The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh now I'm nervous :huh: I know Saturday is going to be really hard for me to log...we are going to a Bourbon, Beer, and BBQ party..........I sure will do my best but Valerie you can just take away those 5points now :laugh:

Oooohh....that sounds like a fun party! And probably worth the 5 points :laugh:

But ---- if it helps ---- I'm not checking diaries until late Sunday/Monday. You could always add your stuff on Sunday morning for Saturday. I just want you to log as a record of whether or not you went over calories. If someone doesn't log one day, then I have to assume that they went over.

Now the tricky part -- how many calories in a good beer??? And how do you balance beer calories with food calories :tongue: I could go for a beer now that we are talking about it
  • Brooklyn85
    Options
    Sorry I'm late with the weekly update. My week starts Monday in my head so Sunday feels too soon to report on progress. I guess I just need to do it right before bed next week.

Height: 5'7"
    Current Weight: 134.5 (lost 1.5 pounds, but that could just be because I weighed more last week due to my period...)
    Highest weight (over 3 years ago): 145
    Goal Weight: 126
    Eventual Goal Weight: 120-123

Exercise this week:
    5 days
    1 just cardio
    4 upper and lower body strength training (circuit training 3 days and yoga 1 day)

Excited about the challenge for this week!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Now the tricky part -- how many calories in a good beer??? And how do you balance beer calories with food calories :tongue: I could go for a beer now that we are talking about it

MFP surprisingly has a good amount of beers on there. If I can't find something I usually use 300-350 depending on the type of beer.
    Sometimes I have my husband split a good beer with me so I can taste alittle :wink:
  • vsetter
    Options
    Great weight loss Brooklyn! Plus you had a great week with your calories and water. You earned 21 points this week --- which puts you at a tie for first place. Woohoo! Keep up the good work!
  • sunnikim
    sunnikim Posts: 30
    Options
    Ok, I'm hopping back in the saddle. The last week has been crazy and I had just given up. Between birthdays, a sick child, change in daycare & other stress, I had not had the opportunity to focus on tracking food & exercise. Yesterday was my birthday, so I got the indulgences out of my system. I'm ready to focus again. Will try to do better starting today.
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    WOW, that has been be for about 6 months. Up, 1 or 2 lbs, down 1 or 2 lbs. On Saturday the scale said I lost 2lbs and on Sunday I was back up the same 2 lbs. This is crazy, and I just don't know what to do!!! I have been doing total body strength training 3 times a week, cardio(running about 10 miles) weekly, plus I have added other cardio workouts like Circuit Training. For the most part I eat very well, but I have been wondering if I am eating enough.
  • vsetter
    Options
    For the most part I eat very well, but I have been wondering if I am eating enough.

It looks like you might not be eating enough on the days that you exercise. You are not eating back your exercise calories. I'm having a hard time with that too. But what do I know....I've been stuck forever!???

I am throwing around the idea of posting my exercise calories one day forward. For example, if I exercise tonight and burn 500 calories, I will record them under tomorrow's diary. Then I will start my day with a larger allowance, but maybe I can better plan my meals. Otherwise I find that I am getting to the end of my day way under calories (and there is no way that I'm going to eat 500 calories after 10 or 11 pm).
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I usually plan my workouts at the beginning of the week, with a low estimate, as well as my food. So I can plan to eat everything I need to and if I need to adjust it can always be done that day.....for example, I logged 30day shred last night, but when I got home I was exhausted and didn't do it so I readjusted the rest of my night and cut out my beloved wine :happy:
    Good luck with it. Its so hard to find the right combo of everything and figure out what our bodies need. I am really hoping for a loss this week....I'm starting to get depressed. Even though my measurements are down I can feel the extra few pounds around my belly and I DON'T LIKE IT :sad:
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    So it appears that I've given myself posterior tibial tendonitis (yay). Does anyone have any ideas about what to do for cardio? It's suggested that I immobilize the ankle so I feel like I'm pretty doomed right now.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    So it appears that I've given myself posterior tibial tendonitis (yay). Does anyone have any ideas about what to do for cardio? It's suggested that I immobilize the ankle so I feel like I'm pretty doomed right now.

I totally had to google that....I am so sorry to hear that. I didn't find cardio exercises but found this link to help strengthen you leg/ankle so that hopefully you can get back on the horse soon.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/158005-exercises-for-posterior-tibial-tendonitis/
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    You must log in your meals every day this week. Each day must be at or under calorie goal. No going over this week! If you go over calories (or miss a day of logging) you will lose 5 points at the end of the week.

Losing this one. Still on vacation. D:
  • vsetter
    Options
    week1.jpg

Let's see if this works....
  • vsetter
    Options
    week1-1.jpg
  • vsetter
    Options
    I'll fiddle with sizes later.....gotta go to work.....
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ow. I know this is a closed group and I've missed the starting date but I too am so close to goal I can smell it AND stuck on a plateau. Next time you guys do a challenge like this, I'd love to be notified!

Thanks =)

Good luck to all!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I've been doing so well making my calorie goals all week, but today I added a second session of the 30day shred to finish it up and (so far) I'll have 224 calories left over....not sure I can eat more, I already have my usual 4 snacks a day, two after dinner snacks, wine and I even added coffee with delicious creamer for lunch.

How is everyone doing this week???
  • vsetter
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week???

I'm doing okay....I think. My calories and protein are decent and I started my Turbo Fire (which I am really excited about). BUT --- my sodium has been high. Seems to me that my high protein choices might also be high in sodium. Hmmmm.
  • vsetter
    Options
    I've been doing so well making my calorie goals all week, but today I added a second session of the 30day shred to finish it up and (so far) I'll have 224 calories left over....not sure I can eat more, I already have my usual 4 snacks a day, two after dinner snacks, wine and I even added coffee with delicious creamer for lunch.

Hmmmm....that's tough. Do you use a HRM or the mfp estimates???

Maybe have one super small snack (piece of fruit maybe) to get you just a tad closer. But if it were me.....I would probably just end my day under. I don't claim to be a good example.
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi =)

Okay I think I have the right post (please let me know if I haven't!!). I am a little behind but have been given permission to join the group. I'm a 30 year old school teacher. In my high school years I was very active but after finishing the weight piled on and I hit 80kg (177Ib). I lost 13kg (28Ib) with WW 7 years ago and mostly kept it off. After turning 30 this year and meeting 'the one' I decided I wanted to get into shape. Not just lose weight but to get fit, healthy and to look fab at 30! After all, I'm not getting any younger! Lol. I've been with MFP for 6 months now and lost another 11kg (24Ib). It's been a very slow slog but at least it's been happening. The last few months the scales have been hovering. Lose a little. Gain a little. I'd like to break through that. I've just started cycling (zig zagging) my calories to mix it up. One day at my 1200 cal limit the next 1400-1500, then back to 1200. Let's see if it works!

-- Height 160cm (5 foot 3)
    -- Starting weight 56kg (123.4Ib. It's so bizzare! I keep going to write 66kg. It still hasn't sunk in that I'm below 60!!)
    -- Goal weight 53Kg (116 Ib)

* Waist 86cm
    * Hips 96.5cm
    * Thighs 58.5cm
    *Aarms 29.5cm
    *Fat 25.9%

My training this week consisted of:
    Pilates (included ab work and upper strength work)
    10 minute Treamill
    Pump (upper and lower weights)
    40 minute run
    90 minute walk

I'll post again next Sunday, so that I'm reporting in synch with you guys!
  • kblue2007
    Options

Hmmmm....that's tough. Do you use a HRM or the mfp estimates???

Maybe have one super small snack (piece of fruit maybe) to get you just a tad closer. But if it were me.....I would probably just end my day under. I don't claim to be a good example.

Oh I found my way to more calories...margaritas, haha!! Low cal.
    I just ordered a HRM and I am so excited to get it. I think it will help in my journey. For the cardio machines at the gym I use what they say minus 15% and for circuit training and strength training I use MFP estimates.
    Scales not looking good this week....hopefully I'll stop bleeding soon and that'll help (sorry for being graphic, haha)!!!!