Diet to lose weight plus try build up muscle mass and lower body fat!!

Options

Replies

• sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can only get enough protein and fats in my diet but im struggle to get to the recommended amount of carbs in my macros each day but I can get the near enough my daily calories per day
  • sflano1271
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    jfan175 wrote: »
    I'm not saying eat super clean, but there are no veggies but potatoes in that diet. Your digestive system will thank you for adding some.

I could add some carrots in and a tin of irish processed peas☺

Don't go mad, will you...

Just a small bit of each vegetable peas or carrots maby turnip aswel

A healthy diet is supposed to contain 800g of fruit and veg, so a few peas and carrots is the very least you should be aiming for....

So what should I be aiming for ?
  • sflano1271
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

My goal for the moment is weightloss but I dont want to lose any muscle

Eat foods you like, in a deficit, and workout with a progressive lifting routine until you are at or near goal and then reassess. Don't focus on muscle growth at this time, the lifting will be to mitigate muscle loss from the weight cut.

Eat foods you like, in a deficit, and workout with a progressive lifting routine until you are at or near goal and then reassess. Don't focus on muscle growth at this time, the lifting will be to mitigate muscle loss from the weight cut.

But I dont know what to eat unfortunately I need to get my diet right not eat junk etc

CERTAIN FOODS DO NO CREATE WEIGHT LOSS OR MUSCLE GAIN.

Eat food. Log it. Stay in a deficit for weight loss. Lift heavy weights for muscle maintenance.

Sorry guys, haven't finished my coffee yet.

So I can eat anything but just log it so I have to eat 1,840 calories per day so just eat that much calories per day to lose 0.5kg per week.
  • sflano1271
    Options

But I dont know what to eat unfortunately I need to get my diet right not eat junk etc

Eat food. Log it. Stay in a deficit for weight loss. Lift heavy weights for muscle maintenance.

So I can eat anything but just log it so I have to eat 1,840 calories per day so just eat that much calories per day to lose 0.5kg per week.

Yes and no..

If you arent bothered if you are keeping your body healthy you can eat what you like at 1840 and still lose.

Most of us eat a balanced diet and the odd treat for maximum calories for your buck and good health.

Ok im planning on eating a boiled egg with two slices of brown bread toast and tea then for lunch have baked beans and toast and tea then after gym have a whey protein shake and a protein bar then for dinner have a few frozen roasted potatoes with chicken breast and some carrots and peas and maby some turnip then for snack before the night ends have maby a bag of popcorn and bag of lentil curls and a can of coca cola zero
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options

Yes and no..

If you arent bothered if you are keeping your body healthy you can eat what you like at 1840 and still lose.

Most of us eat a balanced diet and the odd treat for maximum calories for your buck and good health.

Ok im planning on eating a boiled egg with two slices of brown bread toast and tea then for lunch have baked beans and toast and tea then after gym have a whey protein shake and a protein bar then for dinner have a few frozen roasted potatoes with chicken breast and some carrots and peas and maby some turnip then for snack before the night ends have maby a bag of popcorn and bag of lentil curls and a can of coca cola zero

That's sounding substantially better! :)

Keep an eye on the macros (fat, protein especially) in your food diary and tweak it over time to do well - no need to obsess, just move in healthier directions over time that also keep you full and happy.
  • sflano1271
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Yes and no..

Keep an eye on the macros (fat, protein especially) in your food diary and tweak it over time to do well - no need to obsess, just move in healthier directions over time that also keep you full and happy.

Thanks
  • bonstance53
    bonstance53 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling with the same issue. I lift heavy 2x/week and would like to lose some fat and get the scale to move down.
  • sflano1271
    Options

Yes and no..

My calories is 1,840 to lose 0.5kg per week my macros are 230g for carbs, 92g for protein and fats are 61g do you think this sounds ok for me ????
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Protein seems light. You should be aiming for .8 to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass (not total body mass), especially since you are lifting.

Feel free to look at my diary. It's far from perfect, but macros are relatively balanced.

What percentages are you using for carbs, protein, and fat?
  • sflano1271
    Options
    Protein seems light. You should be aiming for .8 to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass (not total body mass), especially since you are lifting.

Will thats what mfp gave me as there calculations
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    you can adjust the percentages.
  • sflano1271
    Options

Then ill be over my daily calories per day
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    I typically go with 30% protein, 50% carbs, and 20% fat.

I still eat a lot of meat, but it's lean meat: Grilled chicken breasts, turkey breast tenderloins, 96/4 extra lean beef, salmon, tuna fish, etc.
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options

No. You adjust the percentages applied to your total calorie goal of 1,840 per day. Only the mix of those 1,840 calories will change.
  • sflano1271
    Options

No. You adjust the percentages applied to your total calorie goal of 1,840 per day. Only the mix of those 1,840 calories will change.

It wont matter sure I was told I was eating better because I told someone here earlier in this about what I was starting to eat per day
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    I only have 1,760 calories for my goal, but usually get 130 grams of protein.

If you want to retain muscle, you need protein.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options

Yes and no..

My calories is 1,840 to lose 0.5kg per week my macros are 230g for carbs, 92g for protein and fats are 61g do you think this sounds ok for me ????

I think it's not crazy as a starting point from which you can gradually evolve. If you said how tall you are or what your goal weight is, I missed it. If your goal weight is over 120 pounds or so (as I'm guessing it might be?), I'd suggest gradually working your protein up to 0.8 x healthy goal weight (in pounds) or so, and fats to 0.35-0.45g x healthy goal weight (in pounds). No need to obsess, just work in a good direction, stay satiated & sustainable, get in the varied veggies & fruits. It's a process, for all of us. :)
  • sflano1271
    Options

Yes and no..

I think it's not crazy as a starting point from which you can gradually evolve. If you said how tall you are or what your goal weight is, I missed it. If your goal weight is over 120 pounds or so (as I'm guessing it might be?), I'd suggest gradually working your protein up to 0.8 x healthy goal weight (in pounds) or so, and fats to 0.35-0.45g x healthy goal weight (in pounds). No need to obsess, just work in a good direction, stay satiated & sustainable, get in the varied veggies & fruits. It's a process, for all of us. :)

I am 5 foot 9inches tall and im 28 years old and im 95kg at the moment
  • sflano1271
    Options

Yes and no..

My goal weight is 65kg to 70kg