How often do you weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Andrilla87 wrote: »
    WOAH!!! The majority of you said to weigh every day and I am very glad I did! Apparently my scale decided to go a little crazy this morning saying that I had lost 20 lbs over night. I wish...so I made sure it wasn't on the edge of the rug, re-calibrated it, and checked again. I actually had gained .2 lbs, which is much more reasonable. I checked it a few times afterwards, gave me the exact same reading, but I'm going to pay more attention from now on and probably check my weight twice each morning to make sure my scale isn't going crazy again.

Also, a few people mentioned "happy scale" where would I find that?

Exactly :p Learn to find comfort in knowing your body and its fluctuations. Its empowering to know tht stuff - and you wont get over excited or heart broken if something off happens :p
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I set days to weigh as mini goals and in between just do what I have to do.
  • EatingAndKnitting
    EatingAndKnitting Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Andrilla87 wrote: »
    WOAH!!! The majority of you said to weigh every day and I am very glad I did! Apparently my scale decided to go a little crazy this morning saying that I had lost 20 lbs over night. I wish...so I made sure it wasn't on the edge of the rug, re-calibrated it, and checked again. I actually had gained .2 lbs, which is much more reasonable. I checked it a few times afterwards, gave me the exact same reading, but I'm going to pay more attention from now on and probably check my weight twice each morning to make sure my scale isn't going crazy again.

Also, a few people mentioned "happy scale" where would I find that?

In the App store if you have an iPhone. If your have an Android look in the Google play store for Libra. Or use trendweight.com.
  • onthefitdisc
    onthefitdisc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started using Happy Scale daily about ten days ago. It was really fun at first, then I noticed I have a habit of days long plateaus. As I'm just starting to weigh daily, it definitely is a mind game. I feel like I've been stalled forever, but then have to come back to reality and know that a week ago I dropped a significant amount. What's hard at the moment is that Happy Scale still shows my "moving average" as a pound less than where I am today, I think due to that significant drop last week. It's frustrating and makes me feel like my actual loss is too slow. I think once I get more readings (a month of daily) it will be easier to adjust to, and overall I think daily weigh ins are positive for me. I was getting waaay to caught up about what would happen on Saturdays.
  • djm206
    djm206 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every morning.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every time I am at the gym, so 5 days a week here. I wasn't a fan of doing that at first but now it helps me understand what foods or drinks have an effect on my body. Plus I'm learning all about normal fluctuations and when they tend to occur for me. I thought daily weigh ins would make me obsessed with the number but it's actually done the opposite. I don't stress it nearly as much!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using happy scale and weighing myself every day, unless I forget. It’s somewhat interesting.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    So I weigh myself everyday, but I only log my weight every Monday morning, if there is a weight loss. How often do you guys log your weight?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Around 4-7 times a week. I log it into my Libra to track my progress.
  • Kst76
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

Ok, so if you weigh yourself 2 times in a day, you only log the 1 time..right?
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »

Ok, so if you weigh yourself 2 times in a day, you only log the 1 time..right?

Sorry, I should've specified. Only once per day, always first thing in the morning (after a bathroom visit). Sometimes I do it every day of the week, sometimes only a few.
  • AnneLSam
    AnneLSam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself first thing in the morning on Friday and am only logging if I lose weight. I am considering changing to weighing and logging daily but I really like seeing the downward graph line! :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday at the same time everyday. I only update MyFitnessPal once a week but I put my daily weights into my Libra app
  • Kst76
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I weigh myself everyday at the same time everyday. I only update MyFitnessPal once a week but I put my daily weights into my Libra app

You know, I think I'm going to do that as well. Only update MFP once a week, but log my weight in Libra everyday.
    I need to download it first. Step 1!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Definitely daily. I like to see the fluctuations and trends as well. I bought a Nokia scale and it updates to the app, I have it connected to another app, my weight, which I love. It gives you lots of information on BMI and calories too. I find it very motivating also, if it's up or down, either way it motivates me to try harder or keep going. I like to see the graph and know what causes fluctuations and I find it helps to not cause panic with the fluctuations. I log my weight here on Sunday mornings.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Daily and I use trendweight to track fluctuations
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Everyday here.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Daily and track on android app Libra
  • change4char
    change4char Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use a weight guru scale, so I try to weigh every morning. It shows graphs and averages. For example, in January I averaged 126.9 lbs and in February I'm averaging 124. I really suggest using any app with weight graphs and averages! If anyone is interested in a new scale, I recommend the weight gurus bluetooth scale. It will sync multiples days at a time if you forget to log it or connect.