JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @missheidi what are these passes that you are delivering? You've been doing them for a while now. Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Good luck! Feel better and take it easy!
    @finngirl61 A lot of people hit a plateau sometime during their weight loss journey. Just keep at it. You'll start losing again soon.
    @Saragirl2 I love the quote! It is so true! And I'm glad that you were able to kick the cold. How did you do it? My DH has been sick for a while and can't seem to get any better.
    @clicketykeys Feel better! And take it easy today. You still have 2 more performances after tonight right? Stock up on fluids and get take some cold medicine. And rest!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    is it bad that i told my students they can work on whatever they want because i'm so tired i could fall over?
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @missheidi what are these passes that you are delivering? You've been doing them for a while now. Lol

just since wednesday. they are for state testing for ESOL, and my school is the biggest in the state, so lots of steps.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 Yay! That's awesome! I can't wait to see baby pictures! Lol. It's probably all the work you're doing now that's making you so tired. Although I wouldn't know. Lol. I've never been pregnant. But I know that since I started writing out a list and times to do things I've been getting waaaay more done in a day then I used to so I'm exhausted every night. I'm usually in bed the latest 11. Most nights it's earlier and I tend to fall sleep on the couch during the evenings too. Lol. But I'm glad that you are getting a lot more done these days. Hopefully, it'll help now that you'll have 3 little ones running around. Lol.

@missheidi That makes a lot of sense then. Lol. I came from a relatively small school district. My graduating senior class only had like 200 hundred students in it, if that.
  • clairelouisey
    clairelouisey Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    JFT FRIDAY RECORD
    1. Stick to calorie goal :)
    2. Go for sauna o:)

Went for a swim and a sauna- so lovely and relaxing, a nice Friday treat instead of loads of wine.

JFT SATURDAY GOALS
    1. stick to calorie goal
    2. Go to yoga class
    3. Go for swim and sauna
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Went for a swim and a sauna- so lovely and relaxing, a nice Friday treat instead of loads of wine.

Definitely better than a few glasses of wine! I wish my gym had a sauna.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    finngirl61 wrote: »
    Help. I'm logging every day but going back and forth between 1-3 lbs.lost, then gained, then lost. Am frustrated. Suggestions??

I would suggest a few things:
    Hang in there. Don't give up.
    Check your water consumption.
    Are you eating at a deficit?
    Are you eating enough protein?
    Maybe consider a maintenance break?

I have to remind myself that this a journey & whatever I learn along the way will help me when I finally reach goal weight/maintenance.
    Hope things fall into place for you @finngirl61.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 hope you stop that cold in its tracks. I swear the rest day helped me with the one I had yesterday.
    I also took some echinacea just to try it.
    Get healthy soon.
  • Saragirl2
    Options
    @clairelouisey sign me up! Sauna sounds divine in these cold temps near Boston!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

I've been sooo exhausted all week. Not only am I just plain uncomfy, but my hubby has been snoring horribly all week and it's been waking me up. (Of course in btw my usual waking up to run to the restroom :joy: ) Since I've started dilating, my doctor has requested I reduce my level of activity. Therefore, I have to ❌elliptical until after baby is born :disappointed: . However after today I would like to get back to my Prenatal Yoga in the mornings.

I'm sorry you cant work out anymore! Just take it easy for now. How long until the baby is born? And I'm glad you finally found a daycare! I know you were looking really hard for one.

That is very kind to say :blush: Thank you! I'm due April 30th.

@Bex953172 To answer your question "do they know why this happens?" Bc that is just what my body does. It happened with all 3 previous babies so this one is just doing the same :lol: I'm just restricted on activity now :tongue:
  • HGSmith0920
    edited February 2018
    Options

JFT 2/2/18

1. Quiet time/journal :) / :(I just can't seem to get into the journaling. I know that I always feel like I start the day on the right foot when I do. Gonna try again tomorrow!
    2. Food shopping :)All three stores done by 915am. Grocery shopping online definitely helps with that. Lol. It keeps me on budget and I dont walk around the aisles grabbing things that aren't on my list.
    3. Laundry :)Glad I got there when I did. When I got there one woman was before me but as soon as I started my washer, about 3 people walked in. It was kind of nuts. Lol. I dont have a unit so I find that it's just easier to go to the laundromat and spend $7 then spending all day running back and forth to my parent's house.
    4. Job hunting :/I dont even have an excuse for not doing this. I just didn't want to.
    5. Clean pantry/table/behind dresser :)Did this! My cat had a habit of climbing behind the dresser in the middle of the night and make a bunch of noise. Well not anymore! I cleaned it and pushed the dresser back against the wall! Lol
    6. Gym :)Took another posters advice and brought a library book with me and my cycling flew by because I was reading. I got a bunch of chapters done too! Lol.
    7. Nap :|I did but I just dont think it's a good thing for me. It takes me forever to fall asleep and then when I wake up I'm super drowsy and do not want to get up.
    8. Prep dinner @ 6 :)More like 615 but it's in the crockpot so it's all good.
    9. Reading :DDid this at the gym so I dont think I'm going to do it tonight. Maybe a few minutes before bed.
    10. Look at story :|Maybe, but probably not. My hockey team is playing one of there biggest rivals and I'm watching it so the story probably won't happen tonight
    11. Dinner/dishes :)Eating late tonight because the DH is getting home around 1030.
    12. Bed by 12 :)Probably. Dinner will happen about 1045(hopefully) so I think this is feasible

Only two things didn't get done today! I love it when that happens! Hopefully tomorrow I can get everything done. It's a bit of a shorter list hopefully. I ended up getting up earlier than usual because the DH was snoring in my ear all night. But I managed to catch an hour of sleep on the couch. So that was okay. I really hope that he doesn't do it again tonight. I'm meeting my Godmommy tomorrow morning. They moved really close to me two weeks again and I've pretty much been begging to see her. She called me around lunch time and invited me for coffee and to help her organize their new apartment while her DH is out camping with my Dad. Lol. I'm very excited! She's my Mom's best friend. She was always the grown-up I wanted to be when I was little. She moved two states away 20 years ago. I've only seen her about 2 dozen times in those years. But whenever things were going really wrong in my life she was always a safe place to land. I can't express how happy I am that they are back! Lol. Okay, enough rhapsodizing.

JTF, 2/3/18

1. Up by 7
    2. MFP/Quiet time/Journaling
    3. Visit with Godmommy @ 8
    4. Run to store
    5. Prep dinner/lunch
    6. Have DH put together bookshelf
    7. Put books on shelf
    8. Gym(still not sure about this. Might take a rest day)
    9. Nap(also a maybe)
    10. Dinner/Dishes
    11. Quality time with DH
    12. Read
    13. Bed by 11 pm

Okay, so maybe it wasn't a small list after all. Lol

Have a great night everyone!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    Well I thought this day would never end but I’m finally done with my daughter’s epic birthday cake and just finishing wrapping before I head to bed.

Recap Goals for 2/2:
    - exercise before kids wake up ✅
    - stay within calorie goal ✅
    - 2ltr + water ✅
    - finish cakes ✅
    - buy card and wrap presents ✅ and guest party gifts - tomorrow
    - Early night so I have the energy to give my little one a fabulous 7th bday! Not quite!

JFT

- exercise? Don’t know. Think I need a rest day but also like to eat a lot with celebrations etc.
    - Lots of water
    - Not get stressed
    - Find a little time for myself

Happy weekend all. X

I hope the Birthday Girl has a great day! You are being an awesome Mom to do all of this for her! Don't run yourself too ragged though! And if you go over calories, one day won't kill ya! You have to live your life and you've been doing really well the last bunch of days!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

I hope the Birthday Girl has a great day! You are being an awesome Mom to do all of this for her! Don't run yourself too ragged though! And if you go over calories, one day won't kill ya! You have to live your life and you've been doing really well the last bunch of days!

Thanks @HGS0920! I’m up early so technically have time to workout before the girls get up but tired and feeling a bit lazy!

The good thing is after hours spent making this cake (going to try and post a pic but never done it so we will see!) I’m sick of the sight of it and def don’t want to eat any! :D

Well done on your successful list yesterday x
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :)
    2. Furnace filters (staying on my list until I'm able to do it) :/
    3. Studio time (same deal) :/
    4. Chill out :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)
    Got a load of laundry done again, though. Woohoo!

JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Furnace filters
    3. Studio time
    4. Chill out
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

I'm not quite death warmed over at this point so if I'm still OK it'll mean back to work. The first day back will be a shorter day so at least I can ease back into it a little and spend time in the office rather than on the floor. Then hopefully it will continue along the same vein.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @Faebert That is an awesome cake! Did you use fondant? and, if so, did you make the icing yourself? Way to go either way. Great job!