JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Posts are probably gonna be minimal from me for a few days until I adjust! But thought you might want an update

Enjoy that little bundle!!! And try and rest as much as you can!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :'( Ended up eating an entire block of cheese. Not sure why - I was hungry, but I was also stressed and possibly fed up of being 'good' all the time. Think I need to look at what I'm doing overall and see if I can make changes that make me happier with my plan!
    - NO EXTRA WINE AFTER WINE COURSE :smile:
    - Stay positive :smile:
    - Leave work at 5pm :smile: I actually left at 2.30 because of snow... But then worked from home! Made it to my wine course on time, which was the point of this one

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Stay positive
    - Go to gym at lunch
    - Finish work by 6.45
    - No alcohol
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    It's 8:06 am and I've been up for an hour. I've done a short-er yoga video, took a shower, had a cup of coffee and weighed myself. Why the heck do I feel like I'm about to fall asleep sitting up? I have to leave in about 40 minutes to meet up with a friend for coffee. Which means I can't really go back to sleep. I think it's time for another cup of coffee.

My tailbone seems to be feeling better. Cant lean against it on a hard surface, but walking around and standing in the shower are fine. I just had to sleep on my side, which I do normally. My wrist only really hurts if I lean on it. I can lean on my fingers though, so that helps. That's how I managed to do the yoga video. It was only a 20-minute one that focused on the neck and shoulders. It felt good to stretch all that out. I tend to store tension there.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful morning. I know some of you are in the middle of your day and some aren't even awake yet!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    weighed in today, down .6. yay? did NOT meet my goal of under 190 by today. close though.

JFT2/28
    log :)
    stay greenummmm...about that. 600 over. eep! :s dinner at church was a little too yummy.
    drink 80 1 bottle down, 3 to go :)
    swim: i'm not setting my goal very high on this today due to not feeling great. I'll be super happy with 1000 yards. :s
    crochet group tonight at church. making progress! :)

Laryngitis is coming, i just hope it isn't too bad.
    Laryngitis totally is here.

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    JFT 3/1
    log everything TODAY, not catching up tomorrow.
    stay green
    drink 80
    yoga video (i hope) we have a school thing tonight with DS at 6, so i can't go to class.
    support DS at his event.
    DON'T TALK
  • mcbeef29
    mcbeef29 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    @mcbeef29 Welcome! This is a fantastic, incredibly active thread. It's been really helpful helping many of us get progress towards our end goal and towards daily habits and goals.

Thank you! I'm trying to make it a habit. Writing it down definitely helps and seeing everyone else posting is great motivation. Also, I'm seeing lots of great new ideas from everyone. :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap W 2/28 - Felt so good to get more sleep night before! :relaxed:
    1) Treadmill 3 miles before work / 49:50 / stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work (pace in office during 1:00 webinar? office-mate will be here) = Fitbit 14,509 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (paced during webinar & officemate though I was crazy / Lenten service) & 23 floors :smiley:
    3) Leftovers for lunch prelogged / choose wisely at soup supper (limit breads / desserts) / monitor usual = Ate one (delicious!) dessert & half slice bread at soup supper. Another day when I did ok all day then snacked on walnut halves when got home for good. Forced myself to log snacks this morning / not pretty. Net calories, sugar & sodium all RED, at least fiber & protein good, and 14c water. :s
    4) Log measurements taken this morning / find & update monthly goals on JFT = Done x2 :smiley::smiley:
    5) Evening: soup supper at church :smiley: / Lenten service :smiley: / meal plan & grocery list :smiley: / at least 1 more to-do :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 = just! :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 = Fail :s

JFT R 3/1
    1) Rest day (no treadmill) / move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Food plan for day in my head / prelog & stick w/ plan / net calories green / monitor usual
    3) Evening: grocery shop / nyjer seed in birdfeeders / boil eggs / wash dishes / Sunday ads
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (treadmill F a.m. before work)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Laryngitis totally is here.

Hope you are better soon. My hubby loves when I get laryngitis, he enjoys the peace and quiet! :D
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Day 28: Bad day :(
    I also lost internet connection till late evening and overate big time in an attempt to relieve stress (but it just made me feel yuk, hope I will remember next time that I felt like crap after overeating), final tally is nowhere near green and I didn't do any exercise at all,
    here's to a better day tomorrow.

Day 29:
    limit kj
    avoid gluten and dairy
    exercise at least 1hr
    repeat after me "Action conquers fear"
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mcbeef29 wrote: »
    Have a great day.
    Log all food.
    Think Positive.
    Cook dinner.
    Go to gym.
    Healthy Choices.
    Go to be early(ish).

Have a great day everyone!

Welcome! You have a good JFT list. Come back tomorrow and let us know how you did. Focus on the process each day.

Peace and joy.
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    biche896 wrote: »
    I didn't meet all my goals yesterday. Was slightly over my macros, and didnt walk raffi but played with her in the yard, and i burnt 2150 calories instead of 2200.

For today my goals are:

Eat within macros/calories
    2 litres of water
    Apple cider vinegar - done
    Lift - done
    10k steps
    C25K
    Play with rondo & raffi
    Burn at least 2200 calories

Met all except I missed 600ml of water and fell asleep before I could do C25K

So for that day:

Eat within macros
    Apple cider vinegar
    Lift
    10k steps
    C25K
    Play with rondo and raffi
    Burn at least 2200 calories
    Drink 2 litres of water

• preciousme150
    preciousme150 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    JUST FOR TODAY 03/01/2018…

Continue the process of letting go, forward movement.
    Mediate.
    Log all calories.
    Drink 12.5 glasses of water.
    Meet all of my Fitbit goals.
    Relax.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Wednesday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :neutral:
    2. Log all the food I eat :smile:
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :neutral:

JFT (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake

• sapmwp6681
    sapmwp6681 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just for Today...
    Stay within calorie range
    no sweets
    complete devotional reading
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Still sick. I hate that I have had to call into work sick again. This is crazy. I can't stop coughing and can hardly breathe and all I want to do is eat crap.

@Bex953172 Your picture of you with little Casey is beautiful! Hugs to you sweetie! Rest every chance you get!

Just for today:
    1. Hydrate
    2. Try not to worry about work and calling in today, (feeling very high anxiety today).
    3. Rest
    4. Early bedtime

March Goals:
    1. Get out of the 170's.
    2. Turn exercising into a habit
    3. Stop hitting snooze button
    4. Gain self confidence in new job
    5. Taxes
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Absolutely freezing blizzard extreme weather conditions over here (prob mild compared to stateside snow but we brits are only good at rain!). Most schools closed but mine and my kids’ schools were open so we all had a slog to get in through the weather.

My hip seems to be getting better though so am feeling more positive. But not so good at allowing myself rest...

Recap
    Goals for 1/3:
    - rest unless hip better ✅ (ish) I woke up early even though alarm was set for later. Was still sad about sore hip but decided to try a workout doing mainly arms/core/body weight stuff and put in an hour. Can’t decide if this is a NSV or if I should be angry with myself for not resting?? Also (not really intentionally) ended up over 16k steps and 61 floors) :#
    - Stay within calorie goal but do not over restrict ✅
    - drink lots of fluids ✅ (though lots of this was coffee/decaf coffee as so cold today needed hot drinks)
    - Chase delivery ✅ email sent but no phone number and no reply :(
    - Online grocery shop ✅
    - Be kind to myself :| see above
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oops goals for tomorrow!
    2/3:
    - modified workout to rest hip
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Lots of fluid
    - speak to M and B ahead of parent meeting