50lbs or more?

Options

Replies

• kirstinheard
    kirstinheard Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good to see all of the positivity. Great job for sticking to it!

So I am not new to mfp I've just returned to get on the grind. I am at 203 now and want to lose about 50 lbs. I have been going to the gym a little and started a green smoothie regimen that seems to be satisfying with protein in it. I just can't get motivated to work out. In the morning I can't get up smh and after work, I'm so tired, I just want to go home to bed... Any advice to help with the workout blues?
  • gingilebanon2012
    gingilebanon2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A quick question: to lose weight, do you eat the full amount of calories set for you or not?
  • kirstinheard
    kirstinheard Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not every day. Somedays I hit the target and then others I'm just below. I have cut out a lot of carbs and drink a lot of water through the day.
  • pluckybanana
    pluckybanana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    So far I’ve lost 40lbs
    Need to loose 20 more to be where I want to be... good luck everyone
    We got this!
  • JoniNichole
    JoniNichole Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Good to see all of the positivity. Great job for sticking to it!

So I am not new to mfp I've just returned to get on the grind. I am at 203 now and want to lose about 50 lbs. I have been going to the gym a little and started a green smoothie regimen that seems to be satisfying with protein in it. I just can't get motivated to work out. In the morning I can't get up smh and after work, I'm so tired, I just want to go home to bed... Any advice to help with the workout blues?

Honestly what works for me is getting up in the morning and working out before I can have time to think about what's really going on! I'm telling you now it was hard at first but now I don't event think about it! The scale is moving so it gives me motivation to get up and more! I sometimes workout in the evening as well! But I tell you this! Try it for a week and make a commitment to yourself to workout no matter what and was that scale start dropping!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    A quick question: to lose weight, do you eat the full amount of calories set for you or not?

I try and eat around 1200-1400 calories a day! So I try and stay under what mfp says! I would recommend you do a little research and compare research as to much water and calories you should intake per day! Let me know if I can help you in another other way!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    So far I’ve lost 40lbs
    Need to loose 20 more to be where I want to be... good luck everyone
    We got this!

Get it girl!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    How has Friday been with your food?
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Rocking the food and exercise. Under sedentary maintenance by about 150 and got around 1,000 calories on today's burn. :smile:
  • amlelas68
    amlelas68 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Short term 40 LBS
    Long Term 100 LBS

So far I have lost 18 LBS
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Rocking the food and exercise. Under sedentary maintenance by about 150 and got around 1,000 calories on today's burn. :smile:

Get it girl!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    amlelas68 wrote: »
    Short term 40 LBS
    Long Term 100 LBS

So far I have lost 18 LBS

Congrats on the weight loss
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Happy Saturday guys!!
  • Mckxx
    Mckxx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    current 293.6
    Short term goal: 250 by June 1st
    Long term goal: 185 lbs goal or less

Hey Brittany. Im new here and we have similiar goals. Let me know if youre looking for an accountability friend! 30/f.
  • brendaeblanco
    brendaeblanco Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m currently at 231 and want to get to 180. At that point, I’ll reassess. I’ve been using MFP for about 30 days and saw a 9-lb. drop from 240 to my current. For 10+ days, no change. I’m doing everything the same except I switched up my foods. In the beginning, I purchased a lot of Smart Ones frozen meals or other items with a scannable barcode to make sure the calories were counted correctly. I’m now eating less of those and prepping food instead. I’m meticulous about weighing food on a scale, measuring, etc., so I don’t think the problem is miscalculation. This week, I was at a conference Tues through Fri where all meals were provided. I ate small portions to try to keep things on track, but knowing what ingredients were in the meals was not always easy. Anyway, I’m hoping the stall ends soon! It’s so encouraging to see the scale move!! ( I know, “duh!”) maybe I should increase water above 64 oz a day? Some days I don’t quite consume all of my calories. Is that problematic? Meal ideas welcome! Support and tips much appreciated!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    I’m currently at 231 and want to get to 180. At that point, I’ll reassess. I’ve been using MFP for about 30 days and saw a 9-lb. drop from 240 to my current. For 10+ days, no change. I’m doing everything the same except I switched up my foods. In the beginning, I purchased a lot of Smart Ones frozen meals or other items with a scannable barcode to make sure the calories were counted correctly. I’m now eating less of those and prepping food instead. I’m meticulous about weighing food on a scale, measuring, etc., so I don’t think the problem is miscalculation. This week, I was at a conference Tues through Fri where all meals were provided. I ate small portions to try to keep things on track, but knowing what ingredients were in the meals was not always easy. Anyway, I’m hoping the stall ends soon! It’s so encouraging to see the scale move!! ( I know, “duh!”) maybe I should increase water above 64 oz a day? Some days I don’t quite consume all of my calories. Is that problematic? Meal ideas welcome! Support and tips much appreciated!

Hey congrats on the weight you have loss this far! I definitely think you should boast your water intake for the day. Sometimes with the smart ones of food like that they are low in calories but the sodium is normally super high...which keeps weight on! How much movement are you getting a day? Do you workout any? But keep logging your meals...sometimes are bodies just react differently to change! The scale will move! Keep it up girl!
  • maria00200
    maria00200 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Goal is to lose 60 pounds by August.
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to get down to 180. I lost 50 lbs 4 years ago and kept it off till last year. Stress eating, medical issues and steroids were a bad combo for me and next thing I know I am at 232 and have a serious ankle injury. I have lost 5 lbs in the past 15 days. Yay!
    My goal is to lose 10 more pounds as quickly as possible to get some pressure off my body and try and avoid surgery. Then go back to the lb a week 1600 cals a day routine that helped me lose last time without feeling starved.
    The big challenge is finding non weight bearing workouts that I can do. I have been watching ones on YouTube and making notes to try and cobble together one. I am doing mat Pilates 3x a week and an arm workout that I can do sitting 3x a week.
    Feel free to add me.
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    maria00200 wrote: »
    Goal is to lose 60 pounds by August.

Let's get it girl!