Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday

PROTEIN POWDER There was a commercial on TV today for boost protein powder with no additives or fillers. I wondered if that wouldn't be awesome for many of us. Has anyone seen it in stores yet?

Have you heard about pancakes made from protein powder? I haven't tried them..kind of waiting for reviews, lol.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    @Joan6630 Wow! You did fantastic with your January goals. Fantabulous! You inspire me to do my best. Remember: Operation Red Cup!!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Thursday, February 1, Day 21

I completed my daily goals yesterday.

JFT:
    Log all food
    Stop eating by 8pm
    Drink 7 glasses of water before 7pm
    Ride 5 miles on the bike
    Complete next session of online program
    journal
    work on memorizing this week's scripture
    Stand Firm!

What I've learned: It's a brand new month! Many of us began the year or mid-month with either new or renewed intentions. I think we've done marvelous! I am looking forward with great anticipation at what our progress will be at the end of the year! We are a heave-ho gang of gals (so far) and I love our unified effort of pulling us all along together.

Monthly Habits:
    At the beginning of January I set out to gain three new habits to help me reach my health goal:
    Log all food on MFP
    Drink 7 glasses of water daily
    Exercise 3-5 times a week

With the help and continued help of JFT, I feel that these are indeed now habits. But I have to be intentional and not let life's distractions pull my eyes away from them.

February's habits: Although these aren't physical health related, I am on an overall health journey.
    1. Reduce Social media time to 4 hours a day. (I watch, maybe an hour of Netflix but the pull of FB, etc., UGH)
    2. Memorize one Scripture each week that will support this health journey.
    3. Write in my prayer/gratitude journal at least 3 times/week.

Peace and joy!
    Together we are going to reach the mountain top!! Whomever reaches the top first, let the rest of know how it looks!

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    :lol: you sound like me atm! Sleeping everywhere!

I fell asleep halfway up the stairs the other day. I think I only sat down for a moment.

It scared the €rap out my partner when he found me thinking I’d fallen or something :lol:

Oh my word, that was me on my fourth child. We homeschooled and I remember giving a spelling test. I would literally call out the word and immediately go into a deep sleep. The kids would write down the word then wake me up. I'd startle out of a sleep, call the next word and zonk right out again. Those kids could have crept away and I wouldn't have known it...or just completed the spelling test and tell me that I'd given the last word.. I was just so tired. My husband was gone during the week and home only on weekends...no doubt that contributed to the weariness.

Haha, then a few weeks after the baby, I took the kids swimming at the city pool. I was holding the baby on the steps in the wading area feeling worn out. A lady sat down next to me and oohs and ahhs over the baby. She asked me when he was born. For the the life of me I could not remember the date! I just looked at her for several seconds and then said, "I've got no idea." She quietly slipped away, lololol

:sweat_smile: !!!!!!

I always forget my kids birthdays!
    I feel like im trading in my brain cells for kids haha!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Have you heard about pancakes made from protein powder? I haven't tried them..kind of waiting for reviews, lol.

I saw on Jan 31 saragirl2 posted a recipe on this thread. Not sure if it's on my agenda to try at this point, I'm not a big fan of some of the ingredients.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    MamaKaz79 wrote: »
    I like the idea of daily commitment. I was doing great staying on track and getting my workouts in them wham....Monday it was like I had an elephant on my chest. Still I get winded so easily, my heart keeps doing odd things. Plus some other symptoms, I dont think it’s the flu cause I have none of those symptoms. The nurse in me kept going back and forth, but I’m waiting on a appt. as I type this. So fingers crossed.
    But I’ve tried hard to still log my food even though I’ve been out of sorts. Since the walk to the mailbox winds me I haven’t done much exercising
    Doc thinks I’m just fighting something wicked. All vitals and EKG look good, thankfully. He said I need to just keep resting like I am. He said “people are dying cause they try to push through it like any other cold. You can’t push through the flu.” Makes sense. Hopefully I start to get better soon

Thank goodness it's not the flu! I hope you feel better soon! We're all pulling for you.
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    2/2 JFT:
    No pop
    Log food
    Feb. challange
    Eliptical
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! So many positives on here. Great job everyone!

I'm posting tonight for tomorrow since I am struggling getting on at work. My new job is getting busy and I really am loving it! I definitely made the right choice there... :smiley:

Just for Friday
    1. Eat breakfast - I need to start eating before noon.
    2. Log every bite
    3. Increase water intake. Really pay attention to this.
    4. Use the Miracle Timer app to remind myself to get up every hour and move.
    5. Listen to Optimal Living, Optimal Health and Half Size Me podcasts
    6. Read Simple Abundance for the day, next Beck's chapter and write in gratitude journal
    7. Take the day as it comes. Deal with one thing at a time. No stress allowed! :smile:

I'll check back in tomorrow. xoxox
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options

Great job tracking your food and eating well! Wonderful. Read the response cards one little ol time (have no idea what they are but they seem important!!!) Are they short enough to tape a couple to your dash, bathroom mirror, etc?

The "response cards" are from a book that I was reading, called "The Beck Diet Solution: training your brain to think like a thin person. This book is really good -- last years thread I posted the things to do each day. I need to get back to doing these things myself again!

But the response cards are just index cards ... where you write down all the reasons you want to lose weight. You are suppose to keep these cards where you can look at them several times a day ... to remind us of why we want to lose weight and become more healthy.

• mytime6630
    Options
    @Joan6630 Wow! You did fantastic with your January goals. Fantabulous! You inspire me to do my best. Remember: Operation Red Cup!!!

Thanks for the reminder -- I love the Operation Red Cup LOL!! Now everytime I see that red cup, I will think of that. I've been slacking again. .... so need to keep this up until it becomes a better habit!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I like the idea of daily commitment. I was doing great staying on track and getting my workouts in them wham....Monday it was like I had an elephant on my chest. Still I get winded so easily, my heart keeps doing odd things. Plus some other symptoms, I dont think it’s the flu cause I have none of those symptoms. The nurse in me kept going back and forth, but I’m waiting on a appt. as I type this. So fingers crossed.
    But I’ve tried hard to still log my food even though I’ve been out of sorts. Since the walk to the mailbox winds me I haven’t done much exercising

Hope you feel better! There seems to be so much flu going around! Luckly hubby and I have escaped getting it so far!