Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Thanku everyone, very helpful and supportive.

The other question is, what else other than alcohol will give that "buzz", or " let your hair down" , relaxed feel..?

This is a bit scary bcoz.. for some families this is what is their main or one of thier " hold together".

:/:|:#

Its really sad bcoz there not that real love and respect bteen them.

Weed!!! :p

Haahaa,.. then we'll have to start a ' less weed' thread
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Day 8 and loving it, I'm sleeping so well! Unfortunately, I had hoped it would help with the vertigo I've been experiencing, but apparently not - that's still there in full force.

When I had the vertigo badly I had the same hope. Sorry it's not helping your either.

@Sabine_Stroehm did you eventually find a cause/treatment? I've been being treated for a neck injury which may have caused a significant portion of it (landed on my head and compacted my skull into my C1, which was mushing my blood vessels and spinal fluid flow) but it only helps so much. I'm not useless anymore, but its far from gone.
    Ouch, that does NOT sound good.
    In my case, if fairly well resolved as I transitioned through menopause and started estrogen/progesterone. I suspect it fluctuating estrogen in my case as it came and went.

I do have some compression in my C3, and I did have some treatments for BPV, but really do think it was hormones.

Hope you find relief!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

The other question is, what else other than alcohol will give that "buzz", or " let your hair down" , relaxed feel..?

This is a bit scary bcoz.. for some families this is what is their main or one of thier " hold together".

:/:|:#

Its really sad bcoz there not that real love and respect bteen them.

Weed!!! :p

Haahaa,.. then we'll have to start a ' less weed' thread

Or less munchies thread!
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

Nothing legal :wink:
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    erikNJ, did you see Jason Kelce's speech on the Art Museum steps? Priceless! Pretty sure he was lit up a little. Let me know if you need a link.

After I posted that, I realized it must have been all over Philly tv and radio yesterday, last night and this morning. I've been listening to WIP (I'm in TX) for the last month, I wish I had listened this morning to hear about their take on the parade.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    The balls were inflated in that game, true story
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I think I've found my people. Can I join? Alcohol has played a huge part in gaining back most of the weight I lost a few years ago.

I'm a 40 year old female who needs to drastically cut back on the beer and wine and lose 30lbs. I started cutting back on Monday. I'm feeling pretty good now but I know how easy it is for me to fall off the wagon.

Feel free to friend me--I have no friends! I used to be a member here for years but I was unable to login under that account so I thought I would just start a brand new one--fresh start.

Welcome!!! Friend request on the way!!!

dbanks80
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Friday night for me and I am working on a project for my job great way to stay sober LOL!!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Friday night? No problem! Another night in the books.

I was *tempted* but more out of "habit" than anything else (and because my husband is in a bad mood), but there was none in the house, and that made it pretty easy.

<3
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    The balls were inflated in that game, true story

Some were deflated afterwards. :D