WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR FEBRUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Kelly ... Joaquin ... so sweet! Loved the sleeping photo with his hair brushed up!!

Marcelyn... the photos are great of all the kids... but you know the photo I was drawn to the most? The last one ... with the crying baby, and his very solemn siblings ... precious memories! My mom always said to not sweat photos. None of us was particularly photogenic and what the camera "saw" was who we were at that time.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :) Yesterday's beautiful snow turned into horrible ice on the streets in 29 degree weather this morning. I waited til it started to get light outside and used the time to ride my exercise bike and watch the rest of the figure skating I recorded last night. My walk was in the big field behind our house...not as interesting as walking the neighborhood but safe and I got to see the sunrise and walk over 10,000 steps by 8 AM. Then we picked up the dogs so our family is together again.

<3 Barbie
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wendy I am even angrier at your husband. That was a hostile act.

Rita Glad I could be of a little help. I can do anything for one day. I just tell myself I won't actually starve to death if I don't eat whatever is calling my name, and force myself through it. The next day I feel much less desperate about food and better emotionally. I punish myself with food, even though at the time it feels comforting. It's so confusing.

Kelly Yes, I agree - a man must have invented the tankless heater that requires a tank - and

be still my heart <3<3<3Joaquin <3<3<3 !!!

Marcelyn That last photo is a keeper. Such a cute bunch of grandkids. We have 3 so far, one more due in April, and hoping for 2 more! Six would be plenty for me, I already feel totally grammified.

We now have hot water. I am going to go take a wonderful hot shower.

Karen in Virginia
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    War, casulties and bloodshed has been averted. DH has promised to move pallets tonight after office work. They were stacked in my arena by a new business partner who hasn't been told the new rules yet: Stay the Frick out of my arena!

This is a drawback of running a business from our home base. Partners and employees coming and going 24/7 parking vehicles in my way (behind me so I can't even leave) and worst of all, lazily leaving my driveway gate open which endangers my horses. Guys staying after work to drink until late at night... They are always driving through my paddocks as there are hives in nearly every paddock, and sometimes they let the horses out or let them get through the gates into the wrong paddock. SIGH.

Okay, rant over. Time to gear up and go out and count queens. <3 Wendy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did some HIIT today. The plan for tomorrow is that I'll probably go on the elliptical some and then take the power Hour class.

Our friends just left. The hubby had a good time at the race and we had a good time playing. I'm so glad to be back to fairly healthy eating. I do plan to lay out by the pool today.

Let's see, tomorrow after exercise I need to stop at Publix. I'm hoping to have time to lay out by the pool tomorrow before we go up to see my cousin.

andrea - welcome!

We need to remove the garbage disposal, which is what Vince is starting to do right now. It never worked anyway and water was backing up into the sink when I ran the dishwasher.

Allie - that's probably the island they were talking about. I'm glad, tho, that they aren't going but that they got a good night's sleep. Can you imagine getting to bed at 11 and then leaving at 4 (which means you'll have to get up earlier to get ready)

lisa - fantatic that you didn't gain much over the weekend! So glad you and Cory had time just for you two. hope I didn't gain too much yesterday. I admit that I did overeat some trying to settle my stomach.

Went to the SPCA thrift store. Among other things, guess what I got????? Actually, they have this thing where for a one time donation of $5 (really, not much) everything in the store is 1/2price. It's good indefinitely. Today alone i saved $4 so it's going to be worth it. Then I went to another thrift store, Vince wasn't crazy about this one painting but I liked it so i bought it. It was only $5 anyway and in the worst case we can always redonate it. But we kept it. Then went to Sav-A-Lot (not sure if you really save anything or not) to get Vince bread and I got some bananas since they were on sale. Also filled up on gas. Thought about it and I really should pay the cash price and get the gas for less

Karen in VA - hope you get your hot water back soon. It's no fun and really difficult to wash dishes. Then again, on the bright side...what better excuse not to wash the dishes???

Running - welcome!

KJ - Joaquins parents better watch out when he's older. Does his father maybe have a gun?...lol They're going to have to fight the girls off.

Marcelyn - what lovely photos

Wendy - love what you texted dh. Now JUST DO IT!

Michele where it is quite windy when I went to the pool earlier
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    We went to the local Mexican restaurant yesterday and it did not look open; but, I got out to double-check and to my surprise the door was unlocked and the phone was ringing. We rode around the building and no other cars around. We pulled over and waited about 10 minutes to wait and see if they opened. It was about 5:00 and they are usually open at 4:00 When they, didn't we went to Subway, with me asking Louis the entire time if we needed to call the police. They could have been in there tied up, hurt, or worse. He said there was usually a policeman parked under the sign at the mall and he would tell them about it. Policewoman agreed that it was strange and she'd go check, she knew Ernesto and if nothing looked out of place she'd call him and wait until he got there. l'm sure if anything was wrong, Trey will know about it. he knew when his brother got killed in Atlanta n a drug deal gone bad. Trey is our source of information about what's going on, who's died, who's sick and why, who's getting a divorce, or having a baby, and so many other things. LOL!!!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Barbie - Wasn't the Canadian ice skaters fabulous????? WOW!!! I have recorded all the days where they have figure skating and fast forward through all the rest. I get a real kick to see what that former ice skater who is doing the commentary is wearing and his hair style.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    ////
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Oh! and for my fellow British TV lovers - Got home in time to eat a little dinner and retreat upstairs, and just to unwind, started a one-season series called "William & Mary," starring Martin Clunes. You'll know him if you ever watched "Doc Martin." We stayed up 'til midnight watching every episode, getting totally hooked from the first. Woke up speaking with combined British/Scottish accent in my head, I swear. It was wonderful.

Lisa

Ohh I loved Doc Martin!!! Prudence had the intro movie, and got me hooked!
    Becca
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Gung Hay Fat Choy to All. Happy Chinese New Year. It is the year of the dog. :-)

Betsy, visiting in Arizona where we've had 4 days of rain...and everything smells so fresh.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn - gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing.

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Jean welcome!

:heart: Margaret