Options
    but that addition is not correct
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    ok thank you for fixing that. 75 not 70
  • scante60
    scante60 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my math shortcomings!!! In the middle of an 8th straight day of work (only two more to go...), so the brain's not quite right at this point. As a peace offering, here is my recipe contribution. It's a little different, but I love it!

Turkey Kibbeh
    6 servings

Kibbeh

1/2 cup bulgur
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small onion, finely chopped
    1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (see Tip)
    1 1/2 pounds 93%-lean ground turkey
    1 medium zucchini, finely shredded
    2 teaspoons dried marjoram
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Yogurt sauce
    1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
    1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
    1 small tomato, diced
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 450° F. Coat an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray. Place bulgur in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in pine nuts. Drain the bulgur, pressing on it to remove any liquid. Transfer to a large bowl and add turkey, zucchini, marjoram, cumin, salt, allspice and cayenne. Gently mix until combined. Pat half the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the onion mixture, pressing it gently into the turkey layer. Cover with the rest of the turkey mixture, pressing gently into the onion layer. Cover with foil. Bake the kibbeh for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165° F, 10 to 15 minutes more. To prepare yogurt sauce & serve: While the kibbeh is baking, combine yogurt, cucumber, tomato and pepper in a small bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Cut the kibbeh into 6 squares and serve warm with the yogurt sauce.

Per serving: 296 calories; 14 g fat ( 3 g sat , 3 g mono ); 67 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 4 g fiber; 397 mg sodium; 361 mg potassium; Vitamin C (20% daily value);
  • CassandreNoreen
    CassandreNoreen Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My recipe! I'm not sure it's my FAVE, but it's something that's relatively healthy, and gives flavour to just plain-old chicken!

BAKED HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
    Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 45 Minutes
    Ready In: 1 Hour
    Servings: 6

INGREDIENTS:
    6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    salt and pepper to taste
    1/2 cup honey
    1/2 cup prepared mustard
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon dried parsley

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste, and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, basil, paprika, and parsley. Mix well. Pour 1/2 of this mixture over the chicken, and brush to cover.
    3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and brush with the remaining 1/2 of the honey mustard mixture. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Amount Per Serving (1 chicken breast)
    Calories: 232
    Total Fat: 3.7g
    Cholesterol: 67mg
    Sodium: 296mg
    Total Carbs: 24.8g
    Dietary Fiber: 1g
    Protein: 25.6g
  • prettygirl2408
    Options
    I will pledge 5miles!
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    I will pledge 5miles!

Honestyismydiet pledges 5 miles.
    wvualum pledges 5 miles.
    phawley13 pledge 5 miles.
    cncadieux pledges 5 miles.
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 10 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles

Total miles: 80 miles
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think i can do 5 as well :-)

wvualum pledges 5 miles.
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 10 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Isawau 5 miles

Total miles: 85 miles
  • Isawau
    Isawau Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is one of my favourites even when i don't make it as often but it's delish it's from the website eat shrink and be merry lol you gotta try it even when you don't like salmon!!

Heart-Smart Salmon Burgers

1-1/2 lbs (680 g) boneless, skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
    1 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (see tip below)
    1/2 cup crumbled light feta cheese (2 oz)
    1/4 cup finely minced shallots or red onions
    1 tbsp honey mustard
    1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
    1 egg
    1 tbsp minced fresh dill
    1 tsp grated lemon zest
    1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper

Place salmon chunks in a food processor. Pulse on and off until salmon is chopped into very small pieces. (If you don’t have a food processor, use a very sharp knife and mince the salmon by hand.) Transfer salmon to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well using your hands.

Form mixture into 6 patties, about 3/4 inch thick. Place patties on a large plate, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Chilling will help the patties hold their shape while cooking.)

Spray a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until salmon is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the patties, and be gentle when flipping them so they don’t fall apart. If you don’t have a high-quality (unscratched!) non-stick pan, you might want to cook the patties in a tablespoon or two of olive oil.

If desired, serve patties on small, whole wheat hamburger buns with sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and honey mustard, or top them with a spoon of low-fat tartar sauce (see recipe below) and serve with a salad.

Makes 6 servingsPer serving: 236 calories, 10.4 g total fat (2.8 g saturated fat), 26 g protein, 9 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fiber, 106 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium

Cooking TipsFresh bread crumbs are simple to make: Just break up a slice of bread (preferably whole wheat) into several smaller pieces and place in a food processor or mini chopper. Pulse on and off a few times to create fluffy soft crumbs. An average slice of bread will make about 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs. Dry, store-bought bread crumbs are more compact (and drier, of course!), so if a recipe calls for fresh crumbs and you’d rather use dry, cut the amount in half. To make low-fat tartar sauce for this and other yummy fish dishes, mix together 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise, 1 tbsp minced fresh dill, 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish, and 2 tsp each prepared horseradish and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with 10 miles too!

wvualum pledges 5 miles.
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 10 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Isawau 5 miles
    Murelzgirl 10 miles

Total miles: 95 miles
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken-This is a go to if I'm short on time. Sooo good

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 (16oz.) bottle chunky salsa
    3/4 C. Cheddar cheese
    1 (8oz) can corn

1 In a large baking dish pour a small amount of Salsa on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle some corn.
    2 Trim off any excess fat off chicken breasts and place on top of the salsa/corn mixture in the dish.
    3 Pour the remaining salsa and corn over the chicken and cover with foil.
    4 Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
    5 When done, sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and place the oven on Broil and cook, uncovered, until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.

**Note-I sometimes add black beans too, but the nutrition info is without the beans. This can also be made in a slow cooker

Servings Per Recipe: 4
    Serving Size: 1 serving

Amount Per Serving

Calories 178.1

Total Fat 7.6 g

Saturated Fat 4.6 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g

Monounsaturated Fat 2.2 g

Cholesterol 32.5 mg

Sodium 1,190.8 mg

Potassium 146.0 mg

Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g

Dietary Fiber 4.8 g

Sugars 8.0 g

Protein 10.4 g

Vitamin A 13.8 %

Vitamin B-12 4.0 %

Vitamin B-6 6.8 %

Vitamin C 6.2 %

Vitamin D 0.6 %

Vitamin E 0.8 %

Calcium 15.7 %

Copper 2.0 %

Folate 6.2 %

Iron 3.5 %

Magnesium 4.8 %

Manganese 4.0 %

Niacin 12.5 %

Pantothenic Acid 5.0 %

Phosphorus 17.0 %

Riboflavin 7.5 %

Selenium 9.1 %

Thiamin 2.1 %

Zinc 6.4 %
  • phawley13
    phawley13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well my recipe is more of a party size side dish, but I love it and I first found it when I was doing weight watchers and it was a 0 point recipe so it was something that I could have when I wanted a yummy snack or could bring to a party so I knew there was going to be something good to eat...

Low Calorie Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
    Ingredients:
    - 6 regular sized cucumbers, thinly sliced
    - 1/2 cup white vinegar
    - 1/2 cup water
    - 1/2 cup Splenda (the kind in the box for baking, not the packets)
    - 1 tsp salt
    - 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
    - 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
    - 2 tbsp sliced fresh hot red or green chilies (use more if you like it spicy!)
    Directions:
    Combine vinegar, water, spelnda and salt and boil until Splenda and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat, cool to room temp.
    In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, shallots, red onion and chilies. Add cooled vinegar mixture and toss. Enjoy!
    Serving size = 1 cup
    Nutrition Facts
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 43
    Calories from Fat 9
    Total Fat 1.0g 2%
    Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
    Sodium 3mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrates 9.0g 3%
    Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4%
    Protein 1.0g
    Vitamin A 4% • Vitamin C 11%
    Calcium 2% • Iron 4%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Oh... and I got my extra mile in this morning along with 2 miles towards the team done.
  • DelightfullyWifed
    Options
    Here is my recipe - I made it last night for the first time and LOVED it! Boyfriend and siser both also loved it and it will definitely be made again soon! Everyone loves the combination of sausage, onions and peppers so I did a little twist using chicken sausage and added it to pasta.

I posted it to recipes this morning - Chicken Sausage, Onions & Peppers with Pasta - YUMMO! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/2518956

Per Serving:
    409 Calories
    56g Carbs
    10g Fat
    22g Protein
    400mg Sodium
    5g Fiber

For an all in one dish, maybe add a small salad with vinegar or a low-fat/fat-free dressing and that is one very filling and delicous meal!!! Oh and the clean up is easy - best part! :bigsmile:
  • phawley13
    Options
    Okay I am pushing myself I know, but since the path I walk/ jog is 3 miles long I guess I should up my game. instead of my 5 mile pledge (2 of which are done) I am upping it to 10 to finish off our 100. I just have to walk the path 3 more times this week and that will cover the challenge extra mile and 10 miles for the team. so...

wvualum pledges 5 miles.
    phawley13 pledge 10 miles.
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 10 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Isawau 5 miles
    Murelzgirl 10 miles

Total miles: 100 miles
  • wvualum
    Options
    Okay I am pushing myself I know, but since the path I walk/ jog is 3 miles long I guess I should up my game. instead of my 5 mile pledge (2 of which are done) I am upping it to 10 to finish off our 100. I just have to walk the path 3 more times this week and that will cover the challenge extra mile and 10 miles for the team. so...

wvualum pledges 5 miles.
    phawley13 pledge 10 miles.
    gwynnehamer 13 miles
    scapez 10 miles
    Libs41223 10 miles
    nb9251 10 miles
    gracefullyjenn 5 miles
    scante60 7 miles
    prettygirl2408 5 miles
    Isawau 5 miles
    Murelzgirl 10 miles

Total miles: 100 miles

We still have 6 people who need to pledge some miles. Let's see how far over 100 we can get?
  • phawley13
    Options
    We still have 6 people who need to pledge some miles. Let's see how far over 100 we can get?

Well this week is to unleash the beast, so lets do this :bigsmile:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Ok team peeps - here's my recipe. I've made this like 3 or 4 times this summer, it's SO delish! Hope you get the chance to make and enjoy! :smile:

Sautéed Fresh, Wild Alaska Salmon with Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
    Source: http://tinyurl.com/3oj5svv
    Prep time: 10 mins.
    Cook time: 20 mins.

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup pomegranate juice
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup Sugar In The Raw (turbinado sugar)
    1 cup fresh blueberries
    to taste Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
    1 lb. fresh, skinless wild Alaska salmon, cut into 4 4-oz. pieces
    1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
    1 tsp. lemon zest (this is for garnish - use if you wish. I don't)

Recipe Directions:
    To make the blueberry balsamic glaze, pour the pomegranate juice, balsamic vinegar, and raw cane sugar into a large sauté pan and heat on high. Cook the mixture for 4-6 minutes, stirring constantly. Once the sauce starts to thicken, add the blueberries, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce reaches the consistency of maple syrup. Set aside. To make the salmon, season the fillets with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a separate large sauté pan over medium high heat. Place the salmon into the hot oil, skinned side up and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the fish and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Plate salmon on a serving dish and top with the blueberry balsamic glaze. Garnish with lemon zest.

MY NOTE: I have YET to get the sauce to the consistency of maple syrup. No worries if you can't either - it's still yummy!

Nutritional Information (Per serving):
    Calories 290
    Fat 11g
    Sat Fat 1.5g
    Cholesterol 60mg,
    Sodium 55mg,
    Total Carbohydrate 25g
    Fiber 1g
    Sugars 23g
    Protein 23g
    Vitamin A 2%
    Vitamin C 8%
    Calcium 2%
    Iron 6%

ENJOY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I will pledge 5miles!

You will pledge...smiles? :laugh:
  • wvualum
    Options
    Here is my recipe contribution. I love grilled pineapple. I've made many variations, this particular one I found on cookinglight.com

Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches

Ingredients
    4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Cooking spray
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
    4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
    4 (1.5-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
    Light mayonnaise (optional)

1. Prepare grill.

2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with lime juice. Grill pineapple 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.

3. Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of buns, if desired. Top each with 1 chicken breast half, 1 pineapple slice, 1 basil leaf, and 1 bun top. Serve immediately

Makes 4 servings

Nutritional Information

Amount per serving

Calories: 333
    Calories from fat: 11%
    Fat: 4g
    Saturated fat: 0.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 43.4g
    Carbohydrate: 30.5g
    Fiber: 4.1g
    Cholesterol: 99mg
    Iron: 2.5mg
    Sodium: 608mg
    Calcium: 75mg
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Sorry, 13 is the most I can solidly commit to. I may do more, but I don't want to make promises I may not be able to keep.
  • phawley13
    Options
    Here is my recipe contribution. I love grilled pineapple. I've made many variations, this particular one I found on cookinglight.com

Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Sandwiches

Ingredients
    4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Cooking spray
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
    4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices fresh pineapple
    4 (1.5-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
    Light mayonnaise (optional)

1. Prepare grill.

2. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until done, brushing occasionally with lime juice. Grill pineapple 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned.

3. Spread mayonnaise on bottom halves of buns, if desired. Top each with 1 chicken breast half, 1 pineapple slice, 1 basil leaf, and 1 bun top. Serve immediately

Makes 4 servings

Nutritional Information

Amount per serving

Calories: 333
    Calories from fat: 11%
    Fat: 4g
    Saturated fat: 0.9g
    Monounsaturated fat: 1g
    Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
    Protein: 43.4g
    Carbohydrate: 30.5g
    Fiber: 4.1g
    Cholesterol: 99mg
    Iron: 2.5mg
    Sodium: 608mg
    Calcium: 75mg

That sounds so good, and I love pineapple, though I would get rid of the mayo (just not a huge fan) I might find a substitute but I am going to try this soon