Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Replies

• ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2018
    @eddie_fields So honest. How wonderful to include your son in those walks or teach him golf. You're teaching him another way to be.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I am curious. What is everyone's triggers to drink?

Mine is socializing

What are your triggers?
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I had a really down day yesterday. Work has been beyond busy and taking too much of my personal time, and I just had a general feeling of sadness.
    I managed well. Went to the gym, no unhealthy food or drink.
    Something I noticed last month and is standing out more. On stressful days I dont have urges to go for the bottle too often, so that’s a win. But I really notice that I just want to eat everything in the house or go get some food that is terrible for me. So that is a whole other thing I guess I need to keep working on

Good work Eric
  • samanthaholze
    samanthaholze Posts: 4 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am curious. What is everyone's triggers to drink?

Mine is socializing

What are your triggers?

Definitely socializing, though in the past distraction from a stressful job has also been a thing for me. My friends drink. A lot.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    My triggers are definitely cooking (but dry Jan really helped revise that habit!) and FOMO - like not wanting to miss out on socializing. But anxiety is also a trigger. I am working on that one and it’s been helpful to find new ways to relax without numbing out.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    2nd night in Dublin not as successful from a moderation perspective. Had a chance to end my night at a decent time after 2 glasses of wine but got pulled into a long conversation that led to another glass of wine, and then one more at the lobby bar after dinner before calling it a night. I’m still counting some small victories - I spread out the consumption over about 5 hours so it was less than a glass per hour, I remembered to drink water with each glass of wine, and when I got back to my room my cheeks weren’t flushed, I didn’t feel drunk, I didn’t have any concerns that I couldn’t remember conversations.

Feeling tired today and had a slight headache but probably as much to do with jet lag and lingering head cold as the drinking.

Tonight is an awards dinner which always leads to constant filling of the wine glass... followed by dj and dancing. Am really hoping to skip that part as I have to give a presentation tomorrow morning and want to be fresh and focused for that then Flying home tomorrow. Ready to get back into my time zone and routine - eating, exercising, and sleeping.

Good for you! I am quite certain that a business trip like this would present a challenge for me. Congrats on the small victories. I can certainly relate. As I mentioned earlier, I feel some sort of disappointment in myself that I have gone over on my target here and there. But at the same time, I am happy with the progress that I have made in being able to space out my drinks, drink water and not over do it. Not drinking enough to be hungover or have any memory lapses has been a pretty big victory for me.