JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    So I have news! I went to the Community College where I started my Associates Degree in 2006. I sat with an Advisor to go over what I need to graduate...well... I DONT NEED ANYTHING!!!!! I'M GRADUATING IN MAY!!!!!

I'm graduating with a 3.0 even though I failed 2 classes my last semester there in 2010. I actually have more credits then I needed! I didn't even need to take the two classes I failed because I already had enough credits. I just didn't think to check because I thought I needed way more at that point. Lol. I'm just so excited! I told my DH and he freaked out like I was. Lol. I almost started crying when he hugged me. Lol.

Wooohoo!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you. That is a huge accomplishment :joy:

Thank you so much!!!! It's the next day and I'm still having trouble believing it! You are my inspiration to go and finally do it! The fact that you are going for your degree while being a Mom of 3 boys(one of which is a teenager) and pregnant again! Lol. I find you truly inspiring!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :neutral:
    2. Log all the food I eat :smile:
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :neutral:
    4. Go to the hotel gym :smile:

JFT (Tuesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake
    4. Go for a walk

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT: 2/27
    log everything
    stay green, but try to get enough calories. this sore throat and drainage are a real challenge to eating.
    drink 80-1 bottle done already
    yoga class tonight
    more crochet!

I'm excited, i'm getting an underwater mp3 today! should make swimming even better!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @missheidi The MP3 player sounds awesome! Where did you find it? I might take up swimming again if I can have one. Lol

So it's my TOM this week and I'm seriously considering not going to the gym today. Or at least, not for a few hours. I'm exhausted and having a hard time keeping my eyes open. It's not even 10 am yet. Lol. For some reason, I woke up around 5 am and was up for more than an hour before I decided to lay back down before the DH had to get up. But now I feel like I cant keep my eyes open. I think it might be time for another cup of coffee. Lol.

I do want to head to the library for a while. I really want to work on my story and I've found that I can never do it when I'm at home. There are too many other distractions. And I cant use my laptop because I'll never actually write if I do. I'll check my email or come on here. Pretty much do anything but what I need to do. Lol.

I think another cup of coffee is in order before I go though. Lol.

I hope everyone is having a great night!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Recap M 2/26 - Such an exciting day on JFT!!! Just want to say again, congrats to @Bex953172 and @HGSmith0920! :smiley::smiley:
    1) Treadmill 2 mi (too many snooze alarms for 3 miles) / 32:50 / stretched after = :smiley:
    2) At work today, do not check JFT/MFP every 10 minutes for baby watch, need to actually work. Thinking of you @Bex953172 and little Casey Leigh! = Still checked in way more than usual, but also got some work done. ;)
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 11,037 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) hours & 26 floors :smiley: One week since my last boom! day, even rearranged my evening schedule so I could continue to get steps in. :D
    4) Net calories green / monitor as usual = Net calories on track all day until snacked on chocolate covered almonds in evening (did not log) ~ ack!!! :s 15c water :smiley:
    5) Not sure of evening plans...if stay home, at least 1-2 items on to-do list = Stayed home (see #3) & got > 3 items done :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 = 9:45 :/ / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 (want 3 miles on treadmill T a.m.) = by the skin of my teeth :smile:

JFT T 2/27
    1) Treadmill 3 miles before work / 49:28 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers day / net calories green / log everything / monitor usual
    4) Evening: oil change, post office, laundry, make creamy fruit salad
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Goals for Day 25 and 26 were much the same:
    KJ: day 25 was fine but my internet connection was very patchy today and I was in tears at one point (stressed about unemployment) so it's just dumb luck that I'm still green in the final tally :warning:
    watch out for sugar and sodium - took my eye off the ball today :(
    avoid gluten and dairy - held fast, at least I didn't stoop to making myself sick :relieved:
    On day 25 I aimed for 2hrs exercise :) , whereas today I knew I'd be out most of the day so I cut back to a realistic 1hr (which I'm just about to do before bed LOL)

-it's getting so close to day 30, my "1st fitness goal" is to get there without missing a day of logging kj :blush:

Day 27:
    Limit KJ
    watch out for sugar, sodium and try to eat more protein
    avoid gluten and dairy
    aim for 2 hrs on exercise bike
    investigate fitness/dance/ pilates videos on youtube.
  • missheidi
    Options
    @missheidi The MP3 player sounds awesome! Where did you find it? I might take up swimming again if I can have one. Lol

So it's my TOM this week and I'm seriously considering not going to the gym today. Or at least, not for a few hours. I'm exhausted and having a hard time keeping my eyes open. It's not even 10 am yet. Lol. For some reason, I woke up around 5 am and was up for more than an hour before I decided to lay back down before the DH had to get up. But now I feel like I cant keep my eyes open. I think it might be time for another cup of coffee. Lol.

I do want to head to the library for a while. I really want to work on my story and I've found that I can never do it when I'm at home. There are too many other distractions. And I cant use my laptop because I'll never actually write if I do. I'll check my email or come on here. Pretty much do anything but what I need to do. Lol.

I think another cup of coffee is in order before I go though. Lol.

there are lots on amazon. be sure to read reviews before you buy!
  • acrylicfox
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Baby Casey
    Born 17.55 UK time
    7lb 10.

<3 PERFECT! <3
  • acrylicfox
    edited February 2018
    Options

Congratulations on your unexpected graduation!! what a delightful surprise.

During shark week I often have trouble sleeping and feel exhausted if I'm low in magnesium, maybe cut the coffee and try a couple of magnesium tablets.
    Hope it helps :)
  • missheidi
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »

During shark week I often have trouble sleeping and feel exhausted if I'm low in magnesium, maybe cut the coffee and try a couple of magnesium tablets.

*gasp* cut coffee???
  • acrylicfox
    edited February 2018
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »

*gasp* cut coffee???

:smiley::smiley::smiley:
    The only situation that I'd endorse such drastic measures.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    acrylicfox wrote: »

*gasp* cut coffee???

I'm with you @missheidi Lol. It's only 12:30pm here and I've already had 3. I'll probably have another around 3pm.

I am feeling much more awake now though. I forced myself to go to the library and work on my story. I worked for 45 minutes and got a scene and a half written that I want to add to the story. Pretty much I'm trying to turn a previously written(by me) Short Story into a Novella...maybe even a Novel if I can swing it. Lol. I have a whole bunch of ideas on how to expand it. I just need to actually sit down and write them. Lol
  • eshebam
    eshebam Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    grr couldn't find my goals from yesterday - but I think I hit all of em lol

today
    - stayin colorie goals
    - hit gym
    - take a couple of activity breaks in the afternoon
  • acrylicfox
    Options
    I just need to actually sit down and write them. Lol

I love that you are doing it!

I've got so many stories unwritten... I might have to follow your lead and make it a JFT goal :)
  • barbaradawes1
    barbaradawes1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Desperately need some help to keep myself motivated. I have no problem exercising everyday but I am having a really hard time with my eating habits. Any suggestions??
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    It's sunny and 55F out today, so I'm spending some time out on my deck. I think, tomorrow, instead of going to the library, I'm going to sit out here and do some writing. Also, drag the DH to the park for a bike ride. It's supposed to be partly sunny and 60F! I'm excited. I want to soak up the vitamin D while I can. It's going to drop back into the mid to low 40's over the next two weeks. I just want it to be warm again! Hopefully, by the end of March, it will be consistently warm again. I think I am really going to put this deck to work this spring and summer. I need to buy a deck umbrella though. The sun can get really bright out here, plus it reflects off the creek next to me. One day this Spring when the leaves are back on the trees and my deck is cleaned up I'll take a few pictures for you guys to see. It really is beautiful. The DH and I are lucky to live here.

Sorry for the rambling. I'm kind of putting off the gym. I'm also bored. The DH won't be home until around 530. Lol
  • hyperinchrist
    hyperinchrist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I’m loving front porch rocking with Tortoise and parrots