JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 32

Replies

• puddlegoober
    puddlegoober Posts: 291 Member
    edited February 2018
    I’ve lost 10.8 lbs so far in 3 full challenges plus 3 days (started late on the first). I’m getting into better habits. I’m learning to “stop the bleeding” when I have a moment of “weakness” (I need to come up with another name for this… moments are normal). I’m loving this group, and I'm loving all of you just for being here. Without saying a word, you are a HUGE source of support for me.

Height 5’11”
    Historical SW (January 2015): 245 lbs
    Recent SW: 220.0 lbs (1/14/18)
    Ultimate GW: 195.0 lbs (and then reevaluate)
    R28 SW = 220.0 EW = 219.8 (-0.2) AW = 220.2 (+0.2)
    R29 SW = 219.8 EW = 214.0 (-5.8) AW = 215.9 (-4.3)
    R30 SW = 214.0 EW = 214.0 (-0.0) AW = 214.1 (-1.8)
    R31 SW = 214.0 EW = 209.2 (-4.8) AW = 211.3 (-2.8)
    Total loss (before this round): 10.8 lbs

Goal for this round: 207.0

Day/Weight/Comment

02/17 = 208.6 (-0.6). Let the good times roll. Even when I have a “bad” day, I’m always at maintenance or under (215 over calorie goal last night). And the bad days are becoming few and far between. Being accountable every day seems to be the ingredient that has been missing for all these years. I’ve logged for long periods of time in the past, but this opportunity to “journal” has been lifechanging. Had a glass of wine and a small dessert last night, but felt in-control the whole time. Going to the gym today to lift weights and do some HIIT. Light lunch, and then dinner and a movie with my wife and a couple of friends. Going to try to make healthy choices (or at least portion control) tonight at dinner. I'll see where I'm at with calories and decide beforehand if I want a drink.

02/18 = 209.2 (+0.6). Lifted weights yesterday, but HIIT didn’t happen (Got a little lazy. I miss basketball!). Ate light for breakfast, but had a surprise poke bowl from my wife for lunch. Had plans for dinner and a movie with my wife and two of her friends, but apparently there was some miscommunication regarding the movie, so it ended up just being dinner. I ate pretty light, but the food was decadent, and I had a drink. I’m having dinner tonight at my parents, which will likely include at least a drink or two. I’ll be happy to escape this weekend at my starting weight. This really is a constant challenge, but it’s getting so much easier to make good choices (and stop my bad choices from going too far and completely derailing me). This feels like it’s working, even if my weight does not go down every single day.

02/19 = 207.4 (-1.8). I think this number is a little exaggerated because I slept in 2.5 hours longer than ususal, but I’m mostly just really happy. Ate super light for breakfast and lunch. Had a standing rib roast with twice-baked potatoes and two margaritas for dinner at my parents' place. Plus it was my brother’s (my mom’s dog) birthday, so also a cupcake and a scoop of ice cream. I’m pretty sure I overestimated everything calorie-wise, because I really try to err that way if I’m not sure what I’m taking in. If I weren’t calorie-counting I would have eaten 2-3 times as much as I did. Of course, I didn’t, and I was completely satisfied.

02/20 = 208.6 (+1.2). I didn't really believe my weigh-in yesterday, so I'm okay with this number (I am also -0.6 for the long weekend, which is fantastic!). I have a new nephew, but I managed to stay in control when we went out to eat with my in-laws. Went over with salt on the day (I think), but drank plenty of water. I'm going to the gym tonight with my wife to lift weights, and I WILL get my HIIT workout in. Two more days until basketball starts up again. I can't wait!!!

02/21 = 208.4 (-0.2). Yesterday was fine eating-wise, but I felt like I was getting sick last night (didn't go to the gym). I'm in bed now, sick. I know I'm supposed to drink lots of fluids, but I don't want anything. Basketball is tomorrow night. I really want to feel better. I HATE missing basketball.

02/22 = 209.4 (+1.0). I didn't want to post this number. This week is a reminder that things can go sideways for a million different reasons. I think yesterday's sickness was a little bit of a false alarm; it definitely was NOT the flu. I'm back at work today (mostly because I couldn't justify playing basketball if I didn't go to work). I really do feel better, though, even if I have some congestion. The "sideways" - wife brought me a sandwich last night, and I ate mindlessly (I also fear it was a salt bomb). I would have been fine with half a sandwich, but I ate all of it, plus half of my wife's. This is a pattern that has plagued me through our 14.5 year relationship. She didn't offer it to me this time (which is good), but I asked her for it, and she let me have it. Rather than beat myself up about it, however, I'm going to treat it as the reminder it is. This week is so far is a wash (very little exercise, but staying at or below maintenance calorie-wise so far), but I have 4 days left in this challenge, including 2 days of basketball (which always includes a full body weight workout at the gym). I'm going to finish this off strong, no matter what my weight says at the end.

02/23 = 208.4 (-1.0). Expected drop after a basketball day. I’m bouncing around a lot this challenge. Dinner last night was some beautiful salty concoction from my in-laws; I went a little heavy on the tortillas (2) and rice (probably shouldn’t have had both). Basketball was definitely a good idea; I’m feeling much better today. I’m definitely on the mend from my brief illness. Three more days in the challenge, but the weekend is almost upon me, so I’m going to try my best to keep myself focused and mindful. I still want to finish strong (effort, not necessarily results)!

02/24 = 209.0 (+0.6). I’m just riding this out, trying not to get upset that my weight is like a damn pogo stick this whole challenge. Had a surprise lunch out yesterday (poke, relatively healthy, but hard to gauge calorie-wise), and a planned dinner out (ate a bit more than I probably should have, and finished at 100 calories over maintenance). I weighed myself this morning, but I’m writing this late, so I’ve already gone to the gym to life weights, and I played basketball for 90 minutes or so. Besides getting hit hard in the face twice, I had a good day at basketball. All the games were close, I had to match up with a REALLY physical player, and my shot was “on.” Breakfast and lunch were totally under control, so I’ll just try to be really mindful tonight at dinner. An aside – I’m realizing that I probably don’t eat enough fruits or vegetables. My diet consists only of nutrient-dense foods (no crap, sugary foods, or empty-calorie snack foods), but I can still probably improve the quality of my diet by incorporating more fruits and vegetables. I’m going bowling later tonight after dinner out with my wife’s family. I feel like I’m all over the place today. Can you tell? But guess what! I’m feeling really good about myself right now. I haven’t reached all my goals, but I can see and feel my progress. One of my friends at basketball noticed that I’m looking better too!

02/25 = 210.6 (+1.6). I thought I did well yesterday, but there’s this number. I’m a bit flummoxed (first time ever using that word). When I just spoke with my wife about how things have been going with my weight, she was quick to remind me that I have been eating out a lot more than usual recently. I’m just gonna sit with this for a minute.

02/26 = 209.6 (-1.0). I’m +0.4 for the challenge. This was sobering. I’m going to spend some time reflecting on it today, but what I have so far: eating out too much (even if I tried to stay healthy and/or moderate when I did), not as much exercise as usual (basketball cancelled on 3 days where I normally would have played), and got sick for a couple of days. Should that have been enough to throw me off? Maybe. On to the next challenge!

Edit: I just calculated my average weight for this round, and it was -2.4 vs. last round. A small victory?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    [quote=
    02/25 – 202.0, progress...
    02/26 – 197.1, Medically fasting, but how do I keep it off when I starting eating at noon...[/quote]

Wow! 5 pounds is a big loss, even with medically fasting... I would not worry if you cannot keep it... it will come.