I did it with a couple of friends who were also beginner runners. We just had fun with it. It was in February and it ended up being a chilly day -especially going through the mud pit that was waist deep!

The is one here in Alabama in April and it seems like a good transition back into racing just to get my feet wet and dust off the cob webs lol
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

Every time I see this tag line, I think about you being a charity fund raiser. Except that's not the path to Disney World, it's the path to Boston for people who can't BQ on race results. (Alternatively, you might say I have to run a marathon fast to get to Boston because I'm no good at raising funds.)