Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    slossia wrote: »
    I’m vegan and eat mostly carbs! Just started MFP! I lost close to 40 lbs since October 1st when I went from a vegetarian diet to vegan! I eat close to 3 thousand calories a day and still lost weight by keeping my fat below 20 percent of my calories!

submit yourself to science
    ur a miracle

I doubt it is the low fat that causes the weight, but I couldn't get over 160lbs in college eating between 4000-5000kcal/day while running track. Matters how much your moving and your bmr (mine must have been sky high).
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    fc9utf4jxxa5.jpg

Love these noodles so much to volumize my meals! No (or next to none) calories/carbs either!!

Where do buy these from? @vegmebuff

• lauzjacobs
    lauzjacobs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just made the most delish steamed Cauliflower mash 200g put in 30g cottage cheese & teaspoon horseradish cream. 88cal & over 4% protein. Tempted to eat tomorrow nights batch right now
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    fc9utf4jxxa5.jpg

Love these noodles so much to volumize my meals! No (or next to none) calories/carbs either!!

The place that I work at used to make a Kelp Noodle Bowl using those and a shredded cabbage/carrot mix and a sesame vinaigrette. I really liked it, but my mom got it one time and hated it. I think that she was expecting the kelp noodles to be more like "spaghetti" than they were. :D
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @bootyrubsandtacos most normal grocery stores carry shirataki in the vegan “meat” area. Definitely at a Whole Foods or TJ’s. Or any Asian market. If you haven’t had them, be sure to rinse the everliving crap out of them before you eat. They stink to high heaven right out of the package.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    fc9utf4jxxa5.jpg

Where do buy these from? @vegmebuff

All the noodles were from an Asian store (T and T Market). My local grocery store carries the House Foods Shirataki ones too. This is in Western Canada.

Regarding the Kelp noodles (Strawblackcat) - they certainly go best on/in a salad. Super crunchy...so good:))
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @vegmebuff,
    At what temperature and for how long did you bake your egg-cake thing? Looks yummy!
    I make protein ice cream every night, but would be interested in your cocoa ice cream too! Is it using the same recipe, just replacing the protein powder with cocoa?
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Options
  • nowine4me
    Options
    Went out for lunch today, which is rare since I prefer making large meals at home. I ordered 2 entrees - avocado toast AND a vegan vegetable bowl, both were way bigger than I expected, plus a side of fresh fruit. Ate it all. It was one of the most satisfying restaurant meals I’ve had in a long time. Might actually hold me until supper.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @vegmebuff,
    At what temperature and for how long did you bake your egg-cake thing? Looks yummy!
    I make protein ice cream every night, but would be interested in your cocoa ice cream too! Is it using the same recipe, just replacing the protein powder with cocoa?

I baked @ 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes (140 calories) - the ice 'cream' is basically what you suggested...I don't use the protein powder. I use a bit of cold espresso/vanilla stevia- a few frozen espresso ice cubes/dark cocoa powder and lots of regular ice cubes in a super high blender. I also blend (near the end) a 1/2 tsp. of xanthum gum...blends up a little too 'liquidy' so I freeze it for a hour or so. Next to near no calories and I love it!
    i6esdaodceep.jpg

iv always wondered what would happen if i made protein cake without the powder glad it makes something edible still ill try it :D
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    @bootyrubsandtacos most normal grocery stores carry shirataki in the vegan “meat” area. Definitely at a Whole Foods or TJ’s. Or any Asian market. If you haven’t had them, be sure to rinse the everliving crap out of them before you eat. They stink to high heaven right out of the package.

This is nothing like what I have found with the ones I buy. They dont smell at all. I rinse them off to get rid of the water they sit in, but thats it. Then I simply heat them up in a pan and add to a dish. No problems.

What brand do you buy?
  • nowine4me
    Options
    I’d like to know too, because I find the odor from the packing water to be very off putting. Not enough that I won’t eat it o:)
  • vegmebuff
    Options

This is nothing like what I have found with the ones I buy. They dont smell at all. I rinse them off to get rid of the water they sit in, but thats it. Then I simply heat them up in a pan and add to a dish. No problems.

What brand do you buy?

I also get mine from T&T in Mississauga but also seen them at RCSS. Come in a variety of noodle shapes and sizes.

41H7AEYB0YL.jpg

I actually find that these have an odor...maybe not as bad as the JFC branded ones though. Needless to say - I too just rinse them off and they are great. Really loving the Kelp noodles I bought...there is absolutely no odor to them.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    Options

What brand do you buy?

I also get mine from T&T in Mississauga but also seen them at RCSS. Come in a variety of noodle shapes and sizes.

41H7AEYB0YL.jpg

These are the ones I get too. I barely notice an odor. I just ordered a 6 pack of miracle noodles from Walmart. I’m curious to see what they taste like without tofu.
  • vegmebuff
    Options

What brand do you buy?

41H7AEYB0YL.jpg

I actually find that these have an odor...maybe not as bad as the JFC branded ones though. Needless to say - I too just rinse them off and they are great. Really loving the Kelp noodles I bought...there is absolutely no odor to them.

I even really like the T&T brand ones that come tied in knots believe it or not. They go very well with anything Thai where the actual curry flavour covers everything else hehe :)

I buy those too...I found similar knotted one at Superstore for less than a $1/pkg. too. wog58bm0g71e.png