Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    Arrggh. Really struggling today. My plan was to drink only Fri-Sun. Made it through V Day with a delightful beach picnic and some fake chardonnay from Trader Joe's (pretty hideous). But today just had a stressful, 12-hour+ day at work and absolutely chugged a glass of chardonnay just now. It's not that I drank that much but I had a plan and blew it. I'm trying not to be too mad at myself, but think it's time for a cup of Sleepytime tea and some chilling out in front of the tube, LOL. This was the first time I've done stress drinking since maybe mid-December. I don't want to fall back into old habits. Really pretty disappointed in myself. Great to have this group to moan and groan to!

I know the first thing we want to do is get mad at ourselves when we make a mistake, but you traded in the wine glass for a teacup, so that's a win!

I'm afraid I feel a craving coming on for the weekend, and I'm fighting it. I'm trying to stay busy and come here to talk, and read everyone's experience and how we're all dealing with things. I'm going to bed early tonight.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Arrggh. Really struggling today. My plan was to drink only Fri-Sun. Made it through V Day with a delightful beach picnic and some fake chardonnay from Trader Joe's (pretty hideous). But today just had a stressful, 12-hour+ day at work and absolutely chugged a glass of chardonnay just now. It's not that I drank that much but I had a plan and blew it. I'm trying not to be too mad at myself, but think it's time for a cup of Sleepytime tea and some chilling out in front of the tube, LOL. This was the first time I've done stress drinking since maybe mid-December. I don't want to fall back into old habits. Really pretty disappointed in myself. Great to have this group to moan and groan to!

It’s great that you traded for the tea. And coming here to vent really helps.
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Hey GF it is ok, well I say that because I also had a stressful day and some tough personal issues coming up. My goal since Jan 1 was to cut back from drinking every freaking day. I did it. 6 times in Jan and 3 times in Feb. My goal was 5 times in Feb and down from there. I allowed stupid things deter me. So we both stopped in our tracks and we are on tea, hopefully I won't feel bad in the AM, I am sure I am not use to it. So we continue this battle and move forward. Let's not be disappointed and learn those triggers and move on.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options

Don't worry- that's how it goes sometimes. I smiled when you said you chugged the wine:). I've often thought about that too! One glass, no big deal. Drink your tea and relax. Go easy on yourself as you would to one of us on the thread. Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    machchic wrote: »

Hey GF it is ok, well I say that because I also had a stressful day and some tough personal issues coming up. My goal since Jan 1 was to cut back from drinking every freaking day. I did it. 6 times in Jan and 3 times in Feb. My goal was 5 times in Feb and down from there. I allowed stupid things deter me. So we both stopped in our tracks and we are on tea, hopefully I won't feel bad in the AM, I am sure I am not use to it. So we continue this battle and move forward. Let's not be disappointed and learn those triggers and move on.

You made some great gains. You've limited your alcohol and reached your goals for the month. I would imagine many of us are deep feelers and things affect us greatly to the core. Just take one minute at a time. Keep chugging the tea. Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I had a nice win tonight. I had a company event after work (for those new here I work for a beer wholesaler, so drinking events are many and sometimes tough to attend)
    There was free Guinness, one of my favorites, and hard seltzer. And free pizza. God I wanted pizza ...
    I had nothing. No drinks. No pizza. Came home to a home cooked meal by my wife :)

That's tremendous self control ! Wow- so proud of you.
  • RubyRed427
    Options

I know the first thing we want to do is get mad at ourselves when we make a mistake, but you traded in the wine glass for a teacup, so that's a win!

I'm afraid I feel a craving coming on for the weekend, and I'm fighting it. I'm trying to stay busy and come here to talk, and read everyone's experience and how we're all dealing with things. I'm going to bed early tonight.

Yes, plan ahead. Read the thread. Watch some videos or read some blogs. And find other ways to nourish yourself. Stay strong! Xo
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I had a nice win tonight. I had a company event after work (for those new here I work for a beer wholesaler, so drinking events are many and sometimes tough to attend)
    There was free Guinness, one of my favorites, and hard seltzer. And free pizza. God I wanted pizza ...
    I had nothing. No drinks. No pizza. Came home to a home cooked meal by my wife :)

Win and Win!!!! Great for you!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Evening Pals, hope everyone is staying strong and enjoying the clarity of mind :)

How are you doing?