New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    chornak05 wrote: »
    These look so good. Breyers-2-in-1-Oreo-and-Chips-Ahoy-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=457%2C600&ssl=1Breyers-2-in-1-Reeses-and-Reeses-Mini-Pieces-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=444%2C600&ssl=1

Breyers-2-in-1-Heath-and-Waffle-Cone-Frozen-Dairy-Dessert.jpg?resize=455%2C600&ssl=1

drool

It's Breyers though...

I still might give the Oreos & Chips Ahoy a try.

Breyers is definitely not my favorite by a long shot, but I did like their Golden Oreo ice cream.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Betty-Crocker-Rainbow-Chip-Cake-Mug-Treats.jpg?resize=598%2C525&ssl=1
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

I saw those a few times and I'm a bit curious, but 400 calories for packaged cake... just no, lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

I saw those a few times and I'm a bit curious, but 400 calories for packaged cake... just no, lol.

I'm thinking it's higher calorie cause of the icing.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    qblgvolxmxle.jpg

Anybody want to give buffbake a try they have a valentines sampler kit for 29.99 and $5 coupon plus free shipping!

includes
    6 Protein Cookies (1 Birthday Cake, 1 Double Chocolate, 1 Peanut Butter Cup, 1 White Chocolate, 1 Classic Chocolate Chip, 1 Chocolate Donut)
    1 13oz Jar of White Chocolate Peanut Butter
    3 Protein Sandwich Cookies (1 Double Chocolate, 1 Snickerdoodle, 1 Peanut Butter Cup)
    1 Buff Bake Shaker Cup

Ok. I bought this. I want my money back. :'( I hadn't tried anything Buff Bakes before. I threw the "peanut butter" in the trash. That stuff was nasty and more calories than real peanut butter. I'll stick with the real thing.
    The only thing I've liked so far was the snickerdoodle sandwich cookies, and they weren't that amazing, just kinda tasty. The double chocolate protein cookies had a weird chewiness to it, plus not great taste. My son has had two of the protein cookies, chocolate chip and peanut butter cup, I think. He seemed to like them, but he's 13, what does he know? LOL

same all the reviews about buffbake I thought it would be amazing its slightly depressing.. the peanut butter i can stomach as well as the sandwhich cookies dipped in almond milk but those god awful soft cookies !
  • Francl27
    I finally tried this. It had been sitting in my fridge for a couple weeks. Really tart/sour for a flavored yogurt. And I don't detect any cherry flavor, at all. I had to mix in a little protein powder (what I had on hand at work) just to finish it. I won't be buying this again. (And I use plain greek yogurt pretty much every day.)

fsh7e9zzpvdc.jpg

I like Siggi's but I've never tried this flavor. But yes, icelandic yogurt is definitely not as sweet as other brands (which for me doesn't make it as satisfying).
  • Francl27
    hgycta wrote: »
    Yasso is jumping on the bandwagon, but like Ben & Jerry's the new "low calorie" pints are still pretty high compared to Halo Top and Enlightened. I enjoy sitting down with an entire pint per sitting so anything higher than 400 is too much for me personally and not really worth splurging on.
    h09t8nji77qt.png

Yasso had no taste whatsoever for me in bar form (apart from the fudge bars) so I'm definitely going to pass on that!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Yasso is jumping on the bandwagon, but like Ben & Jerry's the new "low calorie" pints are still pretty high compared to Halo Top and Enlightened. I enjoy sitting down with an entire pint per sitting so anything higher than 400 is too much for me personally and not really worth splurging on.
    h09t8nji77qt.png

Yummy!!! I will totally buy these.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    h09t8nji77qt.png

Yasso had no taste whatsoever for me in bar form (apart from the fudge bars) so I'm definitely going to pass on that!

I've only had their mint bar and also found it bland. But that being said, I'm not at all an ice cream bar person and much prefer pints. Even Enlightened's ice cream bars don't do it for me, yet I'm completely obsessed with the pints. I think it's a good idea they're doing pints, it's just a shame they're going through all that effort to not even be really that low of calorie.
    I'm still keeping an eye out for those new Arctic Zero, Enlightened, and Talenti pints, however. I went to Shoprite and they printed out a $2.00 off coupon exclusively for the lower sugar Talenti pints, yet they didn't have them anywhere for sale go figure... hopefully soon *sighs* >.<
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited February 2018
    h09t8nji77qt.png

I've only had their mint bar and also found it bland. But that being said, I'm not at all an ice cream bar person and much prefer pints. Even Enlightened's ice cream bars don't do it for me, yet I'm completely obsessed with the pints. I think it's a good idea they're doing pints, it's just a shame they're going through all that effort to not even be really that low of calorie.
    I'm still keeping an eye out for those new Arctic Zero, Enlightened, and Talenti pints, however. I went to Shoprite and they printed out a $2.00 off coupon exclusively for the lower sugar Talenti pints, yet they didn't have them anywhere for sale go figure... hopefully soon *sighs* >.<

I checked at another Giant & still only found the same two Arctic Zero flavors. Maybe you'll get more selection at Shoprite. Giant has had the Talenti pints & recently got in the Ben & Jerry, Yasso, & Pro-Yo pints.

They finally had two flavors of the International Delight & I bought one of the Vanilla that you guys gave a great review. It was definitely really sweet, but very tasty nonetheless.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    h09t8nji77qt.png

Which enlightened did you like better again? Was it peanut butter chocolate chip or chocolate peanut butter? (I sent you a message not sure if you got it.) I bought chocolate peanut butter and it was pretty good.
  • hgycta
    h09t8nji77qt.png

I checked at another Giant & still only found the same two Arctic Zero flavors. Maybe you'll get more selection at Shoprite. Giant has had the Talenti pints & recently got in the Ben & Jerry, Yasso, & Pro-Yo pints.

They finally had two flavors of the International Delight & I bought one of the Vanilla that you guys gave a great review. It was definitely really sweet, but very tasty nonetheless.

I ONLY really shop for ice cream at Shoprite since their selection is normally the greatest around where I live, but I'll have to check out Giant because I keep hearing better things about them carrying more (it's just a shame they don't have as good as sales, nothing beats the $2.88/pint sale Shoprite has)!
    h09t8nji77qt.png

Which enlightened did you like better again? Was it peanut butter chocolate chip or chocolate peanut butter? (I sent you a message not sure if you got it.) I bought chocolate peanut butter and it was pretty good.

I never get notifications for some reason, sorry! And the chocolate peanut butter is 1000000x better in my opinion! The peanut butter chocolate chip has admittedly grown on me a lot, but there's absolutely no comparison. The chocolate peanut butter has chunks upon CHUNKS of peanut butter, and it's the only thing that can really fully satisfy my craving without having me sit down with a tub of JIF or demolishing Reese's one after another. The Halo Top peanut butter is way too subtle for me so Enlightened's version was a lifesaver reminding me of Turkey Hill's chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream.
    Apparently the BJ's Wholesale Club near me sells Enlightened's chocolate peanut butter pints now... I need to go and check the prices on those ASAP.
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Broghies, which are like puffed wheat crackers. I have been experimenting with different toppings - scrambled eggs, tuna and cucumber mayo, melted cheese with garlic, chicken caesar salad, nutella chocolate spread. Dipped them in chicken soup too. Very versatile and just 19 calories, 4 g of carbs and 0 g of fat and sugar!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    AMC110 wrote: »
    Broghies, which are like puffed wheat crackers. I have been experimenting with different toppings - scrambled eggs, tuna and cucumber mayo, melted cheese with garlic, chicken caesar salad, nutella chocolate spread. Dipped them in chicken soup too. Very versatile and just 19 calories, 4 g of carbs and 0 g of fat and sugar!

I've found chocolate-drizzled broghies at the Asian food market: very tasty! I wouldn't mind finding some plain ones as a base layer for other foods.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    If there's two flavors that are underrepresented by companies, it's cotton candy and carrot cake. Thank goodness Little Debbie solved one of those problems for us. I NEED to try these! (CandyHunting posted them on Instagram, they were spotted at Woodman's, which I don't live near but I'm sure Walmart will get them in, they have Walmart written all over them)
    q6e0ouzvc3ls.png

These are definitely at Walmart.
  • hgycta
    To my surprise I actually think I liked the southwest chipotle bowl more by this company. This one was more calories (but still only 340 for the bowl), but there wasn’t as much rice as I had hoped for and without much to balance it out the spice was a lot stronger than I’m used to, making it a little hard to enjoy. I don’t see it in the ingredients but it feels like I’m eating a bowl of bean sprouts steamed with sauce, which is weird and not very satisfying. Maybe it’s better if you add some sort of meat (and more rice), but on its own it’s weak compared to the other bowl which was much more well rounded with the salsa and cheese packet. Glad this wasn’t my first experience with Mann’s bowls or else I wouldn’t have given it another chance for $4.99.
    6/10. Flavorful dish, just not worthy enough to replace a meal.
    a2odccdt5w51.jpeg
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Cornichons with chillies from Tesco (this is in the UK), very low in calories, very spicy. Hit the spot when you fancy something savoury