Cell reset diet

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited February 2018
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    @missusmoon did you here about improving cells count in your blood?

Yes, that's why I specifically called it "unscientific". While blog posts and sites like Natural News claim some foods can increase white blood cell counts in your blood (which would have NO impact on weight loss), no food can do that.

This kind of thinking stems from people having an extremely limited understanding that essentially boils down to "I heard this thing is good and that thing is bad so I want to increase the thing that is good and decrease the thing that is bad". Apparently "white blood cells" are "good" in the general public understanding these days so we should strive to "increase" them.

White blood cells are just a lamen term for cells that are part of your innate immune system which is largely comprised of T-cells. "Increasing" their number is not inherently a good thing. Your immune system is a balance, even if you could you wouldn't want to target part of it and just "increase" it. Having T-cells above your normal range is an inflammatory response....not something you just want to trigger through your diet if that were somehow possible.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    There's recently been some more science about red meats slightly increasing distant risks of bowel cancer. I suppose that if any commercial feeding instructions such as cellreset want to hype that as sort of a lab coat wrapped around their commercial feeding instructions they can. It must be nice to be so rich that you can pay someone to tell you what to eat.