JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Yes, the cutting of the cord is probably similar to my opportunity in watching the baby...just a connection there that I didn't have with the others.

Well, I certainly didn't mind the last stinky diaper...I was mindful that these were the last of the cuddles and snuggles with a wee one, the last nursing, the last bath time in the kitchen sink, the last lullaby, etc. I've enjoyed each season of Mom-hood, including the one I'm in now. I'm always a mom but these days I get almost giddy when one of the children calls asking for advice or help,etc., lol! "I'm needed! I'm still needed!!!"
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    UPDATE: (no she’s not here yet)

Got my induction brought forward! So instead of Next Thursday on the 1st March I’m actually having her this Sunday! :

Gosh how Exciting!! :grin:
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Sorry to hear that, I'm glad you're looking after yourself.

• toaljasa
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Yes, the cutting of the cord is probably similar to my opportunity in watching the baby...just a connection there that I didn't have with the others.

Well, I certainly didn't mind the last stinky diaper...I was mindful that these were the last of the cuddles and snuggles with a wee one, the last nursing, the last bath time in the kitchen sink, the last lullaby, etc. I've enjoyed each season of Mom-hood, including the one I'm in now. I'm always a mom but these days I get almost giddy when one of the children calls asking for advice or help,etc., lol! "I'm needed! I'm still needed!!!"

Yeah I do agree. You don’t miss all the stinky, hard times but all the nice stuff like cuddles and the last shared bath and stuff!

Haha we’ll always be needed :tongue:

I can’t believe that I’m gonna be wiping 4 butts (including my own!) :sweat_smile:
    Really need to get my 4 yo to do it herself, she has a couple of times but prefers me to do it...
    I think she finds it funny because it stinks haha

Well when her bum gets numb from sitting on the potty waiting, waiting, waiting, on you to come and wipe, she will probably get fed up and do it herself, lol!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    AlainaKayy wrote: »
    AlainaKayy wrote: »

Yesterdays goals:

*Bed by 9:30 -Yup
    *Drink at least 60oz of water -No, only drank one bottle of water yesterday, first time in 2 weeks I haven't had atleast 3
    *Do some sort of physical activity tonight -No, my knee was being weird last night
    *Please take more then 2k steps, yesterday was embarassing -Finished at ~4k
    *No alcohol tonight -So proud of you, 2 days in a row.
    *Take vitamins -Not sure how, but I forgot.

Great for you!!! You had a good day.

The thing I remind myself about alcohol is that even if the drinks are low calorie, they cause me to lower my guard and eat amounts and stuff I normally would not, due to them not fitting on the log amount. Then I go through the self-suffering and berating and condemnation. It's like I just sabotaged myself!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options

Yeah I do agree. You don’t miss all the stinky, hard times but all the nice stuff like cuddles and the last shared bath and stuff!

Haha we’ll always be needed :tongue:

I can’t believe that I’m gonna be wiping 4 butts (including my own!) :sweat_smile:
    Really need to get my 4 yo to do it herself, she has a couple of times but prefers me to do it...
    I think she finds it funny because it stinks haha

Well when her bum gets numb from sitting on the potty waiting, waiting, waiting, on you to come and wipe, she will probably get fed up and do it herself, lol!!!

She uses the toilet!!
    And she doesn’t even use a child seat anymore!
    She didn’t take to the potty that much, she did use it but oreferred the toilet which obviously at the time was amazing progress, I was very proud how quick she learned.
    Yet she still won’t wipe her own butt :lol:

Although it’s just occurred to me she’s gonna have to do it by September because she starts school!
    Last hurdle to get her fully independent on that!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Oh! The DH and I just got home from a little lunch date. We stopped by our local(and awesome) pizza joint and had a few slices. It's been a while since we've had pizza(or gone out) and it was really nice. Kind of terrible on my waistline, but it will probably be fine. I have some exercise things to put in and I'm going to do some things outside today(It's 75F out!!!!!). And dinner is going to be a relatively low-calorie affair. Lol. It was nice to get out of the house with the DH and spend some time together. We played catch in the driveway last night as well! It was really fun! I haven't thrown a baseball/softball in probably 15 years. I quickly got back into the swing of things though. The DH is waaaay better than me. But it was still a blast! I want to do it again tonight but his arm hurts so maybe not. Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 I love that geeky response! I'm a total Potterhead! But yeah that makes a lot of sense. I know that he won't be. I just know. But he has a little trepidation because other then my father, he's the only father he's ever known and he definitely was NOT a good role model for a growing boy. He does concede that my father is an amazing man. I know that Daddy wants to spend more time with him. They just work so much and are doing a billion other things that it's hard for them to get together. But I really think that he can learn a lot about being an amazing husband and a stupendous father from him. Lol
  • toaljasa
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In:
    I began my health journey 1/1/18 at 177. This week I am at 161.5.
    I have continued to keep my focus on the process.
    I am learning and practicing that "sacrifice is giving up something good for something that is better." Peace and joy!

JFT
    Tuesday, 2/20
    I met all my goals and even drank 9 whopping cups of water!

JFT
    Wednesday 2/21

Ride bike 5 miles (did it)
    Pre-log/log food
    drink 8 cups of water

In preparation for my upcoming battle/challenge with houseguests here for 9 days I have made out my meal plans for all three meals, pre-logged them in MFP, and have ordered the groceries.

“You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily.
    The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”

John C. Maxwell

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 Good luck on your sweep(I'm still afraid to look this up! Lol) tomorrow! Maybe your little girl will come! We are all expecting pictures!