What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I wonder if marching on a capital has ever really done anything. Like some guy in a powdered wig finally comes out and says "You win. I just drafted this document that's going to change everything!"
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    cbs55qvhxdoe.jpg

Nom nom. :D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    i never know what’s happening around here :angry:

We should carpool.
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thinking about how I've been doing everything right- working out 3-5 days a week which includes cardio, HIIT, and weight lifting. On a calorie deficit- eating 1,200 cals, which is high protein, moderate fat, and low carb. And I've only lost weight in my thighs and boobs. I just want a flat stomach before I go on vacation. I just wanna rock a bikini without being insecure of my flabby tummy. I've already read the "so you want a nice stomach" post and I do all that stuff. I just feel like it's never going to happen for me... :(
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    well FWIW if anyone wants to start that debate mods seem to agree, it if stays civil carry on. If it doesn't we will shut it down.
  • WorkerDrone83
    edited February 2018
    Options
    loe_loe23 wrote: »
    Thinking about how I've been doing everything right- working out 3-5 days a week which includes cardio, HIIT, and weight lifting. On a calorie deficit- eating 1,200 cals, which is high protein, moderate fat, and low carb. And I've only lost weight in my thighs and boobs. I just want a flat stomach before I go on vacation. I just wanna rock a bikini without being insecure of my flabby tummy. I've already read the "so you want a nice stomach" post and I do all that stuff. I just feel like it's never going to happen for me... :(

Not with that attitude :p
    Sounds like you're doing great. Stick with it.
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    loe_loe23 wrote: »

Not with that attitude :p
    Sounds like you're doing great. Stick with it.

Thank you, I've just been at this for months and still nothing :/
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options
    I wonder if marching on a capital has ever really done anything. Like some guy in a powdered wig finally comes out and says "You win. I just drafted this document that's going to change everything!"

I think there have been more than a few marches that have forced governments to make a change

They seem to only bring attention to matters, which in turn leads to reform. In most of the examples I've looked up, the change can be years away. I wonder if the political pressure from key people is that much more impactful than a mass demonstration.
  • WorkerDrone83
    Options

I think there have been more than a few marches that have forced governments to make a change

They seem to only bring attention to matters, which in turn leads to reform. In most of the examples I've looked up, the change can be years away. I wonder if the political pressure from key people is that much more impactful than a mass demonstration.

But even if it takes a while - because it can, things generally have to be proposed and then voted on and that can take months - then the marching did what it set out to do.

There's gotta be a less obnoxious way to bring attention to things or to apply political pressure. Especially things that are already in the national and world spotlight.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

It's lobbyists.
  • cee134
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Thank you and it was it's been a pleasure talking to you on this thread. I don't think I have enough clout to pull off initiating a successful thread in Chit Chat these days. When I critique the culture here, I think it's off putting to people and I get that I annoy people and make them feel criticized, which no one likes. Camille Paglia does it infinitely better than I do - with better credentials - and she's a woman I admire the most. I wish she'd come here with a fake name and lay waste to MFP. She'd be banned within 6 hours.

I've never known anyone to care who starts a thread, only if it's fun or not.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do I need to get it started. But if you want to talk about someone tanking a thread before it even startes I might be the perfect candidate. Sorry newmeadow, scoot over
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Thank you and it was it's been a pleasure talking to you on this thread. I don't think I have enough clout to pull off initiating a successful thread in Chit Chat these days. When I critique the culture here, I think it's off putting to people and I get that I annoy people and make them feel criticized, which no one likes. Camille Paglia does it infinitely better than I do - with better credentials - and she's a woman I admire the most. I wish she'd come here with a fake name and lay waste to MFP. She'd be banned within 6 hours.

I've never known anyone to care who starts a thread, only if it's fun or not.

I want to talk about the politics of needles. That's so unfun.

I disagree.