The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 52 and from Canada. Looking forward to meeting some new friends.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Can you add "60 and 70s" to the name of the group so those in their 50's don't feel like we are the oldest?

:laugh:
    Annnd still 43.. going on 34 lol
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi there, 44 from the UK
  • Michaelfranklin999
    Options
    I'm 51, from Florida. I am doing keto. Down 28lbs since October. Goal is to maybe lose 12 more. Not sure as I'm trying to build muscle at the same time.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Can you add "60 and 70s" to the name of the group so those in their 50's don't feel like we are the oldest?

Interesting thought, but I guess we just have to face reality!! :)
  • sarahlockhartragland
    sarahlockhartragland Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hello I’m a 38 year old mother of three decided to try to have our last baby about 8mths ago i removed my iUD and now i have irregular cycles and have put on about 10lbs i have high blood pressure as well. I want to be healthy while losing weight and helping my body regulate so i can get pregnant in the next few months.

I have been told about the Keto diet and would love to learn more and have a support team. I’m a full time nursing student after deciding to make a career change so i looking for simplicity in eating as my time is consumed with studies,Clinicals, and being a mother and wife.
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

Think of us in the 50's as the wisest
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    shele62 wrote: »

Think of us in the 50's as the wisest

Yup. Older and wiser. Nothing to be ashamed of.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I’m looking for friends, I’m 59, I’ll be 60 this year, and I’m back at MFP in the same acct! Feel free to add me!! I do a lot of Just Dance in case anyone else is doing that too!
  • Dreamer5220
    Dreamer5220 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Need a few friends for support. I’m 49. Please add me. Thanks!
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Keef75 wrote: »
    I am stuck at 83kg, I would like to get to 80kg by July and lower my body fat/visceral fat but proving a mission

Not an expert, but at 83, you are probably not to high on bf anyway. (If I were at 83 (bmi 25) and had the same amount of muscles, I would be at 10% bf). So there are two ways to lower body fat: loose fat OR build muscles. Put on to kg muscles, and bf will sink.
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    36 and counting! Just had a friends clearout so always looking for active friends. Open diary - daily logger. Add me.
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Had to put on a belt today. It's the small things in life that is motivating.
    Just skipped my girl of to her mother for a week, and trying to find motivation to work...coffee really helps
  • Christy42177
    Christy42177 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Starting today! Feel free to add me :)
  • Beenreborn74
    Beenreborn74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If this thread is still going, right smack dab in the middle of middle age :smiley:
  • jennlea30
    jennlea30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, always looking for support and motivators. feel free to add me
  • glacierlilly
    glacierlilly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    46 - looking for social and support as well.
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Long time MFP'er. I go by T short for Tammy. I just turned 41, 11 days ago. I joined MFP When I was 35 years old. I noit only met but far exceeded my initial goals. However like a lot of people, due to life's circumstances, I got off track. I'm back and looking for new motivational friends! Please feel free to add!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Welcome and Hello everyone. Happy Monday :)