50lbs or more?

Options

Replies

• JoniNichole
    JoniNichole Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Crosbinium wrote: »
    My ultimate goal is to get down to 180. I lost 50 lbs 4 years ago and kept it off till last year. Stress eating, medical issues and steroids were a bad combo for me and next thing I know I am at 232 and have a serious ankle injury. I have lost 5 lbs in the past 15 days. Yay!
    My goal is to lose 10 more pounds as quickly as possible to get some pressure off my body and try and avoid surgery. Then go back to the lb a week 1600 cals a day routine that helped me lose last time without feeling starved.
    The big challenge is finding non weight bearing workouts that I can do. I have been watching ones on YouTube and making notes to try and cobble together one. I am doing mat Pilates 3x a week and an arm workout that I can do sitting 3x a week.
    Feel free to add me.

Loving all you ideas! Congrats on the weight loss this far
  • alklim
    alklim Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My beginning weight was 193. My long-term goal weight is 140-ish. My short term goal is 1-2 pounds per week. Feel free to add me-I’m in this for the long haul! Let’s do this!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Count me in on this. I am have a B'day in May, I saw lot's of us have "May" goals. But my goal in for June 30th - I want to hit 190.

HSW: 258
    Current SW - 237.8 (15th Jan)
    CW: 226
    Goals:
    1) getting down - 215 - will want to go clothes shopping (I hope to be down a size)
    2) get below 200, like 190-195 (so on fluctuation day I never see the 2 again)
    3) set new goals. -> another 50 to go I guess.

It's slow and steady right now. I want it to stay that way. I think I can hit my goals by middle of this year - but I am nervous my current progress will slow down.

I am taking it one day at a time - so thanks for all the inspirational stories, and all the support.

20/02 - 226.0 lbs (Challenge Start)
    27/02 - 223.8 lbs (Week 1 loss -2.2lbs)
  • educator605
    educator605 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need all the help I can get
  • wendydoodle
    wendydoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been working at this for along time by myself. I have lost 30 pounds but sometimes lose motivation.
    Short term goals of 20 lbs at a time.
    Long term goal of at least 75 lbs.
  • dangernene
    dangernene Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I have been struggling recently! I swear my mood and motivation is directly tied to the weather - thanks a bunch cold snap! I spent the weekend eating absolute rubbish and barely moved - so of course I couldn't get to sleep last night thinking about how I failed and I was useless and blah blah blah.

Managed to turn it round today by just packing my gym bag for later and getting plenty of water and a healthy lunch in me. I can't let a bad weekend get me down!
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Long term goal to get to 160. Short term goal is to get to 200 and for in my jeans by May for my trip. Total of 80 lbs. 26 lost already. Add me!
  • Promise2change
    Promise2change Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Current weight-232
    Short term-lose 20 pounds before college graduation in May
    Long term-get to around 185 and gain muscle mass.
  • wendydoodle
    wendydoodle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    dangernene wrote: »
    Ooooh I have been struggling recently! I swear my mood and motivation is directly tied to the weather - thanks a bunch cold snap! I spent the weekend eating absolute rubbish and barely moved - so of course I couldn't get to sleep last night thinking about how I failed and I was useless and blah blah blah.

Managed to turn it round today by just packing my gym bag for later and getting plenty of water and a healthy lunch in me. I can't let a bad weekend get me down!

Bad weather is the worst. Just start keep your head up and remember Spring Spring will be here soon.
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Currently 253 lbs
    Short term goal: I would like to lose 20lbs before June 16th, 2018 (my wedding)
    Long term goal: 50-80lbs (no timeline, just want to lose that much eventually)
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    alklim wrote: »
    Hello!
    My beginning weight was 193. My long-term goal weight is 140-ish. My short term goal is 1-2 pounds per week. Feel free to add me-I’m in this for the long haul! Let’s do this!

Let's work it then
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    eminater wrote: »
    Count me in on this. I am have a B'day in May, I saw lot's of us have "May" goals. But my goal in for June 30th - I want to hit 190.

HSW: 258
    Current SW - 237.8 (15th Jan)
    CW: 226
    Goals:
    1) getting down - 215 - will want to go clothes shopping (I hope to be down a size)
    2) get below 200, like 190-195 (so on fluctuation day I never see the 2 again)
    3) set new goals. -> another 50 to go I guess.

It's slow and steady right now. I want it to stay that way. I think I can hit my goals by middle of this year - but I am nervous my current progress will slow down.

I am taking it one day at a time - so thanks for all the inspirational stories, and all the support.

20/02 - 226.0 lbs (Challenge Start)
    27/02 - 223.8 lbs (Week 1 loss -2.2lbs)

You got this! Let's knock May out of the park!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    dangernene wrote: »

That's so awesome! Keep it up...I know sometimes we have bad days but you didn't let that bad time beat you!
  • tanlei_cc
    tanlei_cc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: lose 38 pounds by July 8th currently 238
    Long term goal: get to goal weight of 170 pounds
    Need all the support and motivation I can get so add me!
  • cynthialmcfarland
    cynthialmcfarland Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have recently gained back 30 of the 43lbs I had lost about 3 1/2 years ago. I have so many clothes in my closet that I can no longer wear because of this. I realized about a year ago that I was slowly but surely pushing the scale in the wrong direction and have tried and tried and tried to reverse the motion with no luck. I am a very numbers orientated person and so 3 days ago I created myself a worksheet that I can record calories burned, calories eaten, BMR, goals, weekly weigh-in's and since I'm an Excel freak I have formulas that tie all the fields together so I can see results if I put in just 15 minutes more of exercise a day or eat just 100 calories less a day. It's very motivating and since it's all based off of logic it gives me something solid to hold on to. It's been only 3 days but I am totally energized and ready to take on the challenge. I remind myself daily how great I had felt 30lbs ago in those dress pants that are now uncomfortably tight. I want to wear those again and feel that great again. I had ordered some new tops online...yes from China...and they are too small on me even though I had ordered two sizes larger than I take right now. These 4 gorgeous shirts should fit me in 12 weeks if I stick to this plan and they would look great with my dress pants that should fit me by then too. Keeping my eye on the prize!
  • nakagal
    nakagal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could use some encouragement.

I'm currently 263, goal of 170.

For the month of February I gave up alcohol, chips, french fries, and ice cream, hit 10K+ steps a day, got a good sweat on at least 3 days a week, focused on fruits and vegetables...and lost a grand total of 2.3 lbs.

:(

Worked so hard and so little lost.

• dangernene
    dangernene Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    nakagal wrote: »

For the month of February I gave up alcohol, chips, french fries, and ice cream, hit 10K+ steps a day, got a good sweat on at least 3 days a week, focused on fruits and vegetables...and lost a grand total of 2.3 lbs.

How much water are you drinking? Your body will hold on to that fat as best it can if you're not drinking enough water.

Make sure you're eating enough calories as well. Too little isn't going to help you either.

Hang in there! It'll come off.
  • megbelievesshecan
    megbelievesshecan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Short term goal: 25 by memorial day.
    Long term goal: 99 lbs
  • whitemagnolia1
    whitemagnolia1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hello, looking for friends who have open diaries & like my simple victories of staying below my calories & exercising, as well as accountability along the journey.
    SW: 170
    CW: 168
    GW: 120
    4'11. I do dvds of insanity, Shaun t rockin' body dance exercises, biggest loser, Denise Austin, Corey Everson get hard series, and cathe Friedrich step aerobics. plus treadmill, and stationary bike with swimming & climbing steps & walking mixed in. I try to do exercises 40 mins most days, but give myself 1 hour to get ready & stretch. 1 break per week. oh, and also Wii sports for light days.
    add me as friend, to motivate each other. I am determined to lose this weight this year!! 1/2-2 lbs per week is acceptable to me.
  • sadie_baby79
    sadie_baby79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    nakagal wrote: »

Stick with it. You’ll see results eventually!